GUILTY CA - Gabriel Fernandez, 8, tortured to death, Palmdale, 22 May 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
An emotional grandfather of Gabriel Fernandez took the stand Monday in Downtown L.A in the child’s murder case.

Robert Fernandez broke down several times during the testimony where he spoke about a custody battle that allowed the boy to move back in with his accused killers.

The boy had lived with Fernandez and his late wife for nearly eight years and thought they had complete custody of him until the mother said he wanted him back.

The boy’s mother and her boyfriend eventually took Gabriel back and deputies told Fernandez their custody was not valid and the mother had the legal right to take her son back.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017...iving-8-year-old-boys-custody-back-to-mother/

An emotional grandfather of Gabriel Fernandez took the stand Monday in Downtown L.A in the child’s murder case.

Robert Fernandez broke down several times during the testimony where he spoke about a custody battle that allowed the boy to move back in with his accused killers.

The boy had lived with Fernandez and his late wife for nearly eight years and thought they had complete custody of him until the mother said he wanted him back.

The boy’s mother and her boyfriend eventually took Gabriel back and deputies told Fernandez their custody was not valid and the mother had the legal right to take her son back.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017...iving-8-year-old-boys-custody-back-to-mother/

I had read he was raised by her parents and only recently had got him back. She didn't bond to him. Why did she want him??? She should have left him there. It kills me that this poor little boy was decently treated and then snatched back by her to suffer ungodly torture!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you again LaborRNNurse for the updates on little Gabriel!

Anything from yesterday? Is the State ready to rest? Wonder "what" the defense might have....

TIA!

Thank you again LaborRNNurse for the updates on little Gabriel!

Anything from yesterday? Is the State ready to rest? Wonder "what" the defense might have....

TIA!

:tyou:

From what I understand, the prosecution has rested and we will be moving into the defense portion of the trial. This info is from Gabriel's Justice Facebook. The woman who started Gabriel's Justice is in court everyday and does a video rap up. I'm looking for the info in MSM now.

"LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The prosecution rested its case Wednesday against a man accused of killing his girlfriend's son and closed with a detective who listed all the items the man is said to have used to torture the child."

http://abc7.com/metal-bbs-wooden-bat-used-to-torture-palmdale-boy-prosecution-says/2593965/

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Los Angeles County sheriff's detective testified in court Tuesday and played three interviews he had with a man suspected of murdering an 8-year-old boy in Palmdale.
http://abc7.com/recorded-interviews...killing-palmdale-boy-played-in-court/2589620/
There is an video of an interview the sheriff had with Aguirre at the link.

Thankyou very much labordayRN you have really been amazing keeping this thread going for Gabriel all this time. These child cases really get to me but I feel like I have to stand witness right till the end. A lot of people didn't want to listen to the things that were happening to this sweet boy when he was alive. I feel like all I can do is listen now he's gone, and watch justice served on his behalf.

Thankyou very much labordayRN you have really been amazing keeping this thread going for Gabriel all this time. These child cases really get to me but I feel like I have to stand witness right till the end. A lot of people didn't want to listen to the things that were happening to this sweet boy when he was alive. I feel like all I can do is listen now he's gone, and watch justice served on his behalf.

Thank you for your kind words bleuboy. I know what you mean about the cases involving children being difficult. The things this sweet little boy suffered are horrific. He will always have a place in my heart. I wish there would have been something that could have been done, that someone in authority would have taken action, would have truly listened and saved him from the things he suffered. But now I, like you, feel that the least I can do is bear witness and continue to pray for justice.

I think that's so. I'm glad to see more websleuth members posting since the trial. I know these threads with children really take a lot out of me so I do understand why some don't follow them. I just can't let them go once I've read them until the end.

Another case brought me over to this one. I can’t even imagine what this little boy was subjected to and his siblings having to keep quiet or else they would get the same. You can’t put that on the other kids, they can’t comprehend any part of any of this. My god. What a cruel, horrific, and terrifying 8 months this poor boy had. I find comfort in knowing that there were people who tried to help him, that he wasn’t always treated this way. I don’t get why his “mother” wanted him back? I’m sure it was a because I can that’s why. Thank you all for your diligence to this poor boy. At least he’s not in pain. I hope these two “adult type figures” spend their remaining days on earth in their own special hell, but unfortunately I just don’t think they can. If you can do that to a child, then you have no soul.

Another case brought me over to this one. I can’t even imagine what this little boy was subjected to and his siblings having to keep quiet or else they would get the same. You can’t put that on the other kids, they can’t comprehend any part of any of this. My god. What a cruel, horrific, and terrifying 8 months this poor boy had. I find comfort in knowing that there were people who tried to help him, that he wasn’t always treated this way. I don’t get why his “mother ” wanted him back? I’m sure it was a because I can that’s why. Thank you all for your diligence to this poor boy. At least he’s not in pain. I hope these two “adult type figures” spend their remaining days on earth in their own special hell, but unfortunately I just don’t think they can. If you can do that to a child, then you have no soul.

BBM

On April 26, 2013, Martinez said he was working as a security guard at an office for the Department of Public Social Services in Palmdale. He told the jury Pearl Fernandez showed up to file public assistance paperwork. She was with her children: Gabriel, two other boys and a girl.

http://abc7.com/guard-called-911-about-palmdale-boy-was-told-it-wasnt-emergency/2563246/

My best guess for why she wanted him back is in red above. They wanted a pay raise. Another child a bigger check, more food stamps and gee he was old enough to be “house broken” and to able to start doing some “chores around the house. Grandma and Grandpa had already done the “heavy lifting” years of raising him. The had him from the time he was 2 months old until he was in school. She was ready to reap the rewards.

JMHO

Isn't the Defense presenting their case now? Didn't the State rest.... or am I thinking of another trial I'm following? :thinking:

Isn't the Defense presenting their case now? Didn't the State rest.... or am I thinking of another trial I'm following? :thinking:

You are right miner it is the defenses turn. I will have a look now.

I'm sorry I didn't update today. The defense is now presenting their side. I worked a 13 hour shift today and just got home. I'm going to check for news reports.

I'm sorry I didn't update today. The defense is now presenting their side. I worked a 13 hour shift today and just got home. I'm going to check for news reports.

Don't apologize. You update when you can and we all very much appreciate it. Gabriel's case is a tough one for me but I am following along with you all through headlines. Even though I don't find time to get in here and follow with you all as often as I'd like.

Defense Seeks to Convince Jury of Defendant's Remorse in 8-Year-Old Boy's Death

Detective Uribe testified earlier that he hadn’t seen Aguirre crying in videotaped portions of interviews played during the prosecution’s case.

Defense attorney Michael Sklar played other videotaped segments of those interviews, in which Aguirre could be seen repeatedly using his hands and shirt to wipe tears from his eyes and covering his face with his hands.

At one point, Aguirre can be heard saying, “I just want to go see (Gabriel).”

Both sides accused the other of misleading the jury as to Aguirre’s emotional state by selectively editing portions of the interviews. Sklar asked to play the videotapes in their entirety for the jury, something the judge had already ruled against during pretrial motions.

On cross-examination, Deputy District Attorney Jonathan Hatami asked Uribe whether suspects sometimes cry about their own predicament, out of fear for the consequences.

“Yes,” Uribe said.

http://theavtimes.com/2017/11/06/de...-defendants-remorse-in-8-year-old-boys-death/

On re-direct, Sklar got the same answer to a question about whether suspects sometimes cry out of remorse.

Over Sklar’s objections, Hatami also asked Uribe during his cross- examination about the nature of Gabriel’s injuries.

“They were the worst injuries I’ve ever seen on a child,” said Uribe, who has worked for the sheriff’s Special Victims Bureau for 10 years.

http://theavtimes.com/2017/11/06/de...-defendants-remorse-in-8-year-old-boys-death/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jro74
Back