GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously, what I'm about to say would only apply to someone in IM's situation. For anyone in NL's situation, I would certainly understand and expect a lack of concern about EC's fate - whether she was guilty of anything or not. She is the injured party and has a right to some callous disregard, in my view.

Call me old fashioned, but I believe in honor and I deeply disapprove of infidelity, period. But, if I were in IM's shoes, I think whether the missing person is a friend/acquaintance or a stranger would make a big difference in how I would react. Either way, I would obviously feel outraged that my friend had been cheated on. But how does one genuinely not care that someone you know is missing and/or dead? I just can't understand that. And, based on her actions and words, IM does not seem to care.

Being frank, I would probably feel that my missing friend/acquaintance contributed to whatever befell her through her dishonorable actions. The unnecessary tragedy of it would make me angry and sad for everyone involved. And, after what we see on here, I would also probably be a little worried that my friend was involved in her disappearance. But, I certainly hope and believe that I value life enough to genuinely hope that a person I know is found - no matter what. And that I could find more to say about her than "she was gentle with her horse".

This is the situation IM finds herself in. She is obviously not a cold or unfeeling person. She is fond of the Lees and she loves the horses. And she "loved" the stupid ceramic donkey enough to post about it's "killing". So, regardless of the affair, I find her obvious lack of concern about EC to be odd. Very odd indeed.

BBM

Exactly!!! I have a distant connection to a well-known unsolved case (missing, then found murdered), and have met a main suspect and some other key people a few times (someone I'm close to used to be extremely close to this suspect) and I'm still in shock...though I never even met the murdered!! Without saying more about the details - other than I'm about 95% convinced this suspect is innocent - I find the case shocking and disturbing because of the remote "connection" and my heart breaks for the loss of life. It's more than just an unsolved crime; it's an unsolved crime that affects my psyche somehow because I feel a connection.

It's different than people I have known who have died naturally or in accidents, or even the high school acquaintance who was later murdered by her stepfather. I don't know how else to describe it, but it's a far cry from "not caring." I can't understand that either...ESPECIALLY if it were someone I saw on a regular basis!

Jmo I M hoping LE will be ready with charges when CL returns to appear in September (that is when he is due?) i doubt anything will happen sooner, unless Erin is found.

Imo clearly with this new search, LE does not really believe she took off, if they are taking part. Or is a family search?

I personally think Mr. Garcia has a good idea to look closer to the Horse Ranch. I think his contributions to the case will prove useful. We shall see what the weekend brings....

This search by combinedLE agencies has a good chance of finding Erin. I admire Bill Garcia the classic PI just him against evil(I did not see a search dog in the video} but like most PI efforts probably will not succeed. But God bless all the searchers .

What if it's Jonathan or his family finally doing something? Isn't it strange that they would omit them from that statement?

I dont necessarily think so. Im sure the young marine husband has conflicting emotions. On one hand he must have loved his wife, but on the other hand who wouldnt be upset to have been betrayed? I'm sure he is in a tremendous amount of anguish, and would prefer to avoid the limelight. Who wouldn't?

I'm glad to hear there is this big push this weekend to find Erin. But I wonder, after the big push is over, will they continue to look for her if she isn't found this weekend?

I still imagine that some day, some hiker, biker, hunter, explorer will come upon what they will first think is a mannequin laying in the middle of the desert (because when someone sees a dead body, they first always think it's a mannequin because mannequins are so prevalent and just always lying around everywhere in ditches, ravines, lakes, rivers, under bridges, etc.), then will realize it's a dead body and rush to call the police and that's how Erin Corwin will be found. Not by any organized search, reward being offered, private investigator or any other means usually tried.

Question: How many of you see mannequins along roadsides or out when you are hiking or camping? Just asking cuz every case I see on TV (Investigation Discovery, etc.) the person who finds the body always says they thought it was a mannequin.

I was on an 8 hour road trip, then another 4 hour road trip and not once did I see a mannequin on the side of the road or in a ditch or anyplace.

