GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know MB? Did you ask him whether LE seems to have taken him seriously?

I think LE was a bit embarrassed when MB first gave his interview on TV and they hurried up and re-interviewed him and his sister the next morning. I think, privately, LE does not believe the red car report is related. They have timeline problems with MB and his sister's report. However, LE is not willing to say on the record that they don't believe MB. This is why the media cannot report it, because no one from SBCSD will go on the record and say the MB story is false. In fact, LE is not going on the record and saying anything, which is part of the problem.

Even after they found the Jeep tire tracks, LE said nothing like, "We believe Erin may have been transported in a Jeep Cherokee and we are asking members of the public who may have seen a dark colored Jeep in the desert to give us a call." Nothing like that was put out. Why? Were they afraid of getting too many false leads? Who knows.

I have spoken to MB on his cell phone. He tells me he is not color blind. He believes the woman he saw could have been either NL or EC but he can't be sure either way.

Regarding the search of JTNP. Keep in mind that they have not limited their search to JTNP. They also have searched outlying areas to the east, to the north, and near the base. This tells me the search is not based solely on surveillance video of EC entering the park and not exiting, for example. It may be they only have video of EC leaving the base, we don't know.

However, we do know that LE is searching old, abandoned mines; and not just abandoned mines inside JTNP. This tells me that LE discovered that CL had searched mine locations on his computer. If that is the case, it makes perfect sense that LE would be searching mine locations all over the place, not just inside JTNP, which is exactly what they have been doing.

Okay, back to the drawing board.. Guys, we're making a huge assumption here, that the car had always been red and that it continues to be red right now. I'd assume that during his military training Chris learned about camouflage. What if it was his Jeep all along that was camouflaged to look like a red car? Check these out: http://www.coverking.com/custom-car-covers.html

Scenario:

-Chris buys a red car cover, and modifies it, cutting holes for doors, windows and plates etc.
-He tells Erin he wants to take her hunting. (hunting is about the only thing he can do for this to work)
-He covers up his Jeep and spray-paints the doors red with washable paint.
-Meet-up occurs, Erin asks 'what the hell is going on with your car Chris'
-Chris says "oh, well I wanna do some shooting from the car too, so I camouflaged 'er"
-He continues: "don't want to spook the game with a dark car, you know"
-Erin says "well, okay" (thinking "my boyfriend can be such a nutcase sometimes")
-After he's done with the day's "activities", he drives to another remote location and takes the cover off
-then goes through a carwash a couple times to wash the paint off
-He then hides the car cover in a cabinet in the garage(that the police later neglect to search)
-Heads off to sleep.

O/T Coverking sounds like some kind of Eastern European variation of Twerking doesn't it?

I'm sorry, but I just can't see how that would work. First, I think most people know the point of camo for hunting is to blend in to the background and a red car cover is not going to do that. Erin was from a small town in a hunting state. She would not believe that for a second. Plus, even a pretty decent car cover will barely stay on a parked car in a stiff wind. Really high dollar ones might do better, but no way would any of them stay put while driving around, with large holes cut in it as you described. He might even get pulled over, as I doubt it would be legal to drive around with that going on. Plus, a car cover isn't going to camouflage the shape of a Jeep to look like a much smaller car. Short of having one special made, which would be expensive, I don't think a car cover for a car would even fit on a Jeep. I also don't think you could fool a passerby into thinking a fabric car cover is the shiny finish of a fairly new car. It would have looked so odd MB might not have even noticed the woman getting in the car. :D

Well this company has custom car covers for 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokees, and judging by the sample photo they look pretty decent. Almost passes for a normal car color. At a distance it's not much to think strange of. Your other concerns would depend on the weight of the cover, and he could always buy red duct tape to shape up any loose areas, and stick it to the car better. There are a great many variations on the color red, as the desert is what he'd be trying to match. Solid colored objects are more difficult to figure the size and shape of especially with a similar background. And judging by her taste in men I'd say she's got a PRETTY HIGH TOLERANCE for her beau's stupidity with regard to hunting techniques, among other things. She'd just chalk it up to the nutcase theory.

