Found Deceased CA - Erin Valenti, 33, from Utah, en-route from Palo Alto to San Jose, 7 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Official FB Page "In Memory of Erin Valenti":

For those local to the Bay Area, neighbors in the Almaden community have organized a mass tomorrow morning in memory of Erin. We are thankful for the kindness of the San Jose community. This date would have been Erin’s 34th birthday.

All are welcome. Wednesday, 10/16/19 at 8:30 AM at Holy Spirit Church (1200 Redmond Ave, San Jose, CA 95120).

Last edited:
I agree that physical illnesses show various symptoms, but surely the CEO of a company knows to call 911 when she experiences a sudden, severe physical illness? Especially when she's experiencing it over several hours?

I'm unaware of a single similar case where a person who was experiencing a severe medical crisis, refused to call 911 or get help from police, although they were well enough to drive and talk to their loved ones on the phone.

All of the illnesses cited have significantly unpleasant physical symptoms, like severe headache and other pain, nausea, high fever, sweating, fainting. Even if there are manic symptoms, the physical suffering is obvious to the sufferer and they look for medical help.

For example, although Natasha Richardson initially refused help for her head injury, she soon began experiencing a splitting headache, and did ask for help.
It's quite possible that by the time a headache may have occurred it came with a massive stroke- paralysis..The bleed may have been fatal.
If it was a bleed that occurred.
Erin was speaking but she wasn't making sense, she was in a state of confusion at the very least.
People in that state frequently do not act rationally.

In Memory of Erin Valenti
For those local to the Bay Area, neighbors in the Almaden community have organized a mass tomorrow morning in memory of Erin. We are thankful for the kindness of the San Jose community. This date would have been Erin’s 34th birthday.

All are welcome. Wednesday, 10/16/19 at 8:30 AM at Holy Spirit Church (1200 Redmond Ave, San Jose, CA 95120).

72310282_123160789091794_4966227958030139392_n.png

Hwy 85 route.

What happened? Why wasn't anyone able to stop her from trying to drive to the airport? In the 8 hours between her known disorientation and stupor at 3:30PM, when was the first call made to police, when was action taken, and when police spoke to her around midnight, did she explicitly say that she did not want assistance?

View attachment 209315
I'm inclined to think that is exactly what happened -- she passed on and/or refused assistance, or alluded help by not cooperating, which only reinforced the "voluntarily missing" designation.

Responding Officer would have asked the subject her location, if she was alone, was she traveling with anybody else, what car was she driving, -- all the while trying to ascertain if she was being held against her will, or missing under threat of another.

In police terminology, a missing ADULT can appear endangered, but still be classed "voluntarily missing." Officer may have told family -- she wasn't making sense -- sounded like she was tripping, and she refused to give her location. We drove around looking but we were unable to locate the car. Shift change, next.........

MOO

Last edited:
Quoting myself to elaborate since multiple people have (correctly) pointed out that you can't die from psychosis. I think Erin took her own life. I think there will be lawsuits against the PD AND the folks running the conference.
Why would she want to take her own life in a rented car in an unknown neighbourhood?
What suggests she was in an way suicidal from what we know of her life?
I found nothing.

Quoting myself to elaborate since multiple people have (correctly) pointed out that you can't die from psychosis. I think Erin took her own life. I think there will be lawsuits against the PD AND the folks running the conference.

IF she didn't die from sudden psychologically diagnosed psychosis, only seemed "manic" with references to Matrix and Thanksgiving, and had no reason to take her own life, then perhaps she bumped her head, was intoxicated, or had a sudden onset of a disease that causes stupor and sudden death.

Tech Executive Found Dead In Back Of Rental Car Nearly A Week After She Disappeared

Quote from article:
Her mother, Whitey Valenti, told The Mercury News that they believe Erin may have been having a manic episode the day she disappeared, and said they had talked with her “for hours, on and off” on Oct. 7.

“Her thoughts were disconnected,” she said. “She talked a mile a minute. She’d say I’m coming home for Thanksgiving, then in the next she was saying she’s in the Matrix.”

Weinstein, a psychologist who met his wife in 2003, said the strange behavior was extremely out of character.

“There’s never any history of anything like this, no mental health diagnosis, no hospitalization, no substance use, no arrests — as clear of a record as you can get. This is incredibly unlike her,” he told the local paper. “She is an extremely high-achievement, successful person.”[BBM]

But, on the night she disappeared, Valenti’s phone was turned off, and she never returned her rental car as planned, Weinstein wrote on Facebook.

She had been scheduled to receive an award Wednesday from the Utah-based Women Tech Council — but it was a ceremony she’d never attend.

Why would she want to take her own life in a rented car in an unknown neighbourhood?
What suggests she was in an way suicidal from what we know of her life?
I found nothing.

Suicides are sometimes staged to appear as a murder, but that only works when everything else is normal. If not, the husband is suspected of murder, even when he was asleep when it all happened.

Nothing about this death of Erin Valenti suggests suicide, in my humble opinion (IMHO). It seems like she was leaping from one self-described amazing thing to the next, always on the up, always fluctuating diet loss and weight gain, what else did she do to define herself besides weight, self improvement, fundraising, twitter, instagram, pinterest and other brag sites?

Seems like someone twisted her perception and she couldn't find her way back.

After looking through her Instagram (her Facebook has been locked down by the time I came across this thread), I think she was struggling in terms of her mental health. I don’t think this was an overnight thing.

I don't have an IG account so I only got a quick look, but I agree something seems off in the posts I saw. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if someone behaving like that might use drugs to keep high.

meningitis, slow bleed subarachnoid, subdural, mini stroke followed by massive stroke.. so many possibilities...all of which would have rendered her powerless, paralysed...
I got a stroke following surgery to clip a subarachnoid aneurysm which burst.
I was a RGN but I never kne what the sensation was like...
I was being wheeled past former colleagues en route to yet another C/t scan and I told them, slurrily but cheerfully, I thought, that strokes don't hurt!
It as the weirdest sensation... my left side wouldn't move, I could lift my limbs with my right limbs and they would flop.
It was preceded by a period of agitation, I remember...I was annoyed at what I perceived as inappropriate comments in the course of a phone call I had just received, because I could not make the other person understand why their comments were so inappropriate)
(mostly self induced as I used to adjust my own IV feed, being quite cracked in the head, as well, as a result of it all)
I wouldn't have noticed it had happened at all except that my visitors were all paramedics and they spotted it immediately..

I just read an article today about how 3 people have died (and like 80 more sickened) from legionnaires disease that they got at a county fair from walking BY a hot tub demonstration (the water in the hot tub was infected). It's like something straight out of House!

I'm inclined to think that is exactly what happened -- she passed on and/or refused assistance, or alluded help by not cooperating, which only reinforced the "voluntarily missing" designation.

Responding Officer would have asked the subject her location, if she was alone, was she traveling with anybody else, what car was she driving, -- all the while trying to ascertain if she was being held against her will, or missing under threat of another.

In police terminology, a missing ADULT can appear endangered, but still be classed "voluntarily missing." Officer may have told family -- she wasn't making sense -- sounded like she was tripping, and she refused to give her location. We drove around looking but we were unable to locate the car. Shift change, next.........

MOO

That's impossible. There are no reports of any interaction with Erin.

All we have from the responding officer at this time is that she was speaking gibberish and he did nothing.

Tech Executive Found Dead In Back Of Rental Car Nearly A Week After She Disappeared

Quote from article:
Her mother, Whitey Valenti, told The Mercury News that they believe Erin may have been having a manic episode the day she disappeared, and said they had talked with her “for hours, on and off” on Oct. 7.

“Her thoughts were disconnected,” she said. “She talked a mile a minute. She’d say I’m coming home for Thanksgiving, then in the next she was saying she’s in the Matrix.”

Weinstein, a psychologist who met his wife in 2003, said the strange behavior was extremely out of character.

“There’s never any history of anything like this, no mental health diagnosis, no hospitalization, no substance use, no arrests — as clear of a record as you can get. This is incredibly unlike her,” he told the local paper. “She is an extremely high-achievement, successful person.”[BBM]

But, on the night she disappeared, Valenti’s phone was turned off, and she never returned her rental car as planned, Weinstein wrote on Facebook.

She had been scheduled to receive an award Wednesday from the Utah-based Women Tech Council — but it was a ceremony she’d never attend.
All I'm seeing here is brain swelling and facts from those who knew here .
A high temperature could well cause this disjointed mayhem.
Did she know she had a high temperature? Possibly not.. may have been experiencing rigors, feeling freezing while burning up..
Realistically, when your nearest and dearest is missing it's in nobody's interest to withhold the truth.
So, I believe him.
I reckon she was naturally hyperactive.
The car has me confounded though and I'm wondering whether the thing moved at all...
Did she have a hangover and decided to sleep it off?
Did she eat any breakfast or any food at all?

I just read an article today about how 3 people have died (and like 80 more sickened) from legionnaires disease that they got at a county fair from walking BY a hot tub demonstration (the water in the hot tub was infected). It's like something straight out of House!

Legionnaire's disease gets attention all over the world because the only known treatment seems to be quarantine and sanitize. Spread of the disease seems to be hygiene - touching railings and other hand to hand contamination.

I doubt that Erin had Legionnaire's Disease.

I sure hope my mental health not being judged based on my social media following [i.e., non-existent]! :eek:
But are you a 33 year old in the tech business? Their success depends on their social media presence, that's how they attract buzz, network opportunities, etc.

All I'm seeing here is brain swelling and facts from those who knew here .
A high temperature could well cause this disjointed mayhem.
Did she know she had a high temperature? Possibly not.. may have been experiencing rigors, feeling freezing while burning up..
Realistically, when your nearest and dearest is missing it's in nobody's interest to withhold the truth.
So, I believe him.
I reckon she was naturally hyperactive.
The car has me confounded though and I'm wondering whether the thing moved at all...
Did she have a hangover and decided to sleep it off?
Did she eat any breakfast or any food at all?

So ... is that a vote for mental illness that causes stupor and death in less than 24 hours?

The hyperactive / hypothermic suicide theory?

But are you a 33 year old in the tech business? Their success depends on their social media presence, that's how they attract buzz, network opportunities, etc.

Only in that I represent and/or work with many individuals in the tech industry.

And I'd hate to tell them that their titles and success will be deemed fake-- should they ever go missing. (I also get that Seattle tech is not comparable to the Valley).

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member