DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally some Alaska media coverage:

http://www.ktva.com/alleged-lover-of-marines-missing-wife-arrested-886/
Alleged lover of Marine’s missing wife arrested

By Associated Press 10:28 AM August 18, 2014
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (AP) – The alleged lover of the pregnant missing wife of a U.S. Marine based in Southern California has been arrested in Alaska on a homicide charge.
Jennifer Castro, a spokesman for the Anchorage Police Department, said Monday that 24-year-old Christopher Brandon Lee was arrested at 9 p.m. Sunday at a traffic stop on a warrant out of California.

Castro says San Bernardino County officials have charged Lee with homicide.

Court papers show Lee was the lover of 20-year-old Erin Corwin, who disappeared June 28 after leaving her Twentynine Palms home.

Corwin had planned to meet Lee for a hunting trip. Marine Cpl. Jonathan Corwin reported his wife missing the next day.

An affidavit says the investigation focused on Lee and the unborn child may have been his.

Erin's thread probably needs to be moved to "Located"...

I am just glad that she can be brought home so that the family can grieve in a better way. I always thought justice would occur in this case, but I honestly didn't know if a body would be located. RIP Erin

With sadness I'm going to move this thread guys :tears:

Catching up and reading back, i see this was his possible reasoning to get rid of her.
My goodness. So lets kill someone, and then you cant see your child or anyone else for rest of you life. Stupid criminals. Ugggggh.

The media just reported what was in the court record:
"Deputy Mackewen learned from another neighbor that Erin and Lee were having an affair. JT, Erin's friend in Tennessee, confirmed Erin and Lee were romantically involved and Erin may be pregnant with Lee’s child. Erin told JT that Lee was worried if his wife discovered Erin was pregnant, Lee’s wife would divorce him and keep him from his child."

I'm so glad they were able to locate Erin's body. I pray she was dead before she was put in the mine, I hate to think about those 140ft if she was not.

I also want to commend Erin and Jonathan's family for their dignity through this situation. Mistakes were made. At least one child was lost (the miscarriage) and possibly two (the current pregnancy) as well as Erin. It is beautiful to see that these families stood together during this terrible time and honored Erin and Jon's love and marriage, despite any issues that existed. It was obvious that Erin and Jonathan loved each other and I'm glad these families issued a joint statement. Both families have suffered a loss.

As for the the man arrested, there are no words for someone who would kill someone because life didn't go quite as he planned it. Anything else I say about him would likely get me a time out.

Catching up and reading back, i see this was his possible reasoning to get rid of her.
My goodness. So lets kill someone, and then you cant see your child or anyone for rest of you life. Stupid criminals. Ugggggh.

The media just reported what was in the court record:
"Deputy Mackewen learned from another neighbor that Erin and Lee were having an affair. JT, Erin's friend in Tennessee, confirmed Erin and Lee were romantically involved and Erin may be pregnant with Lee’s child. Erin told JT that Lee was worried if his wife discovered Erin was pregnant, Lee’s wife would divorce him and keep him from his child."

So killing a person is okay - keep the wife happy.

In reality, wouldn't he have had some type of parental responsibility - joint custody?
Now he will not see his kid - especially if he is in prison in CA and the child lives in Alaska.

erincorwinsearch-rescue.jpg

Members of the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Urban Search and Rescue team prepare to recover the body of Erin Corwin from an abandoned mine shaft near Twentynine Palms. (Photo: AP Photo/San Bernardino County Sheriff )
http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/crime_courts/2014/08/18/erin-corwin-san-bernardino/14232723/

Holy crap. I just checked in for the first time today. I'm so sad :(

The body of Erin Corwin, the missing wife of a U.S. Marine, was found in a mine shaft in Southern California over the weekend and her alleged lover and former neighbor was arrested on suspicion of homicide, authorities say.

Christopher Brandon Lee, 24, was arrested in Alaska at 9 p.m. Sunday on an extradition warrant out of California, where San Bernardino County authorities want him for homicide, said Jennifer Castro, a spokesman for the Anchorage Police Department.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/body-found-arrest-made-in-case-of-missing-marine-wife-erin-corwin/

The 20-year-old's body was found Saturday 140 feet down an abandoned mine shaft on federal land near Twentynine Palms after authorities spent nearly two months searching 300 square miles in the remote area east of Los Angeles, San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon said.

Her remains were identified Sunday through dental records, he said.

Springboarding here... I'll never understand people with no empathy. Erin was a kid. She made a mistake. We all makes mistakes. How can we not forgive the naivete of another? She should still be here. I'm glad they've found you, Erin. You did not deserve this. I hope some kind of unfathomable and immense peace surrounds her family while they see justice happen.

Thanks was not enough. No one should be defined by a decision made during a dark time that wasn't designed to hurt anyone. (Yes, I realize that affairs DO hurt people, but that doesn't seem to have been the intention at all in Erin's case. She lost a child and was lonely and sought comfort. It seems obvious, in my opinion at least, that she was just trying to feel good, not cause anyone else to feel bad.)

I did feel for SB investigators throughout this case - they had to try and conduct a homicide investigation where it was obvious they had a good idea of where Erin's remains were, while maintaining a completely impassive 'just a missing person' front.

I thought they really had wound down the search recently though - so it worked with me. Maybe stopped the suspect getting frantic and taking off too.

I'm so sad for this little girl (Erin may have been 19 but she looked so, so young). We all get betrayed at some time in our lives, by people we've put our trust in. But it looks like she put her trust in someone who decided on the very ultimate betrayal. Death.

Rest in peace young Erin, and your baby if there was one. Hope there are beautiful white unicorns for you to ride up there.

So killing a person is okay - keep the wife happy.

In reality, wouldn't he have had some type of parental responsibility - joint custody?
Now he will not see his kid - especially if he is in prison in CA and the child lives in Alaska.

The logic these dumb criminals use is just amazingly stupid. Think of all the stupid logic.
1-First thinking he would even get away with murder.
2-If he owned up to his transgressions in the first place and just asked for forgiveness, his wife may have even forgiven him over time.
3-Like you mention, even if there was a divorce then there is a chance he could have gotten visitation at least or joint custody was even possible.

But no, lets immediately choose to commit murder. That is a good plan....NOT
Geeesshhh.

By putting her in a mine shaft, Erin's suspected killer protected her remains from being dragged off by predators and protected her from a lot of insect activity and fierce heat. If there was water at the bottom, that would have slowed decomposition of the body too.

What a great gift to investigators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member