GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all-just getting caught up on things-and sorry again about the wrong post in scanner thread ( I didn't read carefully enough what folks were looking for). Regarding the red car and the potential 3 hour gap of time(from 7-10 when witnesses said they saw people ard Erin's car)-I still think it was jc and nl in a red car. Descriptions match them both perfectly. If they compared notes (either at party or by chance at the apt complex that morning) and realized both spouses were gone for same pd of time to same place, they could very well have gone out together to look/confront them and stumbled across Erin's car. Nicole goes to look in passenger side window and that's what witness sees (believe witness said person was walking from passenger side of car). She gets back in car with jc and off they go. Of course-this is if he's not on duty as has been rumored (but it's also been rumored that he wasn't or that he was not fully accounted for). Not sure why jc would not have gotten out. Or it's NL with a friend (eg from horse ranch since there was a red car there). I don't think he saw Erin at 10.

Who in this case has a red car, do we know? IM???

Jc would have had a second car key so if she was with him that would explain her being able to enter the car. Maybe they started to move it so Erin would HAVE TO come home with CL and started to drive car away but then thought better if it in case maybe they were wrong? Maybe they moved it to mess with her?

^ I like this theory, and can you imagine what Erin's reaction would have been? Wow.

Is it possible that Erin met CL in another location and NL drove the car to the JT location as a red herring so LE would look for her there? IOW, do we know that the car had been sitting there all day?

I just reviewed MB full interview with the press. I think this gentleman in totally legit. He stated the woman got out of the blue car, walked around to check the passenger side, and then walked over and got in the red vehicle. I have some ideas what may have been happening here but need more review of notes, will post later. He described a short woman w/ dark ball cap, sunglasses. sandy blonde hair and a ponytail. The red car was running and possibly in gear. Driver was described as short /w short hair. The two people were in a conversation in the red car after the woman entered. There are a few possibilities here but for me things are now adding up. Further thought and research is needed and will post as I draw conclusions. If anyone has ideas, please post. Fifty + heads are better than one. Folks, we are on to something with the time line and the other vehicle and need to push issue. As I said before these two items (possible red car and time line) are critical to what happened and to where EC in located! Thanks all.

walking around to check the passenger side is something a person VERY familiar with a car usually does not do....wasn't Erin's car a 2011 model? I know all 2011 Toyota's have Auto-locking doors as standard ...so that seals it for me that it was NOT Erin who was seen at the car.
http://www.cars.com/toyota/camry/2011/specifications/?acode=USC10TOC021A0 Heck even 2008 models have power locking doors :)

I just reviewed MB full interview with the press. I think this gentleman in totally legit. He stated the woman got out of the blue car, walked around to check the passenger side, and then walked over and got in the red vehicle. I have some ideas what may have been happening here but need more review of notes, will post later. He described a short woman w/ dark ball cap, sunglasses. sandy blonde hair and a ponytail. The red car was running and possibly in gear. Driver was described as short /w short hair. The two people were in a conversation in the red car after the woman entered. There are a few possibilities here but for me things are now adding up. Further thought and research is needed and will post as I draw conclusions. If anyone has ideas, please post. Fifty + heads are better than one. Folks, we are on to something with the time line and the other vehicle and need to push issue. As I said before these two items (possible red car and time line) are critical to what happened and to where EC in located! Thanks all.

BBM Great post. Below is some info I posted on page 5 of thread #6 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Palms-28-June-2014-6&p=10783313#post10783313) in regards to your statement about MB seeing the female walk around to the passenger side of the blue car....

This is the post referenced above:

I have read this a few times on these threads and didn't remember it so I went and listened to the MB interviews again. In the Jane Velez-Mitchell interview he states several times that she exited her vehicle and got into the passenger side of his car, nothing about going around to her passenger side. I believe the idea that she went to her passenger side is coming from his wording in the below interview. I don't believe what MB was saying was that she went to HER passenger side. I believe MB is saying she went to passenger side of the red car and maybe locked her car with the remote.

