GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope that young women think twice before getting involved with a married man. Erin and Heather E. Lost their lives because of extra-marital affairs. So very sad. Emotions run wild .

People can be very good liars, and unfortunately young women can be very naive. My ex managed to convince a woman 10 yrs younger than him that even though I was pregnant with our 4th child that our marriage was over, when in reality I had no clue the thought had ever crossed his mind. However, once I found out about her it wasn't long til his lie became the truth because our marriage was most definitely over.

I know this opinion is not going to be popular, but I am inclined to agree with this concern. I can't think of any situation in which I am comfortable with the police outright lying to the public (if that is what happened--perhaps they really didn't have enough information at that time). A simple "we are not releasing any further details of this investigation" is the appropriate response. That said, I do want to give them the benefit of the doubt--they may truly have not had enough concrete evidence yet to rule out "voluntary" disappearance even though they THOUGHT it wasn't.

Ordinarily I'd say no, but I wouldn't put it past this department. Remember these are the guys who sent out a press release stating "there are no suspects or 'persons of interest' identified." two weeks after their prime suspect was so well "identified" they managed to get search warrants on three properties and four vehicles he had access to. 'Can you just imagine the questions and the jurors eyes upon hearing that they were lying on purpose to protect the investigation?'

From the video: http://www.kmir.com/category/277966/video?clipId=10487270&autostart=true
Forgive me here, quoting:
Reporter: " Just a few minutes ago an SBCO investigator was here asking some wrap-up questions with owner IM..."

IM: (when asked about first hearing the news of finding her body and CLs arrest) "utterly speechless and in shock...closure, Do you know whats it's like not to have someone? And now she will have her back, even if it's in closure...which all of us deserve"

Reporter: "now that she knows for sure Erin will not be back to care for Cassie...she (IM) hopes that someone steps up and adopts that horse.."

Didn't IM say in one of those interviews that Erin had given up the horse because she couldn't take it on the base? So, she wouldn't have been holding the horse for Erin anyway, right?

Given her comments about not arresting someone w/out a body being found gives me hope that while I'm sure they discussed their 'stories' in a 'just in case' type of way, I suspect they may both have thought that news would come out about Erin being found before an arrest would take place, figuring they could go over the 'story' again or rehearse it again prior to an arrest.

With him being arrested before news of her being found came out - heck, even downstairs while it was apparent something was happening that appeared related to the case, we now know that she'd already been found the day before. So even if they'd been following along on a scanner or were members here and in the basement, it'd have been too late to go over a plan.

So unless they really had fine-tuned any story or timeline or whatever, and went over it frequently, I'd not be surprised if they may get tangled up now with him arrested, her named a "person of interest," and Erin being found.
Police tend to do that so the suspect doesn't flee. They caught Scott Peterson getting ready to flee the border to Mexico (after stopping for one last round of golf in San Diego) around the same time Laci Peterson's body was discovered.

Every time I look at his picture, I keep asking "why?!?" He's not much to look at IMO (putting it as nicely as I can). He doesn't seem to be smart enough to be a smooth talker. I cannot understand the appeal. I just don't get it. And JC appears to be so cute and caring. Guess it's hard to understand from the outside looking in...
I know- who would want to "get with that"????:sick::sick::sick:

I just hope and pray that if NL is going down for this terrible crime, they are able to arrest her quickly. I don't know why, but I am just fearing for the Lee's child. I hope NL is not evil enough to do harm to the child knowing that they will coming for her soon.

I know this opinion is not going to be popular, but I am inclined to agree with this concern. I can't think of any situation in which I am comfortable with the police outright lying to the public (if that is what happened--perhaps they really didn't have enough information at that time). A simple "we are not releasing any further details of this investigation" is the appropriate response. That said, I do want to give them the benefit of the doubt--they may truly have not had enough concrete evidence yet to rule out "voluntary" disappearance even though they THOUGHT it wasn't.

I think alot of people would be shocked to learn truths vs. what the media puts out. I'm not surprised at all. Especially if this was a targeted strategy that they used to their benefit to throw CL off his game.

I wonder what Erin was doing from the hours of 7am until when the witness saw someone get out of Erin's vehicle into the red vehicle?
Was that Erin? If Erin never made it to the park, then what was she doing and where was she during those hours?
The tire tracks were said to match CL's, as well.
Could something have happened to Erin before 10am? And maybe the witness saw someone other than Erin get into a red car?
It was also said that Erin's car was also moved previously....
IMOO.

The detective's said they were looking for a crime scene several weeks ago.

It doesn't seem like they found a good deal of evidence in cars, so I guess that's where the hunting story comes in? The crime scene is likely going to be near or at the mine they found Erin? He shot her and left her there.

How do the shells found in his jeep play into this? Why wouldn't he just throw them into the mine with her body?

I'm sorry, but I find it difficult to reconcile that statement.

Why? I'm pretty sure Chris' father did not help him murder Erin? I frequently feel compassion for the murder's family, and consider them victims too.

I just hope and pray that if NL is going down for this terrible crime, they are able to arrest her quickly. I don't know why, but I am just fearing for the Lee's child. I hope NL is not evil enough to do harm to the child knowing that they will coming for her soon.
The article I just read said they were staying with family in Anchorage, so hopefully there is family to step up and be guardian to their child.

True--I guess I am going largely by what I saw in the media. Perhaps LE was very careful in how they actually phrased things in their pressers so as not to lie. I am completely okay with them withholding information, and perhaps even misleading the suspects, but I don't think they should ever actually lie to the public.

I think alot of people would be shocked to learn truths vs. what the media puts out. I'm not surprised at all. Especially if this was a targeted strategy that they used to their benefit to throw CL off his game.

Thanks Knox! As does Websleuths!

Why? I'm pretty sure Chris' father did not help him murder Erin? I frequently feel compassion for the murder's family, and consider them victims too.

I disagree. What "we" the public have the right to know in an open investigation is zero. Especially in a case where LE has a suspect and is protecting an investigation. I believe the comment you referenced above was made in response to a reporters question. LE obviously had evidence early on that pointed to Chris, but they did not want him to think they were looking at him. I trust their judgement, that it was the right thing to say at that time ...

Wouldn't CPS be involved by now? We have the father under arrest for murder and the mom a POI, so I would think somebody would be stepping in. Maybe someone with knowledge in that area can explain.

jmo

Didn't IM say in one of those interviews that Erin had given up the horse because she couldn't take it on the base? So, she wouldn't have been holding the horse for Erin anyway, right?

Then later in an interview IM did mention that she would hold onto Erin's horse until Erin came back.
IMOO.

Cameron Taylor ‏@Cameron_WATE 26m Special circumstance allegation of "lying in wait" also filed, which could increase chances of life without parole or death. #ErinCorwin

Legal def of "lying in wait" below. Chris took Erin hunting, then shot her when the opportunity arose?

http://www.lectlaw.com/def2/m060.htm
Lying in wait is a waiting and watching for an opportune time to act, together with a concealment by ambush or some other secret design to take the other person by surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jboo1119