GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm quoting from earlier, but they are all out of order, sorry. Excuse me for taking offense, but are you serious? All of this because I said it would be nice to know if NL's car left the base at the same time as CL's? I think you are reading too far into my original comment on this. It was very simple. No reason to belittle me.

I think you're good, Dallen, and I never saw anything you posted that was out of the ordinary for WS. We all (myself included) post comments that we wish LE would disclose things. That's completely expected for people who are inquisitive and want to get the facts in order to figure out the case. Why else would we even be on this site??? lol

It's always bothered me that EC's car was only 2 miles from the base. IF I was ever to have an affair, I don't think I would leave my car only 2 miles from home, it just doesn't sit right with me. That and, if someone is responsible for her demise, why did he/she/they leave it only 2 miles from base?

I think it was left there by CL and was just a "stupid" non-thinking act that he had not thought ahead to. He probably wanted to be out of camera range but within walking distance back to base. Or just panicked and left it there. He should have hidden it to make it appear she just drove away, Imo.

Anyway, as a military wife, I can tell you it is a very difficult lifestyle. Your husband's job is priority, then next comes family, and lastly is everything else. And many wives do not adjust to this lifestyle. When my husband first joined the service, we befriended several couples who ended up not making it to the next duty station because the wife didn't handle the adjustment and her husband being gone, and they divorced. I'm in no way saying her actions were ok, but I do agree with other PPs that maybe she was having a hard time adjusting. Maybe Erin saw this new relationship as an out. She had to have known they were moving back to Alaska soon. Maybe she felt it would be a new beginning.

I have the utmost respect for military wives and husbands, for that matter. I'm a military mom and the first time my son was deployed on his ship I nearly ended up in a mental institution. A bit of an exaggeration but I was completely lost having my 19 year old "baby" in the middle of God knows where and having very little contact with him. He returned after 8 months but got deployed again 6 months later. I did better the second time around but God Bless you military spouses. You have the balls of a pro football team and then some. Thank you for YOUR service and sacrifices.

When I was about Erins age, I was seduced by my boss, an older, charismatic married man. [ Told me he was separated.] I was like 'prey' to a predator. But being 20 I did not understand that at all. I believed his total BS. I did a lot of stupid things that I never thought I would do. I felt like putty in his hands.

I think it is very possible that Erin was manipulated by her neighbor. She probably was overwhelmed by the intensity of feelings that happen under the spell of emotional and sexual attraction. I think he was toying with her. :mad:

BBM: Not to mention the crazy hormones that go along with pregnancy, miscarriage and being a young woman.

Jmo but reading her FB from previous times, she was soooo in love with JC. Such a long way from that to having an affair so soon after moving to his posting with him. Just very sad. I would think the vows were still ringing in her ears by that point. I could not understand why Heather would want to get involved with a married at age twenty. But she was not married. I guess I really don't understand affairs-I get flirting, liking male attention etc...but going beyond that seems so taboo to me. But anyway, that is just and my old-fashioned opinion talking. I guess I just wish the affair never happened as she would likely be safe and safe, as would Heather. Jmo

I think it was left there by CL and was just a "stupid" non-thinking act that he had not thought ahead to. He probably wanted to be out of camera range but within walking distance back to base. Or just panicked and left it there. He should have hidden it to make it appear she just drove away, Imo.

it just seems so deliberate to me; a taunt....revenge.
Against the husband? "I got her!"
Does this connect with anyone?
I just cant shake the notion this is very deliberate.

Quoting Pat Riley it is difficult to "get a grip" on what happened yesterday in Lander Ca . There was an unspecified search that the sherff dept. would not give any information on. see post 349.

I would say yes if he hadn't fled w his wife off the mainland....most criminals make 32 mistakes. His are adding up quickly.

I wish we had more information on the interactions and relationship dynamic between EC, CL, and NL. I think more detail on all three during the past six months would tell a lot about what happened.

I would also like to know details about the relationship between CL and NL. I would also like to know if this was CL's first affair, and whether EC was his only affair during the time they were seeing each other.

I am always fascinated with the "brewing storm" aspect of crimes, I want to know each domino that falls leading to an evil act.

I have the utmost respect for military wives and husbands, for that matter. I'm a military mom and the first time my son was deployed on his ship I nearly ended up in a mental institution. A bit of an exaggeration but I was completely lost having my 19 year old "baby" in the middle of God knows where and having very little contact with him. He returned after 8 months but got deployed again 6 months later. I did better the second time around but God Bless you military spouses. You have the balls of a pro football team and then some. Thank you for YOUR service and sacrifices.
Thank you! My husband actually deploys later this year, but I think having one of my sons deploy would be much harder mentally and emotionally. So thank you to you too!
Btw, The best part of this was my pro football player balls! Lol!!! J/k.

Does anyone have a link for MB being discredited?

If there is a link, I'm not aware of it. It seems as though the statement was nothing more than rumor. However, I could be wrong and definitely wouldn't mind having a link proving otherwise.

I dont believe IM when she says that the Lee's were discussing CSI and cases in general and not Erin specifically. If CL hadnt lied about his R with Erin and changed his story then maybe but nope...IMO LE did very little "twisting" of IMs story

I swear I remember reading that IM said in an interview right after the document was released that she and NL had never talked about Erin's case. So who's twisting their story?

And thank YOU lacabo for raising such a fine young man who serves our country. Thanks to him as well. I think it would be harder on me to have one of my children in the military than it has been for me to serve or as a wife!

And thank YOU lacabo for raising such a fine young man who serves our country. Thanks to him as well. I think it would be harder on me to have one of my children in the military than it has been for me to serve or as a wife!
Agree!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member