This is what he said (link below, at approx. 15 seconds in) :

"I seen a girl get out of the car, you know she had a little ball cap on, looks like some glasses, a little pony tail. I seen her get out of the car. She actually got to the passenger side, maybe did something, maybe locked her door or something, and, ah, what was a red car looks like a little Kia or Honda Accent, it was red, 4 door, umm, it was a short guy driving, didn't have much hair, but it was a short guy driving. Like I said, I seen her willingly get into the car...."

"Bonus Video" here:
http://crime.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi=1...man-in-red-car

I could be wrong but that is how I took it.

If JC moved the car or was at the car at all then he would have known where the car was and would have been able to tell LE where it was when he first reported her missing. Since we know he didn't tell LE where the car was, he either 1.) wasn't the one who moved the car or was witnessed at the car, or 2.) lied to LE. If he lied to LE then we have both CL & JC lying to LE.

According to Erins family social media page LE is searching for her this weekend. The family in Oak Ridge is doing fund raisers to provide a reward.

I am also giggling. When I moved to Quebec, (our French-speaking province of Canada), I needed to make an appointment with a notary (lawyer). The receptionist stated he was currently on a rendezvous, and couldn't speak to me, but would I like to set up a rendezvous? I thought to myself, how would I know, I haven't met him?
I take it that means a meeting. :)

Rendezvous is an English bastardisation of a french imperative phrase "Rendez Vous!" meaning "bring yourselves!". What a frenchman would usually say after declaring they're having an impromptu party tomorrow. In english you'd say something like: Were having a "Barbeque Saturday. Stop by!". Or "Be there or be square!"

It's original "english" meaning once transmuted to a single word, was a meetup at a specified location and time. But as so often happens with languages, words take on new meanings over time. This word is in transition. Now, for most people it has romantic connotations.

The same thing happened with the word "date". Date meant the same thing, an agreed amount of time any two people would spend together for any purpose. Now it's all romantic, however there are still a few people who say "it's a date" in a non-romantic context.

Quebec is another story. They don't speak real Parisienne French. It's more like the Canadian version of Creole. So they take most of the language from Paris, but they chop it up and add several hundred English(including the now anglicized "rendezvous") and native words to make it more "interesting". Someone from France comes here to Canada and they won't know what the hell they're talkin' about here. The real funny part is that the Quebecers are completely clueless to this. So the Paris guy asks them "what is that drivel you're spewing" they go like "What are you talking about, it's French". Oh la la la, ça n'est pas français, incroyable

Back to rendezvous, I'm pretty sure they also use it in the Airforce. When they talk about splitting up a formation of jets there's usually a rendezvous, a point where they come together again to continue the mission. Right??

MB said the GUY had sandy brown hair. The girl did not have sandy blonde hair.

walking around to check the passenger side is something a person VERY familiar with a car usually does not do....wasn't Erin's car a 2011 model? I know all 2011 Toyota's have Auto-locking doors as standard ...so that seals it for me that it was NOT Erin who was seen at the car.
http://www.cars.com/toyota/camry/2011/specifications/?acode=USC10TOC021A0 Heck even 2008 models have power locking doors :)

That's actually one of the reasons I had originally thought it wasn't #2 in the red car. I supposed, at that time, that she might have tried to make sure the door was UNLOCKED in case things turned bad and she had to escape from the situation quickly, using her own vehicle. As if maybe it was TAF in the red car. But now I think it's possible she had to get a purse or a cell phone that was out of reach from the driver's side. Who knows.

1 in 20 men are color-impaired. Someone is out there thinking green cars are red cars, why couldn't it be MB, Just Saying. IM has a green 4 door car(adding: That the Lee's had been known to borrow), MOO

MB said the GUY had sandy brown hair. The girl did not have sandy blonde hair.

He referred to both of them that way in the CBS8 bonus interview:

MB: She was a short girl. She had sandy blonde hair with a little ponytail. It came out the back side of her hat and she had some glasses on. It was a Sun...it was a Saturday morning, you know. Nothing suspicious looking but she did have a ball cap on.

And then his description of the guy:

Reporter: ...was he wearing a hat?

MB: No he was not wearing hat. He looked like a, like, I want to say light color hair, from a far, there wasn't sun or blocking my view, I got good eyes. Like I said it wasn't very, from here to the yellow bridge over there, it wasn't very far. Uhm...again, it did look like, it looked like a short guy with sandy, with light colored hair. He wasn't a big heavy duty buff Marine that's for sure. He was a little guy, you know.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/26028006/...arine-wife-had-rendezvous-with-man-in-red-car

I have some of the same thoughts. Just wondering though if LE might have told her not to speak/post about EC and she complied until the search warrant went public and then she felt that she had to speak out and therefor did so? There has been unsubstantiated rumor that LE has asked other people who had information on the case not to speak to anyone about it. Maybe IM was trying to comply to LE's request of her by not making any mention of EC on her website and FB page? Just a thought.

I understand that possibility..... however, from day one to NOT even acknowledge the fact that a volunteer from your ranch has gone missing and if anyone thinks they may know anything please call *advertiser censored*-*advertiser censored*-xxxx ...I can't see LE having a problem with that....smells to me still...somethings off!

If you don't have a link that indicates LE is looking at IM as a POI/suspect, she is not discussable. Let her be.

Salem

Don't want to get anyone's hopes up, I think I learned my lesson last night. But to the poster who thought it might be Mojave: The sheriff's department found a "burned out" Toyota, about two thirds of the way to Mojave preserve from 29. They found it at a spot north of the National Trails Highway and southwest of the Clipper mountains wilderness area.
Google Maps search: " 34.64435, -115.46381 "
It was found about half an hour before they found Erin's Toyota on Monday.

Don't want to get anyone's hopes up, I think I learned my lesson last night. But to the poster who thought it might be Mojave: The sheriff's department found a "burned out" Toyota, about two thirds of the way to Mojave preserve from 29. They found it at a spot north of the National Trails Highway and southwest of the Clipper mountains wilderness area.

Wow. I am really lost. I don't understand this post at all.

That's what I get for following 3 cases at once ..... I'm not *fully* invested in any that way! :/

What a find, DarkHorse!!! Is there any way we can find out more about this car, like the color and how recently it was burned?

This sparked a memory from a few years ago when my husband took me out somewhere near Johnson Valley (I think) to look at some old hieroglyphics. We then did some off-roading in the area, on one trail we saw a burned vehicle. I kept wondering if we should report it, but the fire was clearly over and there wasn't any danger, so we just kept driving. We just assumed it was someone getting rid of an old car and never thought it could be associated with any criminal activity. After this case, I will call ANY time I see something weird like that!

When I first read his description of events I assumed this all happened in front of his house but in the interview I noticed the interviewer said he was passing by when he noticed all this .I am wondering how was he passing by?Was he in a vehicle or was he walking?

Sigh. No arrests. It's funny when LE agencies and organizations often openly ridicule the public for being too 'CSI-like' when it comes to evidence expectations, yet won't pull the trigger themselves on an obviously strong circumstantial case. Me thinks they doth protest too much.

O/T for the ol' timers...today is Caylee's birthday. Join the old timers to light a candle at http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?217552-Light-a-Candle-by-Your-Computer-Tonight-3/page9

eqy4azyv.jpg

When I first read his description of events I assumed this all happened in front of his house but in the interview I noticed the interviewer said he was passing by when he noticed all this .I am wondering how was he passing by?Was he in a vehicle or was he walking?

He was in a vehicle going to the store to get balloons.

I was headed up town to get some balloons for a party and and I had went and seen a blue car out there off the side of Valley Vista and seen a girl get out the car.

MB: He was in motion when I passed, when I finally passed him up because I looked (looks off to his right)...'okay so they broke down, oh no, okay, she's getting in the car, oh, okay, she must have got stuck, ran out of gas, whatever' kind of thing, simple but when I came back about 1/2 hour later, just the car was sitting there, next thing I hear, the weekend goes by and Monday morning the sherriffs are there looking for this girl cause she ain't home yet and you know, I ah, ah, I just report with the sherriff's office and show what I see

From the CBS8 Bonus interview

http://www.cbs8.com/story/26028006/...arine-wife-had-rendezvous-with-man-in-red-car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en