GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are correct in the numbers. But for both the North and West coordinates the first numbers he is reading are in DEGREES and the second numbers are DECIMAL.

North 34° 6.44 -- West 115° 46.380

To convert this combo degrees-decimal coordinate, you have to use the MIDDLE converter of the three posted here:
http://www.directionsmag.com/site/latlong-converter/

The one that looks like this:
Degrees: Minutes.M:

The problem with that is Minutes.M run to four decimal places, not two or three.

He's gotta be using DMS and mistaking the apostrophe for a point. like:

North 34°06'44.3 BY West 115°46'38.1 remember he kept switching between 381 and 380 and he forgot the 3 the second time around.

The phrases "We are looking for a crime scene" and "Although suspicious circumstances have existed from the inception of this investigation" don't quite explain the Voluntarily Missing listing, huh? Just because that can't be ruled out, does that keep LE from listing her as Missing-Unknown or Missing-Suspicious Circumstances?

I honestly feel like LE has no idea what is happening in this case. And now Media seem to have just given up.

DarkHorse, I found the scanner traffic. Your translation is off on those GPS coordinates, I believe. The deputy gives that LAT and LONG in a strange "degrees decimal" format. His coordinates translate to 34.107333,-115.77300 in DECIMAL format, which is near Hwy 62 and Gold Crown Rd.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...773,4433m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

Converter here:

So, this is the location of an old looking burned out Toyota truck that the EC search teams first responded to on Monday morning before they found her Corolla. The audio of this initial dispatch begins on the 8:19am audio archive file at about 11:30 running time into the audio. It picks up again at the very end of the file around 27:30 running time and continues to the end of the file.

There is some chatter about it being an old truck that is pretty beat up and may have been there for a while. The teams soon realizes it is not EC's Corolla. Nevertheless, they stay on scene looking for "any of the tire track that match," meaning they already had some idea what type of Corolla tires they were looking for.

As they are out at that scene off Gold Crown Rd, they get the call that the water dept. employee has found the actual car, so they all go running over to Valle Vista and Ranch Rd.

EDIT: I posted this in the scanner forum too.

The problem with that is Minutes.M run to four decimal places, not two or three.

He's gotta be using DMS and mistaking the apostrophe for a point. like:

North 34°06'44.3 BY West 115°46'38.1 remember he kept switching between 381 and 380 and he forgot the 3 the second time around.

You need to go back to the previous audio archive file, the one that begins at 8:19am Pacific Time. He tells the dispatch that he is going to a location south of Hwy 62 at Gold Crown Rd. She asks him to repeat it and again he says Gold Crown Rd.

If you convert his coordinates using Minutes.M it comes back to Hwy 62 and Gold Crown Rd. (a couple decimals deleted from the end is not going to change the location by much).

I have a busybody neighbor that would notice, guaranteed. We live in a basic suburban neighborhood and we've caught this guy just sitting in his front window staring down our house and others nearby before.

I get that. But sitting in your home and noticing things is very different than driving by and noticing them.

Then again, in the middle of nowhere, to a passerby it may appear that a girl is having car trouble, so they slow down to assess the situation and see if there might be something they can do to help. They quickly determine that the red car has come to the rescue, but stay long enough to be certain that the driver of the red car is indeed a helper and not a kidnapper (it is the middle of the desert, after all ...) he sees the two of them talking and seem friendly, so he goes on his way.

But who was driving that red car? I want to know now!

Has anyone found a picture of Erin with her hair pulled back in a ponytail? In a baseball cap? With sunglasses on? The more I study NL's Facebook (particularly post-6/28 activity) and Pinterest (10 weeks pre-6/28 'til now), the more heebie-jeebies set in. For those who've come up empty handed when sleuthing C & N L, and using NL's maiden name, (imo) about all you can get without a background check subscription or a PI is their high school mentions. I've only been able to find what I think is CL's childhood home from the AK property records, which is still owned by his parents. --- what's crazy is CL has a Pinterest account but I didn't sense anything other than he seemed fed up with 29 and the USMC. From NL's Pinterest, you can definitely make your own conclusions of her mental and emotional timeline and make it coincide with all that we think we know.

I've been tearing through Facebook photos and press videos and photos all day trying to find a recent shot I know I saw of the "green Honda" (CL supposedly "borrowed" from IM) parked inside the gates of WRHR. Darn, if I can't find it now but know I took the time to zoom in on it and think, 'okay, that's the car we're talking about where the potato gun was retrieved'. The picture I saw was definitely not and I don't believe could have been mistaken for a shiny, clean, newer model red compact sedan. I believe we are dealing with two separate cars and IM's green compact has nothing to do with what MB claims to have seen, colorblind or not. I hear "red rental car" screaming at me!

I wouldn't put it past the Lee's to bring in a third party. Yes, supposedly NL has her 6/28 alibi by being home with their daughter. CL says he was out hunting that day. NL could have (easily??) imposed on a friend/neighbor to watch the 6/7 yo daughter for an hour while she ran to the store. That would give her enough time to drive her husband to the car rental location, send him on his way to set the scene, then get back home to her daughter. CL "rendezvous" with EC someplace around 8:00am...well enough time for EC to leave home at 7:00am and drive to JTNP :)23), take some photos for her alibi, and then meets CL in or around JT, jumps in his disguise car, and comes to her demise all before 9:30. CL either disposes of evidence in a shallow grave, mine, or keeps it in the red car. CL drives the red car to meet and pick up NL (who's off to the store or yoga again and needs a short-term caregiver), they meet right off base and drive to EC's car, NL retrieves and relocates it to Ranch/Valle, cleans the interior, and waits for CL to pick her up. 10:00- MB notices the blue car. 10:30- MB passes back by and sees NL exiting the blue car and climbing in the red car with her "bag".

