GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno but I just have a gut feeling Erin was a really good person who had a moment of doing a bad thing. As I have said sometimes really good people do a stupid thing. She was married very young. In a life that's tough enough for a mature wife. Not excusing just sayin... I guess I base it on her compassion for the work she did with horses. IMO you have to have a really big heart. That's all I wanted to say.

Why do you call Concerned/Interested/Possibly New Websleuth Clients..."peeps?" .. Just Curious.

Peeps? Well because you all are just cute little yellow chickens.
No really peeps is a word used for all people/posters when blogging. Don't ask me, just going with the flow.

For the probably cause affidavit , LE did not need to include everything said in the text EC sent to her friend in TN. Perhaps the text read something like this

" This may be our last chance to be alone before he leaves for Alaska. Going to make a special day of it , celebrate my birthday and pregnancy "

maybe ??

Why do you call Concerned/Interested/Possibly New Websleuth Clients..."peeps?" .. Just Curious.

I'm not sure if you are referring to a specific post or not, but I've seen and used 'peeps' as a sort of shortened/slang/cute way to say 'people'... Kind of like saying 'y'all', but in third person (?)...

I dunno but I just have a gut feeling Erin was a really good person who had a moment of doing a bad thing. As I have said sometimes really good people do a stupid thing. She was married very young. In a life that's tough enough for a mature wife. Not excusing just sayin... I guess I base it on her compassion for the work she did with horses. IMO you have to have a really big heart. That's all I wanted to say.

Yes but CL's the one who married very young and was tired of an iron handed wife. He probably deserved her too. But what guy, in this day and age, has only experienced one partner at age 24? He wanted a new, younger version if you know what I mean. Erin was his prey if this story ends up being true and accurate. She was probably seduced by him.

Do we know if the only condition for CL's release was bail ? Could the Judge restrict his movements but the public not know about it ?

That's all I know. He made bail on July 6 and, according to IM, left for Alaska on July 16.

Per the Statement of Probable Cause, it mentions on July 1, 2014 when SW was served at the L's residence that one of the things listed they were looking for was “Erin's cellular phone” so IMO that would lead me to believe they (LE) must've felt she had her cell phone with her at the time she went missing.

Also, the Statement of Probable Cause, it mentions “sometime after Erin left with Lee, her phone was de-activated (turned off).” IMO, it seems to me from this statement that LE has good reason to believe Erin was with CL that day, which makes me wonder just how do they know this? I don't expect them to tell me or anyone else, but rather my point is, there is some reason(s) that LE is confident she was with CL that day – whether it be surveillance footage, cell phone pings, or what-not.

In the Statement of Probable Cause, regarding Erin's friend in TN – the friend “forwarded text messages from Erin to support these claims” regarding “going on a day trip together on June 28, 2014, for a celebration of Erin's pregnancy” and “Lee told Erin they were going to have a special day together and he was going to take her hunting”

From following the Heather Elvis case here on WS, there has been lots of information regarding cell phone pings, online phone records, if and when data stops versus phone being on, off, destroyed, etc. And IIRC, even if LE doesn't have access to Erin's cell phone, I think they can still not only get call logs, times, etc but also can get the actual text messages as well. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong (as I very well could be) but it seems this is what I remember being said. If it's true that LE can obtain the
actual text messages, voice mails, call logs, etc. that this may all very well answer lots and lots of questions as to WHO knew what, how much contact CL and Erin had, and so on and on....

I have seen nothing released from LE that mentions WHAT was obtained from cameras/video surveillance etc. anywhere, whether it be from the base or JTNP or wherever. I remember it being mentioned that the base had turned it over to LE. My point being, so we do NOT know who left where or when they left or who was with who or when anybody returned or didn't return.

As far as everyone's whereabouts, we don't know where anyone was at the time Erin went missing. We have a witness who saw who he felt could've been Erin getting into a “red car” but heck, we haven't heard any mention or confirmation of the red car otherwise.

And to sum it up (IMO), somebody being free to go where they want without restrictions does not in my mind say to me they are innocent of any involvement, because it's like the old saying goes, sometimes if you give them enough rope, they will hang themselves.

