Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"That would not even cross my mind."

When asked whether she thought CL could have done something to EC.

Yeah, I caught that too! IM seems very fond of CL. I think that IM knows a lot more than what she claims as evidenced by the PCA. She strikes me as the type who won't say what she does know unless she realizes how much trouble she could be in if she doesn't.

BBM

What about CL's phone? Have we heard anything about his phone being turned off too? That would raise a big white flag surely? I guess he could have easily gotten a disposable prepaid phone, to let NL know where/when to pick him up (I do believe she was involved)
MOO ~

Also, does anyone know if it is possible for LE to get records of the Lee's cellphone activities for that day even if they were not confiscated? TIA~

One of the items siezed was a black samsung cell phone.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.documentcloud.org/documents/1225468/1765-001.pdf

"That would not even cross my mind."

When asked whether she thought CL could have done something to EC.

I noticed that she spoke very warmly of CL, and that he had done a lot of things to help her. That explains why she may not have ratted him out immediately. I couldn't understand who she said was never there very long at a time. Could you hear whether that was CL and NL or EC? Thanks!

No one answered cuz no one knows the answer. But don't texts and voice mails go to a phone even when its turned off? Or are they waiting in a cue somewhere and when the phone is turned back on, they download or upload or ????
Still, I know LE can have the phone company turn a phone on (or the account or something) even if there isn't a physical phone.
Here's the glitch though, "I THINK".

For these reasons we have experts. Hello?

It may differ by phone (and we don't know the phones involved), but this is what I've observed on my iPhone. For texts, it holds them until I stop the "airplane mode," which is annoying because I can't tell when they sent it. I think voicemails are the same - sorry, I don't remember enough to be positive.
Yes, just a couple of days ago I texted my daughter some photos of lamps from a store I was in. She didn't want to come into the store. She didn't realize her phone was in airplane mode- so when I texted her, they were green on my phone. When I asked her about it, and she switched airplane mode off, she received the photos and all the future texts I sent her were blue on my phone. We have IPhones.

I noticed that she spoke very warmly of CL, and that he had done a lot of things to help her. That explains why she may not have ratted him out immediately. I couldn't understand who she said was never there very long at a time. Could you hear whether that was CL and NL or EC? Thanks!

I think IM was answering the reporters question about EC and JC.

EC...Where are you!!!! This case is so twisted. Every story I read is some other angle an makes zero sense. I wish they would find this poor girl one way or another. She made some bad choices. None that I agree with at all and the kind that lead you on the wrong path but enough is enough all the way around. Where is she!!! I wish they would just have a big break in this case.

Perhaps they took the iPod because they're just covering all the bases and scrutinizing all electronic devices. Perhaps there is information on it re: internet activity? Also, does anyone know if the iPod can do iMessage? My iPad can, but I don't have an iPod. The really weird thing my iPad does when on wifi and used to send text messages is that if I send it to my own phone (my kids have done this to me) or to any phone that has my App Store/iTunes account on it (my kids) it shows up as a conversation with myself, and it makes double alerts and the conversation is saved to each device with my account. The kids think it's hilarious.
If it's an iPod touch you can iMessage. Not sure about regular iPods.

Based on some of the statements made by NL in the PCA.....Why has she not been arrested or taken in for questioning.?

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/22/ijvm.01.html

So my question to you, Michael, is do you think the man you saw in that car that she hopped into looks like Christopher Lee, who her neighbor

is alleging was having an affair with her? We`re going to show you another photo. There he is, Christopher Lee.

BEASLEY (via phone): Yes. You know, this is the first -- I`ve got to tell you, this is the first that I have seen this picture of this

gentleman. And I cannot believe that -- if you take that cowboy hat off, that very well could be the man that was in that red vehicle that day.

That very well could be. I can`t say it is. I just can tell you, 6, 7 percent, that that very well could be the short man with no hair. It`s --

I can`t believe this.

This is the transcript I was talking abt M B saying it could have been CL in the red car...

ETA: IMO the transcript should say 60 to 70 percent, never heard anyone refer to 6 or 7..

I thought she was implying the Cs only stayed a couple hours at a time but I'm not sure.

Yes, just a couple of days ago I texted my daughter some photos of lamps from a store I was in. She didn't want to come into the store. She didn't realize her phone was in airplane mode- so when I texted her, they were green on my phone. When I asked her about it, and she switched airplane mode off, she received the photos and all the future texts I sent her were blue on my phone. We have IPhones.

On an iPhone, iMessages (sent between two iPhones/Apple devices running a supported OS) appear in blue and don't count on your cellular bill as texts. Green texts are those sent to a non-Apple device, those sent to an Apple device not running a newer OS, or those sent as regular texts when iMessages can't be sent using Apple servers.

DH also says that you can have WiFi enabled while in Airplane mode. Airplane mode just disables cellular data/connections.

Personally, I don't think her phone was put into Airplane mode. Do we have confirmation that she had an iPhone?

ETA: I've had friends with older iPhones not running a newer OS. Once they upgrade their phone or update their OS, I can tell since I can suddenly iMessage with them. I LOVE iMessage!!

I have a feeling that after that statement from the owner of the ranch was made public there was a very, very unhappy female that had some words with the owner which may have her looking over her shoulder now.

And the POI quickly packs up and moves to Alaska!?

"Nicole told Isabella that without a body the detectives did not have a case against them and the detectives would never find the body,” the affidavit stated.

Nicole also said investigators had searched her residence but missed something because they didn’t go through the garage.

She also “berated Lee in front of Isabella about not being able to keep his lies straight when he was interviewed by detectives because he was dumb.”

Nicole and Lee had been storing belongings, including a firearm, at the ranch in preparation for a move to Alaska, the affidavit stated."
http://ktla.com/2014/07/22/missing-...ith-the-day-she-went-missing-court-documents/

RE: packing and going in a hurry, seems to me to be anything but. I am still lost on why they moved first to the Ranch, and that apparently involved several trips, and then packed again from there and didn't (per ranch owner) leave until July 16. In my experience, that is a whole lot of time and extra messing around for any move and most assuredly wouldn't to me suggest a sudden cut and run, as in pack the U-haul directly from the on-base apartment and blast from there inside a day or two of ETS.

Alaska being his home of record, makes sense they would have made plans ahead if they intended to move back there once CL got out. But they were apparently anything but speedy doing so.

Unless they intended to stay at the ranch and work there for some time. And not move home. But then why a U-haul, pickup and looks like at least one car to move stuff from post to the ranch?

I'm confused about the whole move and then move again deal. Two weeks of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhartley90