GUILTY CA - Gavin Smith, 57, Oak Park, 1 May 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, it's been nearly a month since the search of the Hummer…no news yet!!!!

Is anyone else thinking that perhaps Gavin is still alive and in hiding? So many questions, no answers.

Is anyone else thinking that perhaps Gavin is still alive and in hiding? So many questions, no answers.

Yes, I have thought that. The reason I thought that was because of the way Gavin's son Evan was acting. He wouldn't say happy father's day to his dad on Twitter, instead just making a generalized statement to all fathers. He has made several cryptic statements on his Twitter account. He just sounds more angry at a father who chose to leave than of a father who is missing.

That and the fact the family set up a website after Gavin disappeared, but never updated it, or responded to any of the people who wrote asking for instructions on where to look for Gavin. They were trying to get search parties together, and the family never responded.

I still think there is a possibility he is hiding in Mexico, especially when I hear about all the money he took out of his 401k and letting his house go into foreclosure…where did the house payments go?

That is just my take on it. I go back and forth. All this John Creech business makes me lean toward him being dead, but if that is the case, there had to be more than one person involved to move a large man like Gavin, get rid of the car and disappear without anyone seeing anything.

Stay tuned Websleuths. I heard a rumor i consider reliable, that case may be solved very soon.

The article says the car was found in a facility linked to John Creech, per your link

After finding the Mercedes Benz on Feb. 21 in a facility linked to John Creech, who remains jailed for his drug conviction, investigators served "several search warrants" in the San Fernando Valley as part of their investigation, sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said.

"Based on the vehicle’s condition and information developed from persons cooperating in the investigation," Smith's disappearance is now being investigated as a homicide, a sheriff's statement said. It had been publicly characterized as a missing persons case.

I'm so glad the sheriff's dept. has continued to investigate his disappearance instead of writing it off as a missing person case.

Well at least maybe Lisa can get his retirement and death benefits instead of having to wait 5 years to have him declared dead. I know this is not the outcome the family was wanting.

I hope the cops put a whole lot of pressure on Chandrika and John.

Porter Ranch is roughly around the 118 just abutting Northridge and Granada Hills. It's actual boundaries change depending on whether you are talking to the post office or a realtor. Porter Ranch tends to be considered upscale so some bordering areas get "bumped" to Porter Ranch status if they are for sale (if you catch my drift).

It is about a 15 minute drive from the Creech's, maybe less if no traffic.

Let me add: Porter Ranch is generally a nice area and I have to think that if a car was parked there it had to be at the big shopping center (there is a large shopping center at Rinaldi and Corbin area) or maybe back on Sesnon by one of the walking trails. Any other car would probably stand out in memory for the people living up there.
In the 90s it was rumored that some rich gang people lived up there and had normal family lives and everything (I guess they commuted to work) so I suppose it is possible that the car was parked in some bad guy's suburban garage, I guess.

I will say it again, this is more than a one person job. Gavin was a big guy. Whoever killed him had help, especially if the murder took place in an upscale community, where time was of the essence to get the body and car out of the area before the cops came by patrolling.

I hope we find out if John intercepted a text message meant for Chandy and decided to end this affair once and for all. Did Chandy know about this and stood by, or even helped?

I just read on the Daily Beast that it was a tipster that led police to the storage locker and that evidence of Gavin's death was found at numerous locations. The police saying that Gavin's cellphone ping was bouncing all over the valley on May 1st now makes more sense.

The Daily Beast article is by one of my favorite journalists, Christine Pelisek.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...th-missing-exec-now-it-s-a-homicide-case.html

Gavin Smith, Missing Exec: Now It’s a Homicide Case
by Christine Pelisek Mar 14, 2013 5:30 PM EDT

When movie exec Gavin Smith disappeared last spring, his trail quickly went cold. Now new evidence points to homicide—and a convicted drug dealer. Christine Pelisek reports.

"Police have yet to recover Smith’s body, but Dolson said that additional but unspecified evidence pointing to a homicide was found at “numerous locations.” Police also suspect that other people may have been involved “in the aftermath of moving the body.”"

More ...

Hopefully now that they seem to have so much evidence of foul play, they can locate his body and give this family closure. I think because Gavin was a tv exec, this trial will be high profile, so hopefully, we will find out just how this crime was committed and who was involved. JMO

I know it's morbid, but I am really excited to hear the particulars of this one. Was he lured to his death? Was this whole thing a setup from the first text message? Who texted who first?

Christine of The Beast and I were in touch by email early on. I told her from Day 1 that if anyone of the two POI's killed Gavin, or had him killed, it was Chandrika.

With Jodi Arias, we can know how violent a woman scorned can be to a man, but yes, she had to have help, but still...

I know it's morbid, but I am really excited to hear the particulars of this one. Was he lured to his death? Was this whole thing a setup from the first text message? Who texted who first?

I know what you mean, we work these cases and most the time we don't know what really happened. Of those who disappeared and have been found, we never hear why they disappeared or where they were or how it came about they were found and if they are deceased, we rarely hear the details as to what happened to them. Sometimes when we do, it's in general terms. kwim??

I know what you mean, we work these cases and most the time we don't know what really happened. Of those who disappeared and have been found, we never hear why they disappeared or where they were or how it came about they were found and if they are deceased, we rarely hear the details as to what happened to them. Sometimes when we do, it's in general terms. kwim??

Yeah I do. I am pretty sure we will hear about who rolled over on who before too long. If there are witnesses, then people have been pressured enough to start talking. I doubt two of those people were John and Chandrika however.

It certainly sounds like blood evidence has been found in that car and other places. It sounds like he may have been executed. Anyway, the cellphone pings bouncing all over the valley must have been someone driving Gavin's car and his body different places.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurse4home
Back