I believe it was July 3 but I cannot say that for sure (as to when Erin's mom was coming out for visit).

How many days was it until EC's mom was coming for her visit? I am wondering if that had anything to do with the timing of Erin's disappearance? Or, was she planning on going to the doctor soon?

I believe her mom was coming July 3rd and dr appt was the following week after she disappeared.

I believe there is video of both but I don't have a link. Sorry

Maybe someone else can help

It's interesting that she distances herself from Erin & Jon (it was very impersonal), yet speaks glowingly of Chris. I'm not intimating anything nefarious, just taking notes.

I like to jot down notes too - not intimating anything here either. I just wrote 1) she wears a ball cap 2) she has a pony tail 3) speaks glowingly of CL

2mzi8h0.jpg

If she drives a red car I'll make that #4 :)

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/erin-corwin-missing-marines-wife-loved-horses-white-24700367

Per the Statement of Probable Cause, it mentions on July 1, 2014 when SW was served at the L's residence that one of the things listed they were looking for was “Erin's cellular phone” so IMO that would lead me to believe they (LE) must've felt she had her cell phone with her at the time she went missing.

Also, the Statement of Probable Cause, it mentions “sometime after Erin left with Lee, her phone was de-activated (turned off).” IMO, it seems to me from this statement that LE has good reason to believe Erin was with CL that day, which makes me wonder just how do they know this? I don't expect them to tell me or anyone else, but rather my point is, there is some reason(s) that LE is confident she was with CL that day – whether it be surveillance footage, cell phone pings, or what-not.

In the Statement of Probable Cause, regarding Erin's friend in TN – the friend “forwarded text messages from Erin to support these claims” regarding “going on a day trip together on June 28, 2014, for a celebration of Erin's pregnancy” and “Lee told Erin they were going to have a special day together and he was going to take her hunting”

From following the Heather Elvis case here on WS, there has been lots of information regarding cell phone pings, online phone records, if and when data stops versus phone being on, off, destroyed, etc. And IIRC, even if LE doesn't have access to Erin's cell phone, I think they can still not only get call logs, times, etc but also can get the actual text messages as well. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong (as I very well could be) but it seems this is what I remember being said. If it's true that LE can obtain the
actual text messages, voice mails, call logs, etc. that this may all very well answer lots and lots of questions as to WHO knew what, how much contact CL and Erin had, and so on and on....

I have seen nothing released from LE that mentions WHAT was obtained from cameras/video surveillance etc. anywhere, whether it be from the base or JTNP or wherever. I remember it being mentioned that the base had turned it over to LE. My point being, so we do NOT know who left where or when they left or who was with who or when anybody returned or didn't return.

As far as everyone's whereabouts, we don't know where anyone was at the time Erin went missing. We have a witness who saw who he felt could've been Erin getting into a “red car” but heck, we haven't heard any mention or confirmation of the red car otherwise.

And to sum it up (IMO), somebody being free to go where they want without restrictions does not in my mind say to me they are innocent of any involvement, because it's like the old saying goes, sometimes if you give them enough rope, they will hang themselves.

Did the friend forward the detective the actual text messages? Why didn't LE write word-for-word the texts as they appeared when received by Erin's friend. They're not written like that in the affidavit. It sounds as if someone was telling LE about the messages received versus providing the actual text messages (which is why a NCIS person went to TN).

I'm not certain but so far it is hearsay versus real evidence. Do others recognize the distinction I'm making or am I missing something?

Does anyone know how long CL was stationed in 29? Were he & NL there a lot longer than the Corwins?

:goodpost: Is there a Sleuth of the Day award? I like all the facts (vs. rumors!) you put together here -- some had slipped my mind so I appreciate the reminder. Good job!!!

Does anyone know how long CL was stationed in 29? Were he & NL there a lot longer than the Corwins?

I think I saw something on the subject somewhere but know if he got out after six years, he probably spent at least three of them at 29. He was deployed during this time (or possibly before) as well. Someone posted earlier he was in Afghanistan and another deployment location as well. That would be the times when NL was back home holding down the fort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx