GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP Erin :( I guess we knew this but now that it's official...my heart just aches for her family.

SB County Sheriff ‏@sbcountysheriff 36s
DA Michael Ramos @sbcountyda "In 48 hours a decision will be made on the official charges..."

haven't finished autopsy for cause of death nor to confirm pregnancy

Exact Reason focused on him:

physical evid & t interviews we had>led to CL

have not finished autopsy, so have not determined she was pregnant yet

Questions

Her disappearance was suspicious from the beginning. The reason they focused on CL was interviews, physical evidence (that they can't discuss) and determined that he was most likely the suspect.

Autopsy still being done. Can't comment on cause of death yet

Motive, not ready to comment on.

Unable to determine if she was pregnant. Autopsy not finished.

Follow up press release on whether or not she was pregnant.

(lost feed....)

christopher lee's only ties to CA ws the marine corps brought him there, all family and other ties are in alaska (still transcribing, if these seem like random comments i'm making, LOL)

Poor little Erin. So very sorry for her and her family.

Grateful to these search teams for finding her. It was really seeming like a needle in a haystack situation.

believed her disappearance was suspicious
why focus on Lee? based on interviews and evidence = Lee most likely suspect
autopsy still taking place
will not discuss motive
not sure if she was pregnant or not......waiting on autopsy
yes, probably intimate relationship between Lee and Erin
Lee has no ties to CA other than his military service

(i can't hear the questions....)

RIP Erin. So heartbreaking. So many families destroyed.

used many electronic devices that lead them to Erin and her location

there was a compilation of many electronic devices through teh course of this investigation that led them to some ideas for location of her body

Her poor husband....:(

Sure hope he is surrounded with support and love....

SB County Sheriff ‏@sbcountysheriff 1m
Homicide Sgt. Trevis Newport "... conducted interviews, looked at evidence and determined Lee was the most likely suspect.."

not easily accessible area - very remote - mining pins? - outside of National park
several miles SE of 29 palms

Area was not easily accessible, very remote. Outside JTNP on BLM land. Several miles southeast of 29 Palms.

Omg they found her in the mine shaft, one firefighter hurt, erin has been recovered, press conf stating autopsy being done now; dk yet on confirmation of pregnancy..talking about CL and his family...in Alaska...and he has no ties to CA just military marine corps.....what they know of him as a person they cannot answer. Erin's been recovered. On my birthday. This is a case I never thought they would arrest let alone solve but I'm so glad that CL was no bright bulb, and they stuck to those mine shafts as we had discussed. I'm so so sad for her family in TN....but I am so proud of LE...they did bring this to fruition and Im so impressed that they kept to the search to recover her. It was very hard work they said. Technology used etc...they did it and I really was losing hope in the past few weeks. It was a very difficult recovery to get her out of that mine shaft per LE.

this is very rough terrain, not an easily accesible area, they had a tough time in a 4wd vehicle, it's very remote and dangerous, many mine heads out there. it is outside the JTNP, it is on ?? Land. It is several miles southeast of the community of 29palms. Bureau of land management (? maybe that's whose land it's on?). no indication the mine was currently active, no idea what was originally being mined out of there.

TDSColinAtagi ‏@TDSColinAtagi 49s
Officials not commenting on cause of death of #erincorwin @MyDesert

SB County Sheriff ‏@sbcountysheriff 1m
"...hard work of the detectives and technology led us to Erin" Sgt. Newport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics