CA CA - Gavin Cusi Octaviano, 22, Golden Gate Bridge Area, San Francisco, 23 Nov 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

cybervampira

Reaction score
Family of Missing UCI Student is Desperate For Help in Search

Gavin Cusi Octaviano, a 22-year-old biology student at the University of California, Irvine, has reportedly been missing since Friday afternoon.

He was reportedly last seen at around 5:20 p.m. at the north parking lot area of the Golden Gate Bridge Area in San Francisco, California.

That day, Octaviano was reportedly wearing a heather gray North Face hoodie, a black and blue plaid flannel shirt, dark blue jeans, and black and white Nike Free shoes.

upload_2018-11-27_21-38-47.jpeg

Oh it said “so and so was with Gavin” 47 minutes ago and I thought that meant they had to be together for it to post as that. I don’t Facebook so I assumed. Dang it.
Right, it just means they posted and tagged him in the post. If he had posted it his name would have come first.

<modsnipped reddit is not an approved source here>

Last edited by a moderator:
Video at link.

Family continues search for missing UC Irvine student

[...]

“He is very selfless,” Veena Octaviano, Gavin’s sister, said. “He's very kind-hearted. He has the biggest smile that everybody remembers.”

Gavin’s family fears he may not be with them on Christmas morning.

“And it's hard because people keep saying he's 22, he's probably just out there like not wanting to deal with his family,” Veena said. “That's not our brother cause if it was we wouldn't be making this a big deal that we are.”

“I was like be safe we love you, let us know if you need anything and then he just went out the door,” Steffi Octaviano Gines, Gavin’s sister, said.

[...]

So I'll address the elephant in the room, which is most people who travel to the bridge and then disappear near or on it have jumped over it. It is well covered by CCTV and human surveillance. It is curious that there has been no mention of what LE is doing to investigate - has any of this footage been looked at (I have to think it has). I also wonder if they know he went over and haven't told the family until they can recover his body. According to wikipedia, the barrier project is still not completed, so there is no net in place. Less than 25% of people who jump are recovered. The Missing Pieces flyer says he was seen again by a passing motorist around 9:30pm near the parking lot on the Marin County side, disoriented and walking in the direction of ' the tunnel' so he was potentially around there for 4+ hours. So which tunnel?

What about his phone, student ID, drivers license? Did he drive there and leave a car? Does he have roomates or a dorm, and has anyone turned on his computer or tried to access his facebook messages? (It sounds like he left a home where his sister was)

Here is a Facebook page for him:
Come Home, Gavin

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Venusflytrap100