GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I've noticed is in many cases, even when LE has a POI they are not publically stating they have a POI. In this case, even though they didn't publically announce Lee was a POI, it was obvious from the search warrants that he was. He also had to know they were hot on his tail since they appeared for search of their home and vehicles the day after Erin was reported missing.

The public doesn't need to know anything about the investigation. It's honestly none of our business. And I've watched enough police/crime documentaries to learn that it's not illegal for LE to lie to whomever they have to lie to to get the truth and to solve the case.

If LE had to inform the public of every little thing they do and tell the truth about everything they think, then many heinous criminals would be walking the streets and still hurting other people. LE owes us nothing other then to do their job and keep criminals off the streets. IMO, MOO.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Date: Aug. 19, 2014

District Attorney Ramos Files Murder Charge in Connection with the Death of Erin Corwin

SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. – Today District Attorney Michael Ramos announced the filing of murder charges against 24-year-old Christopher Brandon Lee who is charged with killing 19-year-old Erin Corwin. The District Attorney’s Office also filed the special circumstance allegation of “lying in wait,” increasing the potential penalty to life without parole or death.

“The decision regarding which penalty will be sought will be made after a full review of the facts and evidence in the case,” District Attorney Michael Ramos said.

Lee was arrested on Sunday by officers in Alaska on suspicion of murder and is currently awaiting extradition to California. He is due in court in Alaska today at 3:30 for his initial hearing.

If Lee waives extradition, he can be returned to San Bernardino County immediately. However, if he fights extradition, it may take four to six weeks.

This case was investigated by the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department and the investigation is ongoing. Deputy District Attorney Sean Daugherty is prosecuting the case.

“Once again, we are faced with a terrible crime that shows absolutely no regard for the value of human life,” Ramos said. “Make no mistake that this office will fight to see that justice is carried out for our victim and her family.”

This is an active investigation. No further details will be released at this time.

Click here to download a copy of the complaint. For current updates and breaking information follow the San Bernardino County District Attorney’s office on Twitter: @sbcountyda
Contact: Michael Ramos, San Bernardino County District Attorney(909) 382-3665

http://www.sbcountyda.org/Newsroom/...2014/DAFilesMurderChargeinErinCorwinCase.aspx

I'm sorry, but I find it difficult to reconcile that statement.
He is going to have to watch his son spend the rest of his life in prison.Watch his granddaughter grow up with out a father.Also possibly without a mother.May have to raise his granddaughter himself or financially support her.Maybe watch his daughter in law remarry or move away and never see his granddaughter again.While he has his son to blame for all of this I do not blame the father.So I would consider him another victim in all of this.

I think people are being tough on the horse lady. She didn't say anything about the horse getting adopted on camera, the reporter quoted her about that later. We have no idea how long that interview was and how leading the reporter's questions were. It's obvious to me there was a lot left on the editing room floor.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I think the horse lady was hoodwinked by CL and knew nothing until well after the fact. I think her weirdness in interviews can be chalked up to fear and shock. This woman had a murderer living in her house for weeks. A murderer who killed someone SHE knew. That must be both horrifying and terrifying.

I know, I may be snacking on my hat later if proven wrong, but that's ok.

BBM: I'm having a very difficult time reconciling this statement. Are you suggesting that Jon Corwin won't be fazed by any of this? Please, help me understand this statement and logic...

From what I get from the post is that you change in some way when your spouse cheats on you. It has nothing to do whether or not JC is affected by Erin's murder. I would say that he probably is . Anyone that has been cheated on knows the array of feeling that you have.

In addition to all the hurt over being cheated on and losing his wife and two unborn children (which he thought were his even if one may not have been), JC may also be beating himself up with guilt. He might be thinking, "If only I had done ________, she wouldn't have cheated on me and then she would still be here." We have no way of knowing what personal torment JC is going through.

What I've noticed is in many cases, even when LE has a POI they are not publically stating they have a POI. In this case, even though they didn't publically announce Lee was a POI, it was obvious from the search warrants that he was. He also had to know they were hot on his tail since they appeared for search of their home and vehicles the day after Erin was reported missing.

The public doesn't need to know anything about the investigation. It's honestly none of our business. And I've watched enough police/crime documentaries to learn that it's not illegal for LE to lie to whomever they have to lie to to get the truth and to solve the case.

If LE had to inform the public of every little thing they do and tell the truth about everything they think, then many heinous criminals would be walking the streets and still hurting other people. LE owes us nothing other then to do their job and keep criminals off the streets. IMO, MOO.
Ever since the Richard Jewell case LE has gotten very cagey about all of this.They use to call people suspects then they went to person of interest now they even refrain from that designation.The last case I followed LE actually came up with "person with knowledge"Also LE tries to undercut a defense strategy that LE had tunnel vision,focused on my client from day one,never looked at any other possible suspects.As you said it is usually pretty easy to read between the lines and see where an investigation is going

So very sorry to hear People are being "untoward" Sometimes "good people do bad things" (re:the affair) She was so young and thrown into a life that's tough enough for a wife light years ahead. Everything I read about Erin indicated to me she had a really big heart. I pray she didn't suffer. Long. Kudos to LE and Searchers for a job well done. Especially enduring the terrain and the oppressive heat. Bless them.

Agree the affair was a factor in all this, but Erin is not to blame -- she was young and naive, and CL was older and also married and knew better. My two cents are that CL could be the one to blame for the affair (i.e., he pursued/wooed her). When I was 19 years old and in a long term relationship, I still had guys (mostly older than me) constantly hitting on me all the time, and I've never admitted this, but sometimes it was tempting if they were attractive and charismatic and persistent (not that I think CL had any of these attributes except maybe the persistence)... so I am not surprised at the circumstances at all. Regardless, people will be judgmental about affairs and their fallout. It wasn't Erin's fault one iota, that she was used and then killed by a sick individual who discarded her when she no longer served his selfish purposes.

Why? I'm pretty sure Chris' father did not help him murder Erin? I frequently feel compassion for the murder's family, and consider them victims too.

Ninety nine percent of the time my heart goes out the murderers family as well because they loved their child and raised him as well as they knew how to but some go off the rails in their teens (those are generally able to be rehabilitated), others get into a life that is all about me and take it to the ultimate level, others are sick and even others were good people who snapped badly.

There are some people though who raise wickedness. Years ago there was a documentary about a murderer of two young girls, friends but killed weeks apart. I can't remember most of the details but i can still remember in vivid color the interview with his mother. She sat there in a housedress, smoking a cigarette and having a beer...while she spewed venom about her son. I have never in my born days heard such a tone of voice, full of hate and violence. She told the world he was evil since birth, he never could do anything right, that he had no goodness to him. A puppy under her care would have grown up violent let alone a child. The hair on the back of my neck stood up. It was as if all the hate in the world had coalesced in this woman about her child.

I ended up feeling sorry for the child the man had been and wishing she could be on trial too for making him what he became. I have never seen or heard such poison coming from a human mouth before or since and hope i never do. As far as her feelings about the murders and arrest, she was full of anger regarding the embarrassment with her neighbors, not a word of sympathy for the victims

Just had to get that out, its been at least 15 years and i still recall it like yesterday so some parents are not victims but most are, including CL's parents from all we know

3AN-14-07506CR
Case Type:Crim Dist Ct Misd (3AN) Case Status:Open Status
Date:08/19/2014 File Date:08/19/2014 Case Judge:Not Assigned (3AN) DCM Track: Next Event:08/19/2014
Lee, Christopher - Defendant
DOB 09/12/1989
District Attorney (3AN) (DA3AN)
Party Charge Information
Lee, Christopher - Defendant
Charge # 1 : CDP - No Degree of Offense Charging Document Pending or Not Filed
Original Charge CDP Charging Document Pending or Not Filed (No Degree of Offense) Indicted Charge Amended Charge DV Related? No
Modifiers None Stage
Date 08/19/2014
ATN # 111111111 Tracking # 001
Date of Offense 08/19/2014
Sentencing Information
08/19/2014 02:30 PMAnchorage Jail Arraignment: State District Court (In Custody)
Anchorage Jail Court, Block
Judge:

-----

Apologies in advance if the copy & paste via iPhone doesn't translate all that well....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legal def of "lying in wait" below. Chris took Erin hunting, then shot her when the opportunity arose?

http://www.lectlaw.com/def2/m060.htm
Lying in wait is a waiting and watching for an opportune time to act, together with a concealment by ambush or some other secret design to take the other person by surprise.

I don't like this law. It is simply a way to bypass premeditation or other things. There is no murder I can think of that is first degree where someone doesn't wait to suprise the person.

I am thinking he lured her to her death, that can bring higher charges, I think?

Also, doesn't a military person have a commanding officer who can maybe talk with CL, explain that the honorable thing to do now is confess, and not create more heartache? I wonder if that would help at all.

Party Charge Information
Lee, Christopher

Sentencing Information

Chris appears in court today at 2:30 (3:30 Cali time). The link takes you directly to his case in Alaska District Court.

I don't like this law. It is simply a way to bypass premeditation or other things. There is no murder I can think of that is first degree where someone doesn't wait to suprise the person.

I think what matters is the extent to which one lures their prey. The guy got her to get out of her car and get into his for cryin' out loud. Knowing all the while what he planned to do to her.

In addition to all the hurt over being cheated on and losing his wife and two unborn children (which he thought were his even if one may not have been), JC may also be beating himself up with guilt. He might be thinking, "If only I had done ________, she wouldn't have cheated on me and then she would still be here." We have no way of knowing what personal torment JC is going through.

Or perhaps, speaking from my personal experience, in deep deep grief that he never had the opportunity to works things out, and forgive her while she was alive.

I so hope he is getting to a counselor :grouphug:

So from the documents and MSM's it looks like he will be tried civilly, in the County of San Bernadino by the Deputy District Attorney. Looks to me like the USMC is pretty much divorced from this whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jboo1119