GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone, JC?, told the police three weeks pregnant because it says so in the report.

The initial scanner traffic says JC reported "less than two months pregnant":
http://www.cbs8.com/story/25971456/timeline-emerges-in-marine-wifes-mysterious-disappearance

The first news release put out by sheriff dept said "three months pregnant":
http://cms.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/Med.../July/UpdateTwentyninePalmsMissingPerson.aspx

The probable cause, written 20 days ago, says "three weeks pregnant":
http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/warrant_corwin.pdf

Someone, JC?, told the police three weeks pregnant because it says so in the report.

Maybe Erin may have found out three weeks before she disappeared, but no way would she have known she was pregnant if she was only three weeks.

the initial scanner traffic says jc reported "less than two months pregnant":
http://www.cbs8.com/story/25971456/timeline-emerges-in-marine-wifes-mysterious-disappearance

the first news release put out by sheriff dept said "three months pregnant":
http://cms.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/med.../july/updatetwentyninepalmsmissingperson.aspx

the probable cause, written 20 days ago, says "three weeks pregnant":
http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/warrant_corwin.pdf

Thank You! :gaah:

Also from Probable Cause:
Upon speaking to J[modsnip], she told detectives she was helping Lee and Nicole move. told detectives she observed a potato gun in Lee?s garage

And J even helped Lee grab a bag of potatoes (a detail mentioned in the report too)

Also if Erin was trying for a baby and tracking ovulation you can take a test 21 days after the date you think you may have conceived and get a positive result. So she may well have known at 3 weeks.

I'm going to sign out now.
One more observation - in the pdf. file, on page 1 of 4, there's a little list. Potato gun and .40 caliber firearm are listed.

Later, in the body of the report, they say the .40 caliber wasn't found "in previous searches". Since the .40 caliber is listed on page 1, does that mean it was later found somewhere after all?

I just noticed a few posts on the past couple of pages mention the minor child in the prob cause affidavit by name. We will have our thread shut down for this, as we've already been warned a few times.

I think it is possible that with EC and JC being young and having never had a successful pregnancy (that we know of!), that they may not have understood how a pregnancy is dated/counted. I have heard women call themselves "two weeks" pregnant when they find out they are pregnant. Since a pregnancy is counted from the start date of the last menstrual cycle, most women are about 28 days or 4 weeks pregnant when they have their first missed period/have a positive home pregnancy test/realize they are pregnant (assuming a 28 day cycle.) If EC ovulated early in her cycle - perhaps around cycle day 7 instead of 14, she many have had a positive test by or around day 21. (TMI alert: I had that happen with one of my pregnancies and it was tricky at the doctor's office bc they have strict guidelines of when they see patients/do certain tests. Their computer system didn't account for early ovulation so the doctor actually told me to give a different last menstrual date than the real one. If I didn't give a false date, their computer program didn't "think" I could be pregnant at that point.)

If EC had a D&C following her miscarriage, she many not have had a true period following it before conceiving again. While most doctors will tell you to wait at least a few cycles after a D&C before trying again, not all women do and then their pregnancy dates are complicated. I have known women that, based on ultrasound dating, conceived at the same time as their D&C.

Many OBs don't see patients until they are later in the first trimester (10-13 weeks) because quite a few early pregnancies end in miscarriage and medical intervention won't change that. If you are considered high risk, you often are seen earlier. From my own experience with the military medical system, I wouldn't be surprised if EC wouldn't be seen by a doc until later in the first trimester as opposed to early in the first trimester.

Bottom line IMO, we shouldn't get too hung up on how far along EC was in her pregnancy because I don't think it really affects the "facts" (from what info has been released) - EC was reportedly pregnant and there was question about the paternity.

We don't know, and they don't know. And Erin didn't know. Beta-HCG test has a huge threshold and for the most part it's usually only useful to tell you THAT you are pregnant. Unless you have earlier results standardized to a specific date. (who has those, right? Well except Monica, if she had gotten pregnant that is). No, women cannot actually get a period when they are pregnant. What can happen is something called breakthrough bleeding. During the attachment and growth of the embryo, minor tears are made in the vessels in the lining of the uterine wall and a small amount of blood leaks out, pooling just above the cervix in the uterus. When pressure is put on the collected fluid it is forced out in a manner that can mimic a period. This may or may not have been the case. The doctor made a judgment call. Until ultrasonography is performed, there really is no way to tell how far along someone is. (except if your last encounter was a one night stand exactly 4 wks ago, and even then you could be off by a few days)

Great explanation, 77DH7. I'd like to add the following...

Even with an ultrasound, there is still a little bit of human "error" in measuring such a tiny baby! For example, I have twins who were conceived via IVF. As such, we know exactly when they were conceived. Even right at the beginning of the pregnancy, there were differences in ultrasound dating. Throughout my pregnancy and many scans, the "dates" for each baby changed a little - sonographer, machine quality, and fetal cooperation all play a part in accuracy! My perinatologist always told me not to worry about the date fluctuations as long as they were within the standard deviation.

It may just be a rumor, but if EC was using a period tracker program and logging sexual encounters, that could be helpful in determining paternity as you mentioned if a person had a one-night stand.

You most definitely can know you are pregnant at 3 weeks, especially if your cycle is regular. My best friend did and was already experiencing horrible morning sickness. Every woman is different, I suppose, but at 3 weeks your body begins producing the pregnancy hormone HCG, so your pregnancy test may very well test positive. A visual confirmation can be made with a sonogram at 5 weeks.

You most definitely can know you are pregnant at 3 weeks, especially if your cycle is regular. My best friend did and was already experiencing horrible morning sickness. Every woman is different, I suppose, but at 3 weeks your body begins producing the pregnancy hormone HCG, so your pregnancy test may very well test positive. A Visual confirmation can be made with a sonogram at 5 weeks.

You may 'know' that you are 3 wks pregnant, but I don't think you start announcing it, and counting on it to be permanent, at such an early stage. Especially if you have recently had a miscarriage. I think the earlier reports of her being 2 or 3 months along, are probably correct.

IMO, no way would Erin know if she was pregnant at three weeks. If Erin was pregnant she had to be further along. I wish someone would clear this up for us!

She could know she was pregnant at 3 weeks. Totally depends on her cycle and if she has a regular one that's pretty predictable.

Her first OBGYN appt was scheduled the week after she went missing.

I know that my daughter knew she was pregnant very early on. We could NOT find any OBGYN that would even see her until the 12 week. We did find one that would have at 10 weeks. Some insurance companies won't even pay for visits until that point unless it's an emergency. I remember thinking that was so strange compared to when I was pregnant (Dr's wanted you to come right away) but the nurse told me it's done like this at most places now for several reasons.

So let's assume she was seeing the OB the next week. I would expect her to be around 11 weeks when she disappeared. That's if that dr sees them at 12 weeks. So either of the statements made calling her 2 or 3 months pregnant would be close enough. If she was 11 weeks when she disappeared- she would be 2 mths pregnant, but in a week- she would have been 3 mths pregnant.

Goodmorning folks! Reminder we cannot post rumors. I just had to remove several posts that were discussing things that have not been reported. ​No worries I am not getting out the :nurse: just a friendly reminder. Also welcome to all new members!!! :star:

A good reason to tell your husband exactly how pregnant you supposedly are is if you want him to feel certain it is his and not be wondering.

I'm traveling now and can't go back and read everything. Does anyone know when the horse rescue owner was interviewdon video? Was that before or after her statements to the police about what she was told? .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rwiz