GUILTY CA - Forrest Hayes, 51, dies of heroin OD on yacht, Santa Cruz, 23 Nov 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry, should have prefaced my post with frustrated, thinking out loud and my opinion only.

I meant to add, if there's cases you feel are being neglected and wish some more people to chime in, please feel free to link some threads on my profile comments thinger. Always happy to join a thread, if asked.

I'm not sure how the guy is a "poor soul" when he intentionally sought out prostitutes and drugs, cheated on his family, etc. I think it's his responsibility and it was his doing. Do not get me wrong, it is a shame he died and I wish that he had not. But sometimes when you play with fire, you get burned. He was not a totally innocent person that was murdered like so many people are making him out to be just because he was a well to do Google glass worker. And I don't think it's quite so black and white whether AT is an evil murderer or not.

Blunt but JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He was engaging in really incredibly risky behavior. I think they are both at fault. I still think she is culpable, probably for manslaughter IDK, but to me the huger societal issues are people rethinking this kind of behavior (or whatever, on his part) and stopping the flow of heroin. I'm really surprised she hasn't found more trouble than she has before this. The whole prostitution thing bothers me also, and I still think California is not doing enough to stop it... it's too often glamorized as sex workers (not talking about forced prostitution or under-aged victims here) and a blind eye is turned, when, in fact, it is connected to a criminal element. Johns are just as culpable as anyone else and have been given too much leniency, but I do not think most realize the possible criminal elements and danger behind it all either. Most times, you are not just hiring a harmless prostitute - there are gangs, violent pimps, and organized crime behind a lot of it. This has all seeped into even the sleepy little suburbs around here. Fortunately at least there has been more emphasis on changing it for those who have been forced into prostitution. This is not quite the case in this case though... it sounds like a whole different element. Someone IS supplying that heroin though. And, of course, people like the deceased seem to lose their social conciousness when it comes to fulfilling their own high risk hedonistic pleasure. Nevermind what kind of society they are creating for their own children, that wasn't on their mind. It wasn't on her mind either because she didn't GAF about anyone but herself either... not even a dying guy.

I'm a bit dismayed that the cops have been in the media pegging her for a serial killer, with their 'sting operation' where they found her with a full syringe.. the comments to the media pretty much indicated that they are taking this as proof of intent to murder.

I think they're being a tad overzealous there. Yep, it looks damning, if you have a preconceived belief she's a serial killer. But looking at it another way, a seriously addicted person hired for several hours of sex work MIGHT not want to cook their smack on a spoon in front of a client, and be addicted enough to want a hit handy in case the booking goes overtime.

Anyway, that all ought to be kept out of the media, if they want any hope of a fair trial for this woman. But maybe they don't.

I'm a bit dismayed that the cops have been in the media pegging her for a serial killer, with their 'sting operation' where they found her with a full syringe.. the comments to the media pretty much indicated that they are taking this as proof of intent to murder.

I think they're being a tad overzealous there. Yep, it looks damning, if you have a preconceived belief she's a serial killer. But looking at it another way, a seriously addicted person hired for several hours of sex work MIGHT not want to cook their smack on a spoon in front of a client, and be addicted enough to want a hit handy in case the booking goes overtime.

Anyway, that all ought to be kept out of the media, if they want any hope of a fair trial for this woman. But maybe they don't.

I don't know if it is overzealous as much as just too much hype and not enough reality. Could be the media or want to convict. I think she should be convicted, don't get me wrong, but come on, let's be real about the underlying problems. It's not a serial killer, it's heroin, prositution, hard drugs, crime, and all that is connected with it. It's the new silicon valley and other mindsets like it in the executives, etc. It's the woman and whatever got her into this whole 'lifestyle'. Let's look to solving the problems and not the lone weirdo serial killer angle ... not that she might not have more than one 'victim'. But, what about the whole culture behind all this. Convict her because she is a part of this, but for cripe sake, present the problems so we can prevent more of this crapola occuring. Cops know what the problems are, they just need to relay it as it is.

It is not odd to me that a heroin addict would have a loaded syringe. It was probably for herself so she could go to the bathroom after being there for an hour or so and give her herself another fix. Just like a smoker would have a pack of cigarettes with them.

Agree it is not alarming that an addict has a prepared syringe with her at any time.

MOO

Idk. I think if the two dead guys were 'just' two other junkies, if one was not a fancy rich dude with an innocent family at home (and thus super news-worthy, and thus super pressure on the cops to 'get the perp') then the hype would be a good deal less. eta: And thus, being my point, maybe the cops would not be blah'ing serial killer theory to the media.

Like it'd be a whole lot less, if the victim was not super rich and employed by Google. "Homeless man dies of overdose given by drug addicted hooker" is a headline I would not expect to see, unless 50 or 60 of them died in a row. this, in case I am misunderstood, is mostly hyperbole

She posted in the comments of this article saying that Dean hated drug dealers.

One can hate the tobacco industry and still be a smoker.

While I for sure see how it's easy to get all worked up into the whole 'Black Widow' thing, via reading the media, the fact is that people who take heroin die. All the time. Especially people who aren't used it, or are also high on other drugs.

It's just misogyny. The poor, poor yacht-owning Google executive was callously murdered by an evil b*tch.

Heroin withdrawal isn't fun. But it's not particularly deadly like alcohol or benzo withdrawal. That's an interesting question on how it's handled in jail. Do they go to medical or left to suffer in their cell?

Probably differs form jail to jail, but they frequently let them sweat it out in their cells. (My sister is a heroin addict and has detoxed in many a jail.)

It's just misogyny. The poor, poor yacht-owning Google executive was callously murdered by an evil b*tch.

Well. On the other side of it, she did inject him with an illegal substance (this is not in question, IMO) and then leave him there to die (again, not much in question). Negligent homicide, minimum. Manslaughter though is the path I'm feeling justice ought to go down at this point.

Any death that occurs in the commission of a crime is felony murder. jmo

I'm presuming on tape it shows him allowing her to inject him. For her part if he was high then she wouldn't have had to do too much for her $1000 as it makes you lethargic. I'm still thinking about the whole lot being on video. Did he like to watch his encounters later in a *advertiser censored* session. Why would you set cameras up to tape your sexual encounters?

Well. On the other side of it, she did inject him with an illegal substance (this is not in question, IMO) and then leave him there to die (again, not much in question). Negligent homicide, minimum. Manslaughter though is the path I'm feeling justice ought to go down at this point.

I'm in complete agreement.

I'm presuming on tape it shows him allowing her to inject him. For her part if he was high then she wouldn't have had to do too much for her $1000 as it makes you lethargic. I'm still thinking about the whole lot being on video. Did he like to watch his encounters later in a *advertiser censored* session. Why would you set cameras up to tape your sexual encounters?

I assume the cameras were surveillance cameras for security and were in a non-private part of the boat. Like a living room or whatever a living room would be on a boat.

I'm in complete agreement.

I assume the cameras were surveillance cameras for security and were in a non-private part of the boat. Like a living room or whatever a living room would be on a boat.

I read that the camera system was installed by the google guy so that while his boat was being remodeled, he could watch the progress on his phone - absolutely the kind of geeky thing people do out here. Maybe he also liked having his liaisons in the boat so he could watch them later too, ick. Anyway, the police have unusually good footage to back up their statements.

Curious how much of a user he was as she was the one to inject the heroin into him. Granted, it appears he wanted it, however, it is interesting that he didn't do it himself. And again with the previous death that occurred from her giving the injection. Also curious, just for the sake of argument, what charges she would be facing had he injected himself with heroin she provided? In some jurisdictions, failure to call 911 is more likely the lack of a moral obligation than a crime.

:waitasec:

MOO

When she met with the Google exec, she prepared the heroin on the yacht.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/07/14/the-black-widow-of-silicon-valley.html

The video was clear enough that the detectives could make out the distinctive tattoos on a young dark-haired woman, who performed the age-old junkie ritual of converting the heroin into liquid and filling a syringe. She first injected herself, though the camera angle made it difficult to see exactly where.

Curious how much of a user he was as she was the one to inject the heroin into him. Granted, it appears he wanted it, however, it is interesting that he didn't do it himself. And again with the previous death that occurred from her giving the injection. Also curious, just for the sake of argument, what charges she would be facing had he injected himself with heroin she provided? In some jurisdictions, failure to call 911 is more likely the lack of a moral obligation than a crime.

MOO

I thought I read this was the first time (and last time) the Google exec and the GA club owner had tried heroin.

http://www.tradeonlytoday.com/2014/07/video-boats-security-cameras-evidence-google-execs-death/

Among the amenities listed for the luxury cruiser, many of them upgrades that Hayes installed after he purchased it, are two Cummins twin diesel engines, Hunter Douglas Hi/Lo Pleaded Shades —which Tichelman allegedly closed to hide Hayes’body from passersby —and three thermal night vision cameras, which police say provided crucial evidence leading to Tichelman’s arrest.

I thought I read this was the first time (and last time) the Google exec and the GA club owner had tried heroin.
Thanks! That would explain why she was the one to inject him and may also explain why he died if his system wasn't used to it.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper
Back