GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so glad they were able to locate Erin's body. I pray she was dead before she was put in the mine, I hate to think about those 140ft if she was not.

I also want to commend Erin and Jonathan's family for their dignity through this situation. Mistakes were made. At least one child was lost (the miscarriage) and possibly two (the current pregnancy) as well as Erin. It is beautiful to see that these families stood together during this terrible time and honored Erin and Jon's love and marriage, despite any issues that existed. It was obvious that Erin and Jonathan loved each other and I'm glad these families issued a joint statement. Both families have suffered a loss.

As for the the man arrested, there are no words for someone who would kill someone because life didn't go quite as he planned it. Anything else I say about him would likely get me a time out.
RSBM

When the 'thanks' button isn't enough !
That was beautifully stated, necco.

I'm still inclined to give IM the benefit of the doubt. Given what we now know (i.e. the police have been clearly planning for this discovery and arrest despite telling the public they had no proof EC wasn't voluntarily missing), I truly wonder if they advised IM to backtrack after the statement of probable cause came out--either for her own safety or to protect the investigation (and keep CL from running). She may have just been in over her head.

No word from IM because she's probably busy changing her undies!

Woohoo! Knew it. I kept saying she was at the bottom of a mine shaft.

And I'm so glad to read that SBCSO has been right on top of everything from the beginning. They had many reasons to not go public with what their knew, because it would compromise their investigation, as well as not want the public help in searches for it turns out it was a very dangerous mission, to get in the area where they eventually found Erin.

I'm so glad she's going to be coming home. So many others don't. The family gets closure and the perp gets justice.

Almost from the get go, once hearing about the "special day" and the "hunting trip", most of us knew this was the likely outcome. It was a waiting game, letting SBCSO do their work, take care of their business and complete their investigation.

I imagine a lot of the time was spent in waiting for the warrants for the cell phone records. I only hope that it doesn't come up later that Erin was alive down in that shaft for days, precious days when LE could have had cell phone ping locations that may have made a difference to whether she could have gotten out of this alive.

Good work to SBCSO, and great work for the search and rescue crews who risk their lives every day to bring criminals to justice and missing family members back home.

Sad news to read today about Erin. I hope she didn't suffer a horrible death. I hope she's at peace.

Her poor husband and family. I feel for them!

ETA: I'm glad that LE didn't give up.

Deeply saddened to hear this news. I am glad Erin was found for her loved one's sake. RIP Erin. I do apologize as I had to skip many pages. Would this not be a DP case given the fact that 2 died as a result?

Thanks was not enough. No one should be defined by a decision made during a dark time that wasn't designed to hurt anyone. (Yes, I realize that affairs DO hurt people, but that doesn't seem to have been the intention at all in Erin's case. She lost a child and was lonely and sought comfort. It seems obvious, in my opinion at least, that she was just trying to feel good, not cause anyone else to feel bad.)

Thanks to both of you(Jacy and Necco) for your considerate comments.

If I read one more comment attacking Erin's morality, I will scream. This woman and her unborn child were murdered. Do the people attacking her have any decency? Blaming a murder victim is as low as it gets.

My condolences to her family and friends.

Deeply saddened to hear this news. I am glad Erin was found for her loved one's sake. RIP Erin. I do apologize as I had to skip many pages. Would this not be a DP case given the fact that 2 died as a result?

Waiting on autopsy for confirmation of this I imagine

Halle-freakin-lujah. This case has been on my mind since its inception. RIP Erin.

If I read one more comment attacking Erin's morality, I will scream. This woman and her unborn child were murdered. Do the people attacking her have any decency? Blaming a murder victim is as low as it gets.

ITA!
CL had an affair, as well. She got pregnant (not confirmed). He got nervous. Scared of his wife. So his (their) solution was to dispose of Erin? How sick and demented! He's not just a murderer. He's a coward.
A sick murdering coward.

So very sorry to hear People are being "untoward" Sometimes "good people do bad things" (re:the affair) She was so young and thrown into a life that's tough enough for a wife light years ahead. Everything I read about Erin indicated to me she had a really big heart. I pray she didn't suffer. Long. Kudos to LE and Searchers for a job well done. Especially enduring the terrain and the oppressive heat. Bless them.

I can never remember whose sig file it is when I want to quote it, but as someone's sig file says "We are all one bad decision away from ending up on these boards." Everyone has made mistakes. Everyone has trusted someone they shouldn't at some point in their life. Whether it was opening their door to a stranger, falling in love with the wrong person, accepting help from someone when their car broke down, or something else, we have all done things that could have ended horrifically. That we are alive to tell the tale is simply a matter of luck.

Well, NL may have felt confident they would never find the body, and that no body no crime, but now they have found the body, and there is evidence and proof of the crime so she needs to brush up on her criminal knowledge the next time she takes part in a crime. FWIW.

I keep thinking about JC. That's 2 pregnancies and a wife he's lost in the last 6 months, not to mention finding out his wife was having an affair with a "friend" and neighbor (of course, if both pregnancies were valid). My heart breaks for him and their families. Not only have they lost Erin but they are left to sort through the emotions her mistakes left behind. We all make mistakes, big or small, but rarely do they have such great consequences. So glad she was found (I really doubted she would be) and now justice can be served.

I can never remember whose sig file it is when I want to quote it, but as someone's sig file says "We are all one bad decision away from ending up on these boards." Everyone has made mistakes. Everyone has trusted someone they shouldn't at some point in their life. Whether it was opening their door to a stranger, falling in love with the wrong person, accepting help from someone when their car broke down, or something else, we have all done things that could have ended horrifically. That we are alive to tell the tale is simply a matter of luck.

Amen to that. Erin made a bad judgment call. Got mixed up with the wrong man. Most people that do that don't pay for it the way Erin has. No one should have to pay the price she paid for her mistakes. RIP Erin. Sorry it turned out this way for you and your baby.

Jmo, not sure why so many seemed to think LE had "dropped the ball" on this case.

I couldn't be more proud of the sheriff's department and couldn't be more proud to say I'm a resident of this county.

I think SBSO did an outstanding job finding Erin and to those who thought they dropped the ball or were inept can now eat their words! Seeing the outcome of this case and how well SBSO handled the case gives me great hope for the McStay family case that it too shall solve.

Thank you San Bernardino County Sheriff's department and all volunteers. Job very well done!! :loveyou:

Just a note to moderator. I hope this case will be held open on this site until conclusion. This is the first case I followed here and would hope we can see results of investigation and trial results. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08