CL and NL meet up with the third party who takes the red car and disappears. NL and CL go on with their day, pack, and work on their story to LE. Heck, at this point, it may have been IM that MB saw! She certainly fits the ball cap, ponytail, glasses description. I still feel it was NL, and IM is just being loyal...something she'll regret come trial time. Her phone and camera interviews disgust me and wreak of horse doo-doo.

Wow that's a lot to follow!

How long after Erin left that morning was the eyewitness account of the red car / blue car / woman getting into red car with man?

3-3.5 hrs. From 7:00 to 10:00/10:30 am
Everyone is telling everyone else misinformation. By this time frame above no one was going 2 hours away to do anything. The meeting place was nearby somewhere.LE BELIEVES SOMEWHERE in the park area. It also could be somewhere near the ranch a motel etc. I believe that on the ranch there were reddish colored cars that might have been borrowed.

Everyone is telling everyone else misinformation. By this time frame above no one was going 2 hours away to do anything. The meeting place was nearby somewhere.LE BELIEVES SOMEWHERE in the park area. It also could be somewhere near the ranch a motel etc. I believe that on the ranch there were reddish colored cars that might have been borrowed.

Exactly. So either MB's statements are not correct -OR- CL and Erin did not go 2 hrs away. Heck, maybe even both.

Myself and a reporter in CA contacted the Media, but they aren't interested at this time ! I roll my eyes and shake my head. We have other leads from the area that have been helpful.

I also contacted the media in Alaska and got the same response - not interested. :notgood:

You are correct in the numbers. But for both the North and West coordinates the first numbers he is reading are in DEGREES and the second numbers are DECIMAL.

North 34° 6.44 -- West 115° 46.380

To convert this combo degrees-decimal coordinate, you have to use the MIDDLE converter of the three posted here:

The one that looks like this:
Degrees: Minutes.M:

Um are you guys speaking English here? Just kidding! Too smart for my little pea brain to understand. Glad we have you to help out peeps like me. Thank you!!

Exactly. So either MB's statements are not correct -OR- CL and Erin did not go 2 hrs away. Heck, maybe even both.

Not sure I agree. Erin and Chris could have met up where the car was found about 730 and gone where ever after that. Assuming whatever happened was unplanned that gave them Plenty of time together. The person seen at 10 might not be Erin-it could have been Nicole or someone we don't know about yet.

Maybe we need to think of the timeline for that day given all the speculation and no new facts. So many things could fit. For example:

1. Ec could have gone to Joshua tree to take pictures (thus being seen at 8 by the ranger or whomever) and then gone to meet cl at the meet up point where car found. Between 730 and 10 cl could have gone to rent a red car at enterprise and then driven to meet up with Erin. Then they would have between 10 and 4 to do something together.

2. Assume premeditation. If they met up early and went off together, when did something happen? If pre-meditated would he really have waited all day to do something? If they didn't drive some distance away, cl would have been back way before 4. Do we know when he actually got home? No premeditation (crime of passion) might have happened later in the trip and he could have gotten home later in the day. Meeting up early also means the person seen at car at 10 is not Erin.

3. If they met up later in the morning (10 ) and premeditated then-besides being an idiot for renting the car in his own name-they still could have driven some distance. Still have issues with gaps in time for cl. If not premeditated-why did he rent a car?

Of course they could have. 10:15 + 2hrs = 12:15; 12:15 + 2hrs(to do whatever) = 2:15; 2:15 + 2hrs = 4:15;

Two hours of hunting would sure tire me out... And I'm not a woman.
Nor am I pregnant.

But that's just Erin's perspective. CL would have had at least 24 hours to do whatever, in his mind, he needed to do.

Of course they could have. 10:15 + 2hrs = 12:15; 12:15 + 2hrs(to do whatever) = 2:15; 2:15 + 2hrs = 4:15;

Two hours of hunting would sure tire me out... And I'm not a woman.
Nor am I pregnant.

But that's just Erin's perspective. CL would have had at least 24 hours to do whatever, in his mind, he needed to do.

Adding to this theory, there is possible video of EC entering JTNP 7:15-7:30, and leaving JTNP 9:45-10:15. Also, video of CL entering JTNP after 7:30, but no video of him leaving because he took one of those roads where there are no cameras. He picks Erin up, and they go on their trip. Whatever happens, happens wherever & Erin is left there. CL goes back to JTNP & enters by road with no camera, exits park again around 3:30 by road with the camera.

Yes, the big hole in this is if they have video of EC leaving JTNP, why do they keep searching there?

If LE has nothing to go on, and need a crime scene, I think they are in trouble. The crime scene is probably the wild blue yonder. I only hope they are planning a big sit down when CL comes back in Sept. I'll bet he comes alone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChampagneGrams