Found Deceased CA - Fang Jin, 47, flew to LA from China, train to Palm Springs, Morongo Basin, 21 Jul 2023, w/ JohnRoot Fitzpatrick, 55, missing, 30 Jul ‘23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's how it looks to me, too. I think LE needs to know this immediately.
Hopefully the San Bernadino Sheriff's Office is taking this case seriously. @mark1969 are you able to make contact with them directly? Maybe it's time for a new PI.

^ bolded by me

Interesting. Did Fang mention to family and friends about JRF having a sister on the East Coast, or is this new information you learned through your PI?
Yes from privat conversation between FJ and JRF before her trip to USA ( and which could be traced on pc of FJ by daugther of FJ), this plan of maybe going to east coast was mentionned as a possibility but not stated or confirmed.

Thank you - this makes it clear that it's not confirmation Fang was sighted, just the vehicle (and assumptions made that the two of them were there)

They were not imo
PI is asked to verify this with police with highest priority.... facts and location of this "Thermal" campground are not in our posession yet

The location doesn’t really match up with where they were last seen, but this description is very similar to JRF

It is similar, missing hands makes it appear execution/dump, maybe hispanic

JRF is lighter weight, has lighter eyes and whilst his hair is described as black on Missper, it's actually very salt 'n pepper

The fact that JRF is in Namus and it's his home county surely they'd have checked against his record...

Good spot tho', of course we only actually know where the vehicle was last seen. The last place Fang was heard from is where I put her as 'being' imo

No communication/photo upload from her at all on 22nd is very telling

Last edited:
Hmmm. And Fang's last bank card transaction and also last photo upload was the 21st July.

If his phone pinged a tower, why didn't hers?

I'm presuming they had cables to charge it in the vehicle. (Necessary out there, I would think) so she wouldn't have gone 3 days without charging her phone.

If they had an accident, would his phone battery actually last a whole 3 days longer?
She had a Chinese Huawei cellphone with her..... maybe someone knows how to get last location of a death phone .... her daughter Lin might have her huawei id code and password ?

Yes, I wonder if anything can be done at the Chinese end....?

Wouldn't LE need a warrant to find out where the last pings were on Fang Jin's cell phone? It would have pinged on one of the U.S. carriers' cell towers (AT&T, T-Mobile, or Verizon) on July 21st.

What is the agency or source that determined when and where JRF's last cell phone pinged (in Julian)?

Wouldn't LE need a warrant to find out where the last pings were on Fang Jin's cell phone? It would have pinged on one of the U.S. carriers' cell towers (AT&T, T-Mobile, or Verizon) on July 21st.

What is the agency or source that determined when and where JRF's last cell phone pinged (in Julian)?
Well, the Chinese MAY be able to get into a Huawei phone.
They wouldn't have to ask American law enforcement.
They would do it from China, via Huawei's own data in China.

Well, the Chinese MAY be able to get into a Huawei phone.
They wouldn't have to ask American law enforcement.
They would do it from China, via Huawei's own data in China.

How would that work? I assume that the data would come from the roaming that would connect an international phone to local cell towers and that the cell towers are those of U.S. carriers.

What does status unknown missing means ?
Different Law Enforcement Agencies use different terms. Generally it is from a lack of information. Meaning, they were reported missing, but there is no evidence to show there was a crime involved with their disappearance. For example, if someone was reported missing and it is known that they were kidnapped by their spouse, it would be missing-abduction. Or a teenager that left voluntarily would be missing-runaway.
If you provide them with the bank statement showing JF’s usage pattern and that it stopped suddenly, this maybe classified as suspicious (hopefully) and they would change the label to Missing Adult-Suspicious Circumstances or whatever terminology they use.
This may help:

So, at the very least it seems Fang was separated from her phone and bank card on July 21, 2023.
If there was a fatal accident, her bank card and cell phone could still be with her, as could JRF, his cell phone and his bank card(s). i do not draw the same conclusion that she was separated from her card and phone because her bank card has not been used. I do think it should provide enough notion for the LE to remove “voluntary” from their missing statuses.

JMVHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member