Screenshot 2014-08-11 18.19.50half.png

Also found this nifty little tidbit of info: http://www.amazon.com/Dupli-Color-CA300-Red-Temporary-Paint/dp/B000FNAEJO

The skeleton detective (in literature) has said many times if there are several unconnected pieces of monkey business they are probably connected and part of the case. I was thinking of the fires at that time that might have been set to clean up a location.

What if the cars are facing the wrong way? Does CA have plates on the both ends or just on the back?

CA requires both front & rear plates. Doesn't mean all people comply, though. If it was an out of state plate, well then a front plate may not be required in that state of registration.

I think LE was a bit embarrassed when MB first gave his interview on TV and they hurried up and re-interviewed him and his sister the next morning. I think, privately, LE does not believe the red car report is related. They have timeline problems with MB and his sister's report. However, LE is not willing to say on the record that they don't believe MB. This is why the media cannot report it, because no one from SBCSD will go on the record and say the MB story is false. In fact, LE is not going on the record and saying anything, which is part of the problem.

Even after they found the Jeep tire tracks, LE said nothing like, "We believe Erin may have been transported in a Jeep Cherokee and we are asking members of the public who may have seen a dark colored Jeep in the desert to give us a call." Nothing like that was put out. Why? Were they afraid of getting too many false leads? Who knows.

I have spoken to MB on his cell phone. He tells me he is not color blind. He believes the woman he saw could have been either NL or EC but he can't be sure either way.

Regarding the search of JTNP. Keep in mind that they have not limited their search to JTNP. They also have searched outlying areas to the east, to the north, and near the base. This tells me the search is not based solely on surveillance video of EC entering the park and not exiting, for example. It may be they only have video of EC leaving the base, we don't know.

However, we do know that LE is searching old, abandoned mines; and not just abandoned mines inside JTNP. This tells me that LE discovered that CL had searched mine locations on his computer. If that is the case, it makes perfect sense that LE would be searching mine locations all over the place, not just inside JTNP, which is exactly what they have been doing.

When you spoke with MB, did you ask him if the 'red car' could possibly have been a red jeep? Like a newer model Jeep Cherokee which almost looks like a 4 door sedan/station wagon type vehicle more than it does the traditional jeep? I'm just curious if the angle at which the red vehicle was parked could have made it appear like a 4 door sedan. Thanks!

Well this company has custom car covers for 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokees, and judging by the sample photo they look pretty decent. Almost passes for a normal car color. At a distance it's not much to think strange of. Your other concerns would depend on the weight of the cover, and he could always buy red duct tape to shape up any loose areas, and stick it to the car better. There are a great many variations on the color red, as the desert is what he'd be trying to match. Solid colored objects are more difficult to figure the size and shape of especially with a similar background. And judging by her taste in men I'd say she's got a PRETTY HIGH TOLERANCE for her beau's stupidity with regard to hunting techniques, among other things. She'd just chalk it up to the nutcase theory.

View attachment 56753

Also found this nifty little tidbit of info: http://www.amazon.com/Dupli-Color-CA300-Red-Temporary-Paint/dp/B000FNAEJO

MB was pretty darn specific about the type of vehicle he saw. He said Kia or Hyundai Accent, a red four door.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f4/2012_Hyundai_Accent_GLS_sedan_--_NHTSA_1.jpg

Totally O/T But Robin Williams has died an from apparent suicide (asphyxiation) :frown:

When you spoke with MB, did you ask him if the 'red car' could possibly have been a red jeep? Like a newer model Jeep Cherokee which almost looks like a 4 door sedan/station wagon type vehicle more than it does the traditional jeep? I'm just curious if the angle at which the red vehicle was parked could have made it appear like a 4 door sedan. Thanks!

Yes, he was sure it was not a Jeep Cherokee.

It is so hard for me to believe she left voluntarily. She was so upset after her recent miscarriage, by all reports. Running off while newly pregnant would not be a good or safe move on her part. I cannot believe she would go off alone, with no money, no belongings, while pregnant with a child she wanted to bring to term.

if she needed to get away from the husband/affair drama she could have called an older sibling or friend back home and gone to crash there for awhile, laying low.

I hope LE is just saying that for cover, while they investigate her possible murder.

Do you know MB? Did you ask him whether LE seems to have taken him seriously?

I don't know him. Just called him. I did not ask him that question.

BTW, just because LE does not take him seriously does not mean his account is false and not related. It is entirely possible that LE has tunnel vision on CL and wanted to disregard any witness sighting of a red car because it did not fit their Jeep tire tracks evidence.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK, I have other questions for you, MB. When did cops - did cops accept your story -- when you said, I think I saw this woman --

MB: Oh, yes.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: You talked to them two days after she vanished, the day that the vehicle was found?

MB: Yeah.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And you told them this whole story?

MB: Oh, yeah. Yeah. That`s why ...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Did they act like they believed you or didn`t believe you?

MB: Oh, no, they believed me. There was nothing to hide out here. I mean they know this. I mean the sheriff`s been out in this area, too.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK, MB, MB, I have another question. They came back today. They came back today. They interviewed you again. Did they ask you the exact same questions?

MB: These were different detectives and they asked me the same type of questions. I said, this is - and what I told them was the same thing I told the sheriff the second day - Monday ...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: MB, OK. Let me ask you - so, they interviewed you again. Would you be willing to take a polygraph?

MB: Oh. Yeah, I would. If I had to - and say the same truth that I`m telling now, the same truth I told on Monday, I`m not going to lie about that --

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/16/ijvm.01.html

O/T That's so strange because the other day I was watching Pacific Heights (I'm on a Michael Keaton kick. So after seeing Batman's 1 and 2 naturally I'll watch the psychokiller version of Keaton next) and the street scene comes up and I was like 'wow this all takes place like three doors down from Mrs. Doubtfire's place.' I love "Mrs. Doubtfire" so much and have seen it so many times that I recognize the Doubtfire house in the background of an eight second scene in a horror-thriller movie shot three years before it was even staged. All the great actors keep dying and we're stuck with Justin Bieber and the likes of Chris Lee? I'm starting to think that hell might BE earth.

I don't see how we can discount MB's statements based on what one person says as a comment on a page. And why would that person even know? Just because MB's observances don't correlate to certain logic does not mean the information should be negated. Maybe someone should try to think outside the box and see how it does relate. Until he's proven wrong, I believe his information must be considered. IMO, FWIW.

I've wondered about this several times before, but I've never found an answer. Was the area checked where MB & his sister both claim to have first seen the Toyota (I assume it would be closer to the road since they both said they believed it had been moved 100 ft away.)

I don't discount anything or believe Le does either, simply due to the overall silence in this case. We have to remember Le has said almost nothing and that everything we do know came via media from a leak. We would really have nothing to discuss if that had not happened. Jmo

I don't discount anything or believe Le does either, simply due to the overall silence in this case. We have to remember Le has said almost nothing and that everything we do know came via media from a leak. We would really have nothing to discuss if that had not happened. Jmo

Well, there really was no "leak." The media outlets got the search warrant from the court by going to the court clerk's window. One of the homicide detectives simply forgot to seal the affidavit in one of the search warrants.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/26134550/...ng-for-one-month-horse-ranch-owner-speaks-out

"Following the release on July 21 of the probable cause affidavit in search warrant #2014-119, detectives returned to the Joshua Tree courthouse and asked a judge to seal the entire search warrant from public view.
San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department homicide Sgt. Trevis Newport told CBS News 8 that all warrants in the case were supposed to be sealed from the beginning.

A detective had made a mistake on July 4 in not asking the judge to seal warrant #2014-119, Newport said."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member