GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking that NL meant their storage shed and just used the word garage.

So... running from the idea that NL was referring to those little storage units in the carport and that LE hadn't searched theirs:

-I can't imagine, since they are right there, that LE would have just missed them. Is it possible LE was told by CL or NL that they didn't have one of those units? Was NL just spouting off to make herself sound clever?

The things she said really make no sense to me, especially how they seem to just be tossed out there in front of a third party...

Those carports in the pic have storage area with doors and locks..each apartment would get one storage. Though no one would refer to any of that as a garage. I'd say parking lot and storage for those. Garage could mean a garage at the ranch which presumably has horsie trailers and hay moving thingys. It would be bigger than a residential one with some large stuff and less packed with junk.

Garage is meant to be at the Lee's residence, meaning the shed in the carport.

"Nicole made statements to Isabella about the detectives having missed something at their residence when it was searched because the detectives did not search the garage."

https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.documentcloud.org/documents/1225468/1765-001.pdf

Also from Probable Cause:
Upon speaking to J[modsnip], she told detectives she was helping Lee and Nicole move. told detectives she observed a potato gun in Lee?s garage

Where are you Erin? You deserve justice. Help us find you. :(

I would like to suggest that CL had a carport, a locked storage shed, AND a garage with a door separate from the other two. (in technical terms this would be called a detached garage) I have no link for this but all these people can not be wrong.

"In the carport by Lee’s residence was a Jeep Cherokee found to belong to Lee. "

"Nicole made statements to Isabella about the detectives having missed something at their residence when it was searched because the detectives did not search the garage."

"Upon speaking to (teen), she told detectives she was helping Lee and Nicole move. (Teen) told detectives she observed a potato gun in Lee’s garage and the potato gun was now inside the green Honda Civic with Califomia license plate “6YKZO94". This vehicle is currently parked to the front of 788 Geronimo near where Nicole parked the Uhaul. Isabella stated the Honda Civic was driven by Lee on 070214 when she was helping them and he left it in the vehicle. (Teen) told detectives Lee even had her grab a bag of potatoes to be used with the potato gun later."

I think ALL THIS TALK in the probable cause statement is simply convincing a judge to let the cops search the green Honda. They imply they missed the potato gun in the "garage." They state the potato gun is in the Honda. THEY REALLY WANT TO SEARCH THIS HONDA, which is owned by IM.

The problem is, no cop has ever seen CL or NL actually driving the Honda! They witness NL driving the Uhaul, and they witness CL driving the Ford pickup. The Honda was just sitting on the ranch property when the cops arrived.

So, they are making their case to the judge to search somebody else's vehicle. They IMPLY they missed the potato gun in the garage, and then they quote the 13-year-old to give probable cause to search the Honda.

EDIT: They HAD to search that Honda. For all they knew, there could have been a body in the trunk.

Per Probable Cause statement

Erin was three weeks pregnant at the time she disappeared
Erin went to Joshua Tree Park to scout out hiking trails
Erin's mom was due to visit July 3

Lee said he spoke to Erin about two months ago/saw her a week ago but they didn't speak
Another neighbor told LE that Erin and CL "were having an affair"

Lee was recontacted after the neighbor and JT in TN told LE about the affair
Lee admitted he became a close friend of Erin and that they previously had kissed but didn't engage in intercourse
Lee went to JT park at 7:30 a.m. and returned approx 1600 hours on June 28
Trenthan is concerned for Erin's safety since Erin didn't return from their day trip together

Erin's car was located on June 30 only a couple minutes drive from Erin's and the Lee's residences
A single set of shoe tracks can be seen leading from the driver's door of Erin's vehicle up to another set of tire tracks

On July 1, homicide detectives spoke to Lee and Nicole. Nicole said a .22 caliber rifle was kept in the closet along with other firearms unspecified
Erin's cell phone was not located
Lee's cell phone was located
Lee's rifle was not located where Nicole said it should be*
The Jeep Cherokee belonging to Lee has similar tires to the tracks found nearby Erin's car

