GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The calif power grid is experiencing problems. Power just came back on here in the baldwin hills. Outages are predicted into tomorrow.

Thanks for all the great investigative work everyone is doing! la2cabo, 77DarkHorse7, and maskedwoman are making me feel like a slacker! lol

Everyone - please take note - Websleuths does not condone contacting case players, witnesses or LE (unless it is a real tip). If you do, please be aware that you cannot post the information here and you may not discuss information that someone else has obtained in this manner.

Thanks,

Salem

Yes I know there's probably zero chance this could be EC, but please humor me here. :)

Over on "The Unidentified" threads here on WS, I was just reading about a jawbone found in the middle of a trail on the west side of Cuneo Creek Horse Camp in Humboldt Redwoods State Park (I admit it was the "Horse Camp" that made me do a double take).

I do realize this is nowhere near Twentynine Palms, but might be feasible if someone was driving up to Alaska and dumped something (someone?) on the way.

'The jawbone was in the middle of a trail on the west side of the Cuneo Creek Horse Camp, an equestrian site in Humboldt Redwoods State Park just off of Bull Creek Road'

Warning graphic photo in article:
http://www.northcoastjournal.com/Bl...remains-found-in-humboldt-redwoods-state-park

OP's linked article mentions the teeth are remarkably straight and white, with no dental work, so could be from a child or young adult. But another poster mentions that the wisdom teeth are fully erupted though, so might not be a child?

Again, I do realize there would be an infinitesimal chance this could be her. But - does anyone know anything about EC's teeth? In every picture I've looked at again tonight she has her lips together.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...hild-s-jawbone-Redwoods-State-Prk-Aug-10-2014

I don't think he dumped her on the way back to Alaska. I doubt he could have kept her hidden away that long, while LE was already looking for her and getting warrants for searching his things/vehicles/properties. jmo

Is there any possible way that CL was telling the truth (the second time around, I guess) and he only kissed Erin but there was no affair? Could she have been going to meet someone else that she was really having an affair with? Someone who had access to a red car and a jeep? Possibly someone with a few failed relationships, a few kids already that he doesn't see much of, maybe he has a bit of a violent past. (??)

MB didn't state that she walked around to HER passenger side. He stated that she got out of her car and walked to HIS passenger side and got into the car after (possibly) locking her door.

[snipped by me]

MB didn't state that she walked around to HER passenger side. He stated that she got out of her car and walked to HIS passenger side and got into the car after (possibly) locking her door.

I can, however, confirm that my personal review of MSM indicated she walked over to HER passenger side. And haven't heard anything at all to disprove that is what he told them.

Is there any possible way that CL was telling the truth (the second time around, I guess) and he only kissed Erin but there was no affair? Could she have been going to meet someone else that she was really having an affair with? Someone who had access to a red car and a jeep? Possibly someone with a few failed relationships, a few kids already that he doesn't see much of, maybe he has a bit of a violent past. (??)

Uh nope. There was more than one outside person who confirmed the affair. The chain of events that led to Nichole finding out the first time around has been discussed at length. But are you thinking about anyone in particular?

Technically if MB is in fact discredited we really dont know he/she footprints or if correct size prints matching any key players thus far since LE wont disclose it! Im still undecided on MB/red car. LE could have yold news unreliable to shut it down/fear of harming case but at the same time lees could have lawyered up, lawyer hired MB and JB to contact news outlets as witnesses with a soul purpose to put holes into suspected scenario,i.e. voluntarily missing because witness says he saw her voluntarily gst in var with another man QUOTE=77DarkHorse7;10852373]I can, however, confirm that my personal review of MSM indicated she walked over to HER passenger side. And haven't heard anything at all to disprove that is what he told them.[/QUOTE]

Eta:As I'm sure others have mention, the older marine had a lot to lose. If there was a baby and it was proven to be his, which would be easy to do, he could be court martialed for having an affair.

Could he, in fact, be court-martialed for having an affair since EC is a civilian? Also, would his rank come in to play?

I can, however, confirm that my personal review of MSM indicated she walked over to HER passenger side. And haven't heard anything at all to disprove that is what he told them.

All I can go off of is MSM. I have posted the transcript from his interview several times. I take it as stating she exited her car, walked to the passenger side of his car, locked her car, and got in his car. Can you post where in MSM you read/heard him state that she walked around to HER passenger side after exiting the blue car?

Could he, in fact, be court-martialed for having an affair since EC is a civilian? Also, would his rank come in to play?

Yes. absolutely. HE is married. SHE is married. Even if he was single, if he was having an affair with a married woman, it's punishable by the UCMJ.

Rank doesn't necessarily play into it but could/has in some cases.

I guess anything is possible, but is it very probable? In my opinion, based on what we already know, I don't think it's very likely there was another man other than CL. I think at the very least the friend in TN would have known about it. Also, and this is just my opinion based on what little I know of EC, she doesn't seem like the type of person to run around having affair after affair. Since the affair seemed to be common knowledge on base as well as EC telling her TN friend about it, I'm relatively confident this is the one and only time she strayed from her very short marriage. If she was a little older and perhaps had been married longer then I might be inclined to think differently but for now I think CL was the only mistake, albeit a HUGE one.

Yes. absolutely. HE is married. SHE is married. Even if he was single, if he was having an affair with a married woman, it's punishable by the UCMJ.

Rank doesn't necessarily play into it but could/has in some cases.

Thank you. I did not know this. The reason I asked about rank is because the very little I read about Court-Martials mentioned officers and midshipmen.

A little off topic but if anyone is interested I found an article that explains more about the crime of adultery in the military. It's some interesting reading.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/justicelawlegislation/a/adultery.htm

Does anyone know if there is a way to find out when and where EC & JC purchased their blue Toyota?

I suppose anything is technically possible, but I don't think so. Why lie to her friend via text, all the way back in Tennessee, about who she was going to meet and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop