Found Deceased CA - Erin Valenti, 33, from Utah, en-route from Palo Alto to San Jose, 7 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were hoping to commit suicide in a public place, would you stop in the middle of the road where someone could find and stop you, or pull over to a safe space where you wouldn't be bothered? Sometimes the most irrational-seeming decisions have a measure of rationality in them.

I think the 'carefully' parked car points away from a sudden medical event.
Points towards an evolving medical event though.

While my theory is just that, a theory, I think it's worth pointing out that many people who commit suicide do not outwardly appear suicidal. We have only the words of her (possibly protective) mother and husband and her social media to go on-that's not a lot to build a picture of a person. I can tell you that at my lowest points, my social media projected a perfect image and I told nobody what was going on. That doesn't mean I didn't consider taking my life, though.

So, so, many suicides happen by individuals that do not "look, smell, breath, eat, talk, walk, ...." the profile of what those left behind think a suicidal person.

I do think it possible that EV may have reached the very top of what she wanted to achieve, and long ago decided she wanted to go out on top.

I also find it very telling that she talked to her mom (and dad) several time Monday.

MOO

delete your cookies, got most of it I think though.
Geez, where does this leave us?
She told the police she was with friends at 10pm, yet 7 hrs earlier was talking nonsense??
She was alive still at 10pm...
more questions than answers
back to the drawing board.
Does seem pretty harsh to hold the grieving family in interview rooms all night.
What exactly led to that?
They were
hardly a flight risk?

I recall the news Saturday night when reporters still at the scene -- it was late, and the coroner had just arrived.

Since the relatives/mourners were sitting on the sidewalk across the road, I think the family were probably taken to PD for their safety, and also preliminary questions -- not like they were in custody. I imagine the parent's wanted to stay until they knew their daughter/wife arrived at the morgue.

This part is probably a lose, lose, situation. PD probably wanted to give them privacy, and family felt they were being ignored, left alone for hours.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member