*Nicole was approached by LE again after the search warrant and asked about the .22 caliber rifle again
Enter the Ranch location into the picture as Nicole says Lee brought his Jeep along with the rifle to the ranch
Nicole accompanies the detectives over to the ranch where the owner, IM, leads them to the back of the residence to
retrieve the rifle from a closet

On July 3 Lee's Jeep was processed for evidence at SID where it had been towed. Ten .40 caliber fired cartridge casings were found in the vehicle. Yet no .40 caliber firearm was found in any of the previous searches

On July 3 detectives spoke to Isabella about her relationship with the Lee couple.
As LE was speaking to Isabella, Lee and Nicole drove up and behaved suspiciously when they saw the detectives there.
Lee grabbed a black duffel bag and took it into the residence

At this point, LE requested a search warrant to search the ranch the next day as they believed Lee was concealing evidence that may lead to Erin

A third party pointed out that a potato gun was inside a green Honda Civic
LE failed to search the garage of the Lee residence on base earlier

A potato gun was found in a green Honda Civic

https://contextintn.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/case-affidavit.pdf

IMO, no way would Erin know if she was pregnant at three weeks. If Erin was pregnant she had to be further along. I wish someone would clear this up for us!

I hadn't realized that another neighbor along with JT in Tennessee had spoken to police about an affair that had been going on between Erin and CL.

No, this isn't looking good for CL one bit.

Plus the Lee's fail to mention to LE that they're moving stuff over to the ranch as LE is searching their residence.
And, for crying out loud, how did LE fail to search their garage?

Oh and LE took into evidence (I know you all know this) an iPad out of a purse (I'm assuming Nicole's purse?)

Can you believe out of the possible combinations of initials we have two JT (Erin's friend and Joshua Tree) and there is Lee and LE

If she was regular, JC could have just known she was late. Some husbands keep track. Maybe she skipped her monthly twix fix or something as simple as that.

Now I see that the pdf file (initial report of investigation) had that Erin was three weeks pregnant. Gees.
Who talks about it at that stage? Weird.
Girls who aren't married and fearful they may be pregnant!

Local here. For what its worth, in the area EC lived, most apartments do have a garage. The image appears to be a generic of some nearby housing. Residents sometimes get the opportunity to give up their garage for a small storage closet attached to the house and an extra bedroom. The reason for this option is that the housing area is off base. Those residents technically do not live on base, but in an external gated community. I can drive by to confirm tomorrow if anyone is interested. Also, you must be present for police to search and seize items, so NL or CL would have been in the residence. Was informed it is to ensure police are not accused of "planting evidence." From personal experience.

IMO, no way would Erin know if she was pregnant at three weeks. If Erin was pregnant she had to be further along. I wish someone would clear this up for us!

Someone, JC?, told the police three weeks pregnant because it says so in the report.

Now I see that the pdf file (initial report of investigation) had that Erin was three weeks pregnant. Gees.
Who talks about it at that stage? Weird.
Girls who aren't married and fearful they may be pregnant!

I don't think the three weeks is correct. Maybe this was a mistake and she was three months pregnant. IMO no way would Erin have known she was pregnant if she was only three weeks. I wish a reporter would try and find out how far along Erin was.

[modsnip] I think the story indicated she had known for two weeks that she was indeed pregnant. Not necessarily three weeks pregnant. Speculation of course.

I'm having a frick'n conversation with myself and I look up and you guys are posting the same thing.
So sorry I'm in my own little world after having been so behind in reading the meat of this case.

Local here. For what its worth, in the area EC lived, most apartments do have a garage. The image appears to be a generic of some nearby housing. Residents sometimes get the opportunity to give up their garage for a small storage closet attached to the house and an extra bedroom. The reason for this option is that the housing area is off base. Those residents technically do not live on base, but in an external gated community. I can drive by to confirm tomorrow if anyone is interested. Also, you must be present for police to search and seize items, so NL or CL would have been in the residence. Was informed it is to ensure police are not accused of "planting evidence." From personal experience.

I'm interested. Anything that can narrow down more "info" to facts is welcomed. Photos would be great too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rwiz