GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If LE has nothing to go on, and need a crime scene, I think they are in trouble. The crime scene is probably the wild blue yonder. I only hope they are planning a big sit down when CL comes back in Sept. I'll bet he comes alone!

Not if NL has anything to say about it (and I bet she does!) If she did indeed berate her husband for not being able to keep his lies straight and feels superior to him in her ability to deal with LE I think she would want to be very, very close to him when he comes back to face his charges. Something tells me CL has been kept on a very short leash since late June. MOO.

Sorry to be the voice of dissent, but I could not disagree more. The affair was already public knowledge at the time of it's release. And given the manner in which it was conducted (the specifics of which shall not be mentioned here), it's hard to imagine a less toned down reaction from the public in both quantity and quality.

Regardless, the public needed to know the warrant pc information because

1. Any Chris Lee sightings from that weekend will help the investigation.
2. More people than just the Sheriffs office are involved in the investigation.
3. Given both the data in the warrant and the actions with regard to search locations, it's difficult to imagine a more incompetent Law Enforcement exercise than this abominable search effort. (The public needs to know how bad the case is going)

Why Joshua Tree National Park? Why search in the last place she could ever be?

-She's not going there. She lied to her husband about her itinerary because she's spending the day with her mistress.
-They're not going there, they're going two hours away to a place where hunting is allowed.
-He's not going there, why would a selfish *advertiser censored* spend all day in the sweltering heat and boiling sun when he can just as easily go to a national forest where there's shade, and where the thing you want to hunt will actually come out of hiding?
-A murderer isn't going there, there's thousands of people with ~twice as many watchful eyes. And when she's presumed lost, guess where all the cops are going to show up looking for her? The last place she said she was going.... Duh!

What in the world makes them think they'll find her there still? STILL??

Also, search warrants are made public all the time, sometimes people's behavior is brought to light because of this. Don't blame the public's right to know, because most of the time a warrant is due to that behavior. Such actions often bring shame and sadness to family, spouses and friends. This is why everyone should be cautious of their actions, they do have an impact on other people.

These thoughts are mine and mine alone.

your brilliance continues to dazzle me.

your brilliance continues to dazzle me.

I'm guessing the reason they are still searching JTNP is maybe because the park rangers said they saw them enter at the gate? Otherwise, I don't understand the focus there... just because she said she was going there, maybe that was just her alibi for her husband not to know the truth of where she was really going.

I'm guessing the reason they are still searching JTNP is maybe because the park rangers said they saw them enter at the gate? Otherwise, I don't understand the focus there... just because she said she was going there, maybe that was just her alibi for her husband not to know the truth of where she was really going.

Phone pings? Witness? Jeep tracks? Computer searches? Perp's familiarity with the area? Could be many reasons. Hope LE knows something we don't.

Adding to this theory, there is possible video of EC entering JTNP 7:15-7:30, and leaving JTNP 9:45-10:15. Also, video of CL entering JTNP after 7:30, but no video of him leaving because he took one of those roads where there are no cameras. He picks Erin up, and they go on their trip. Whatever happens, happens wherever & Erin is left there. CL goes back to JTNP & enters by road with no camera, exits park again around 3:30 by road with the camera.

Yes, the big hole in this is if they have video of EC leaving JTNP, why do they keep searching there?

BBM. I'm just speculating here - if they have possible video of EC leaving JTNP, exactly what does that video show? Can they actually see her face to ID her? Or just her car leaving? Could it just be a similar figure driving her car out?

If they're not 100% sure it was her in the car, maybe they are still searching because they're thinking something happened like your scenario above, and she's still out there?

He could have drove out via road with no camera to pick up an accomplice to bring back to drive her car out.

I dunno, for some reason, in all my over-thinking I feel like I am missing something obvious. I think tomorrow I will start back at thread #1 and look again :)

Adding to this theory, there is possible video of EC entering JTNP 7:15-7:30, and leaving JTNP 9:45-10:15. Also, video of CL entering JTNP after 7:30, but no video of him leaving because he took one of those roads where there are no cameras. He picks Erin up, and they go on their trip. Whatever happens, happens wherever & Erin is left there. CL goes back to JTNP & enters by road with no camera, exits park again around 3:30 by road with the camera.

Yes, the big hole in this is if they have video of EC leaving JTNP, why do they keep searching there?

BBM

YES. That is the only theory that makes sense for why LE keeps searching JTNP. I am sure they are aware of the possibility, but if they have video of her entering, and none of her leaving, they have to keep searching, just in case.

Perhaps they have video of EC's car leaving JTNP, but she was not driving...

Picture this:
EC goes to the park early to meet CL. Both CL and EC cars are seen entering the park.

NL is ALREADY in the park, with a red car.

Something happens.

CL drives red car out of park. NL drives EC's car out, which is seen on video.

The 10:30 exchange happens how MB said it happened. CL and NL hurry because they have been seen.

CL and NL drive red car back to the park. They send the red car into a mine.

They leave in the jeep.

They RETURN to EC's car to get some things, because they had hurried before. This explains the jeep tracks.

Then they return home in jeep.

Red car is gone forever.

Not saying this happened, just saying I'm not sure there are holes...

I hope LE is aware that a crime scene is not required, if they have enough circumstantial evidence.

I was told that there is no "red car" in this case and that MB gave a bogus report.

If this is the case, then why hasn't there been a follow-up story done questioning the veracity of the witness statements? I have not seen one MSM source publish an update to this. I especially question why the person who has said this hasn't published this information? One would think that this story, if true, would certainly be important and certainly be an exclusive to this MSM source and keep up the interest in this case? Cynically speaking, it would also generate website hits for them.

BBM

YES. That is the only theory that makes sense for why LE keeps searching JTNP. I am sure they are aware of the possibility, but if they have video of her entering, and none of her leaving, they have to keep searching, just in case.

Is LE still searching JTNP?

Perhaps they have video of EC's car leaving JTNP, but she was not driving...

Picture this:
EC goes to the park early to meet CL. Both CL and EC cars are seen entering the park.

NL is ALREADY in the park, with a red car.

Something happens.

CL drives red car out of park. NL drives EC's car out, which is seen on video.

The 10:30 exchange happens how MB said it happened. CL and NL hurry because they have been seen.

CL and NL drive red car back to the park. They send the red car into a mine.

They leave in the jeep.

They RETURN to EC's car to get some things, because they had hurried before. This explains the jeep tracks.

Then they return home in jeep.

Red car is gone forever.

Not saying this happened, just saying I'm not sure there are holes...

I don't think the "red car", if there was a "red car", disappeared with Erin. I mean...someone (rental car company, friend, acquaintance, etc.) would want their brand new red car back, right? And if it was the perp's own car, wouldn't there be some sort of reporting necessary if your car went missing forever? Police report, report with the DMV, insurance claim, something? MOO LE would have to know about a missing car either borrowed, rented or owned by the perp.

A little off topic. Anyone know of any missing persons in the Joshua Tree side of the JTNP? My parents have a house close about 7 miles from the JTNP entrance, but it's in Joshua Tree, not in 29 Palms. My mom was talking to me on the phone tonight, saying that they saw vultures or maybe eagles circling back in a mountain behind their house.... who knows, I'm sure it could just be a bobcat or coyote they are after, but I told her just to call the police department, just because.

So if we choose to discount the "red car" report then should we also discount the "blue car was moved 100+ feet away" report?
I would say that we should. I've always wondered about how they can notice with certainty that it was moved.

The problem that I have with the red car sighting is that LE seems to be discounting it. No mention of it in the Cause paperwork and no attempt to look for red cars at the base or the ranch. Why would they ignore such an important piece of the puzzle?

And why didn't LE ask her husband and her family anything about anyone driving a red car? The family said they were not told anything about a red car. Why wouldn't LE ask them about it if they were looking for one?

I think the red car was a rabbit hole. jmo :nuts:

A little off topic. Anyone know of any missing persons in the Joshua Tree side of the JTNP? My parents have a house close about 7 miles from the JTNP entrance, but it's in Joshua Tree, not in 29 Palms. My mom was talking to me on the phone tonight, saying that they saw vultures or maybe eagles circling back in a mountain behind their house.... who knows, I'm sure it could just be a bobcat or coyote they are after, but I told her just to call the police department, just because.

I have a little place in that same area of Joshua Tree, about 8 miles up from the park entrance. It is really common for turkey vultures to come around en masse as well as eagles. It's a beautiful sight when the turkey vultures come flying in together like that and they tend to circle around for a while.. LE is fairly tapped out there so I personally would never think to call them for bird sightings. :D

I was told that there is no "red car" in this case and that MB gave a bogus report.

Who told you this? When? Is there anything to back this up? I'd like to see it if there's information stating this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx