GUILTY CA - Gabriel Fernandez, 8, tortured to death, Palmdale, 22 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The verdict that serves the ends of justice is DEATH!! Exactly what unfortunately little Gabriel got....

So - this is from yesterday? If so, then the jurors are probably going to get instructions and start deliberating, eh?

and Thanks Grouchymom for the updated article! Wonder why I can't ever find "recent" articles.... :dunno:
[/FONT]

Yes that was Monday’s closing arguments. YW Niner I think my IPad Pro must have a bonus crime searching feature LOL that works great for me since I am a hoarder of all things court related.

Deliberations began today.
Jurors held their first day of deliberations Tuesday in the trial of a 37-year-old security guard charged, along with his girlfriend, with the torture-murder of her 8-year-old son in their Palmdale home.
The jurors went home Tuesday afternoon without reaching a verdict. They will resume deliberations Wednesday.
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/11/14/jury-deliberations-torture-killing/

Thanks for the updates ladies. I have been here but I was that angry and upset I was scared that I would write something that would get me banned.
I don't know how long the jurors had today for deliberations because has like we have said there has been very little publicity for Gabriel.
I really hope he gets DP or LWOP for what he has put that precious boy through.
I've found this case so hard to read so it makes me feel sick thinking about Gabriel living this horror that we only have to read, for 8 long months he went through this.

[h=1]Lancaster considers 'Gabriel's Law' in hopes of preventing another child's death[/h]
By Anabel Munoz

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 09:57PM
[FONT=&quot]The heartbreaking death of Palmdale boy Gabriel Fernandez has leaders in one Southern California community looking for ways to better protect children like Gabriel.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Lancaster Councilmember Angela Underwood Jacobs recalled learning about the death of the 8-year-old boy in 2013.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"When you hear of something so horrendous, you almost go into a thought that, 'This can't be, this can't be real, it can't be true,' or, 'Who would do such a thing?'" said Underwood Jacobs................ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Underwood Jacobs wants to draft an ordinance that would require the county Department of Children and Family Services in Lancaster to go one step further in record-keeping, with digital recordings of its investigations. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]"Anytime that you are handwriting a scenario, if you will, there's an interpretation or a perception of what it is you believe yourself to hear," she said.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Underwood added that keeping only written records allows for emotions to get lost in these kinds of investigations.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As a mother, she said, it's been difficult to consider what "could have been" in Fernandez' case. She wants to make sure it doesn't happen again.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"My thought is that going forward, if we're able to save at least one child, we're doing better than we were compared to 2013," she said.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
http://abc7.com/proposed-gabriels-law-would-require-dcfs-to-keep-digital-records/2649164/

I apologize if this was posted earlier, if it was I missed it.
:heartbeat:

So the jurors have been deliberating today for about 2 hours? Do I have my time zone correctly?? LOL!

Per Gabriel's Justice Facebook page.............VERDICT HAS BEEN REACHED! We should hear it this afternoon. I'm hoping it will be broadcast live somewhere. I'll see if I can find something!

Oh my. I had no idea how this would affect me. I literally have chills. Feeling very emotional here.

do you have a link to the FB page? please, Thank you!

There is a local news broadcast on at that time. KTLA in Los Angeles. I'm hoping they will have it live.

:waiting:

Anything?? I don't get local news here!

k - my mistake earlier - I thought it was past 1:45pm there - it's only 1:10pm......

and thanks for the link LaborDayRN!

Thanks for the updates ladies. I have been here but I was that angry and upset I was scared that I would write something that would get me banned.
I don't know how long the jurors had today for deliberations because has like we have said there has been very little publicity for Gabriel.
I really hope he gets DP or LWOP for what he has put that precious boy through.
I've found this case so hard to read so it makes me feel sick thinking about Gabriel living this horror that we only have to read, for 8 long months he went through this.

bbm

Same here, I could only check on the progress of this case about once a week or less often than that -- I just couldn't read about it every day -- after following sweet Teghan Skiba's case (horrible abuse, physically & sexually; her killer is now on Death Row here in NC), I just couldn't put myself through another unbelievable child-abuse horror. I know that's weak and it's not being a good witness for this sweet angel, but ...

And you especially nailed it, bleuboy, when you wrote, "this horror that we only have to read."

Pleading for second degree murder -- WTF is that all about? OMG.

A thousand deaths is too easy for those two. IMO.

:gaah: I can't see anything on the link you posted!! Need a flash something - no time to install right now!

You all better post here what the Verdict is.... Let me guess - GUILTY!!!!!!!!!

JUSTICE for GABRIEL!!

:judge:

We're live in the courtroom now...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member