While waiting for news of Erin's whereabouts from this weekend's renewed search efforts, I thought I would post this link to MSM source that indicates JC decided on his own not to speak to the public/media about Erin's disappearance. Just something some posters were wondering about several threads back, and some posted they assumed his silence was because his Marine commander ordered him not to talk to the public/media, but this would indicate it was his own choice. Totally understood, his choice, etc., but here is what the article says at the link below:

"Authorities have given no indication Corwin’s husband, Cpl. Jonathan Corwin, is a suspect in her disappearance.

According to the Marine Corps, Jonathan Corwin is spending time with his family and is allowing investigators to do their jobs without disrupting the investigation.

“What I can tell you at this time is that on June 30th, Cpl. Corwin’s command informed him of his right to speak with the media and placed him in a duty status that would give him time off for the next 30 days,” Marine Lt. Col. Stewart Upton said via email. “Media outlets requested to interview Cpl. Corwin via the Public Affairs officer at Marine Corps Base Twenty-Nine Palms, and Cpl. Corwin declined those requests.""

http://www.sbsun.com/general-news/20140722/disappearance-of-marines-pregnant-wife-taking-new-twists-turns

Any way you cut it, there is something VERY disturbing about this statement.

This search by combinedLE agencies has a good chance of finding Erin. I admire Bill Garcia the classic PI just him against evil(I did not see a search dog in the video} but like most PI efforts probably will not succeed. But God bless all the searchers .

........I hope someone checks the second property, southeast at deer/tanager/cherokee/flamingo.

I dont necessarily think so. Im sure the young marine husband has conflicting emotions. On one hand he must have loved his wife, but on the other hand who wouldnt be upset to have been betrayed? I'm sure he is in a tremendous amount of anguish, and would prefer to avoid the limelight. Who wouldn't?

I honestly don't know how I would handle it if I were in his shoes. Especially since all the salacious truth has come out about his wife and I'm sure it's an embarrassment to him. To do anything puts him in the limelight and will open him up to some very personal questions that he won't want to answer, at the same time, she's his wife and he is probably worried about her or fears that she's dead somewhere and he'd like to know for sure.

I think he's doing the best he can with this. Stay out of the spotlight, keep his head low and hope this will all work itself out. IMO.

I'm glad to hear there is this big push this weekend to find Erin. But I wonder, after the big push is over, will they continue to look for her if she isn't found this weekend?

I still imagine that some day, some hiker, biker, hunter, explorer will come upon what they will first think is a mannequin laying in the middle of the desert (because when someone sees a dead body, they first always think it's a mannequin because mannequins are so prevalent and just always lying around everywhere in ditches, ravines, lakes, rivers, under bridges, etc.), then will realize it's a dead body and rush to call the police and that's how Erin Corwin will be found. Not by any organized search, reward being offered, private investigator or any other means usually tried.

Question: How many of you see mannequins along roadsides or out when you are hiking or camping? Just asking cuz every case I see on TV (Investigation Discovery, etc.) the person who finds the body always says they thought it was a mannequin.

I was on an 8 hour road trip, then another 4 hour road trip and not once did I see a mannequin on the side of the road or in a ditch or anyplace.

I always marvel at that too...everyone says they thought it was a mannequin. I have never seen except in a store window...

I always marvel at that too...everyone says they thought it was a mannequin. I have never seen except in a store window...

LOL On my last 8 hour trip, I kept telling my husband that's what I was doing, was looking to see how many mannequins were around on that long hot drive. He cracked up every time I told him I was still looking because there HAS to be some since everyone thinks they see one when a dead body is dumped.

I don't see what harm this Garica guy can do to the case if he's not interfering with the police/family search. I think it's worth a shot if he's willing.

I also don't hold much hope in the Lee's showing up back in CA for the hearing. I'm willing to bet CL is a no-show. He's probably buying property in a remote area of Alaska as we speak and planning to live off the grid if he hasn't already.

but even though CL got his honorable discharge and is out of twentynine palms, back to his hometown in Alaska, doesn't he still have to serve as reserves for 2 years, therefore, he is still in the military? does anyone know if he is a reservist now? if so, wouldn't the marines be questioning him on at least,, the adultery claims? I hope he is doing reserve duty,, more questioning for him by the marines, at least.

(Snipped for space/BBM)

That is exactly what I am afraid of. I hope this isn't their last hurrah before calling off the search indefinitely unless they receive new information.

Today is a good day to bring Erin home. Will be thinking about the searchers this weekend and checking for updates. Where are you, Erin?

:notgood: imho

isn't that Bill Garcia the one that was involved , at some point, with Amber Dubois case too?

ugh

Bingo!

He's never met a case he hasn't wanted to insert himself into...regardless of how the people involved feel.

And yes, one of the many instances of his alienating key people was Amber's disappearance.

Just a few weeks ago we had another local SD young woman go missing (by choice). She let police know she was ok - by phone - and then met with them in person to prove she was ok when family didn't believe police had really been sure that she was ok, not being forced to say it.

Police then DID meet with her in person, confirmed she was absolutely fine and absolutely gone by her own decision and had no desire to have contact with family members.

So then Bill Garcia inserted himself into it all and kept insisting she wasn't really safe, kept trying to get things happening, etc.

As I said in that other thread:

He's alienated many of the very people who hired him at one point or another. In many cases for basically just going out and speaking for them, even if he's doing so entirely out of turn (post-working for them, while working for them but not saying what they even think or believe or speaking without permission, and a host of other things)

And a key quote regarding Amber's case - note the very last underlined sentence as it's identical to what is the case here:

The parents of Escondido teenager Amber Dubois say they are angry about misinformation being spread by a private investigator the family hired shortly after Amber disappeared in February 2009.

<snip>

“Carrie is livid that he is going out and speaking on behalf of the family,” Dubois said. “We haven’t talked to him

In most cases of missing people, the public is asked for any information they might have, anything they might have seen. Big searches with volunteers are put together. This has been the weirdest, most disgusting case I've seen, in that no one's help is apparently wanted, by the family, the law enforcement, or anyone else. I don't get it. If that were my child, I would be so happy for anyone to try to help. I don't know if it is because of her alleged infidelity, or that people just want the case to go away, or that they don't want the perpetrator brought to justice, but the lack of welcome for help has made this case really disheartening.

but even though CL got his honorable discharge and is out of twentynine palms, back to his hometown in Alaska, doesn't he still have to serve as reserves for 2 years, therefore, he is still in the military? does anyone know if he is a reservist now? if so, wouldn't the marines be questioning him on at least,, the adultery claims? I hope he is doing reserve duty,, more questioning for him by the marines, at least.

Yes, he has to make the military aware of any change of address while he serves in the Marine IRR. I would think being a deserter from the Marines would be pretty tough to pull off- esp with a wife, daughter and two horses.

In most cases of missing people, the public is asked for any information they might have, anything they might have seen. Big searches with volunteers are put together. This has been the weirdest, most disgusting case I've seen, in that no one's help is apparently wanted, by the family, the law enforcement, or anyone else. I don't get it. If that were my child, I would be so happy for anyone to try to help. I don't know if it is because of her alleged infidelity, or that people just want the case to go away, or that they don't want the perpetrator brought to justice, but the lack of welcome for help has made this case really disheartening.

After just following along for a couple of days, I have to completely agree with you on this. Something that I've been wondering for awhile is why some of these well-known people like Klaas or Walsh or Texas Equusearch have not been asked to get involved. If nothing else, their names alone would keep this case in the public eye & put pressure on the case to be solved. If it's money, then a plea to the public should be expressed. I can't help it, but if Erin was my child, I would be so visible in this case that her name would be known in every household. I've mentioned it to many people who have never heard of it, and I find that extremely sad. It needs more publicity, and just because the majority of us don't live near the area, it doesn't mean we can't help in some way.

(Snipped for space/BBM)

That is exactly what I am afraid of. I hope this isn't their last hurrah before calling off the search indefinitely unless they receive new information.

Today is a good day to bring Erin home. Will be thinking about the searchers this weekend and checking for updates. Where are you, Erin?

The way they worded it "big push" made me think that it's their last big effort to try to locate her before they go on to other things. I hope not, but it's the feeling I got when I read it.

You are right, it's a good weekend for Erin to come home, wherever she is. I pray her family gets some answers.

That makes me wonder what they know that we don't. As you said, this case has been handled differently than most MP cases and I have to ask why? They know something that is leading them to conducting this investigation and search for her the way they are. I wonder what it is and if we'll ever find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop