GUILTY CA - Gavin Smith, 57, Oak Park, 1 May 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She meets Gavin in 2008, starts an affair which continues on and off, yet still gets married in 2009. I'll refrain from saying more.

Someone correct me if I am wrong here, but if Gavin and Chandrika had texted each other that last night, wouldn't the police know their conversations?

I know Gavin's phone has never been found, but they could have got the conversations off Chandrika's phone OR

Remember during the Casey Anthony case where she lied about losing her phones and all that crap. The cops still were able to get all of her text messages.

I wonder if the cops could retrieve all of Gavin's text messages from his provider???

Seven Months Later, Disappearance of Gavin Smith Remains an Excruciating Mystery

FishbowlLA reached out to America’s Most Wanted to find out whether an October 12 segment about the case elicited any solid leads. We’ve also tried, without success at press time, to get comment from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s detective overseeing the investigation. If we hear back from either party, this item will be updated below.

Smith’s 58th birthday just around the corner December 10.

Maybe the storms in the area could uncover something?? :(

I just can't believe it has been 8 months with nothing to go on. He is either hiding or someone hid him really well……and the car. He was such a big man, I just can't understand how he was overtaken if someone killed him. I don't believe one person could do that alone. He would've had to be in a secluded location where no one else could witness it. The car would have been taken and his body hid. This wasn't a small child but a very tall, strong man.

Overtaken? He could've been shot. And one of the POIs, John, matches him pretty well on height and weight, and is younger.

Moo

And unfortunately, there are a lot of canyons, washes, dry creeks, caves etc in the SF Valley and LA area. Yes, it is the city, but there are still plenty of wild areas that someone can get lost in. Even worse, within a few hours you can be in the Mojave desert where there are even more places to hide things.

I just can't believe it has been 8 months with nothing to go on. He is either hiding or someone hid him really well……and the car. He was such a big man, I just can't understand how he was overtaken if someone killed him. I don't believe one person could do that alone. He would've had to be in a secluded location where no one else could witness it. The car would have been taken and his body hid. This wasn't a small child but a very tall, strong man.

Speculating here, but if he had been incapacitated by drugs (e.g., passed out or in a fog), it's possible that it could have been easy (or easier). As another poster mentioned, shooting him (especially if he were caught by surprise, ambushed, etc.), would work, too.

For anyone interested, Gavin's sister, Tara and brother, Greg, along with other family and friends are going to hold a candlelight vigil in honor of Gavin, on the eve of his birthday, this Sunday, December 9th, at 7pm. It will be held on Fallbrook Ave, north of Roscoe, in West Hills, Ca. They are welcoming all who have prayed for Gavin and their family and followed this case. Apparently this location was chosen because it has some significance to this case, but what the significance is has not been disclosed at this time.

Unfortunately, people's personal behaviors sometimes get them (and therefore their families as well) into dire straights. The wife, more than the sister, would know more about Gavin's personal behaviors.

After all, they lived together for many years up to two weeks before he disappeared and he's not likely to let on to his sister that he had two lovers outside his marriage, given how religious she is and he wasn't. The main reason that Lisa knew was, she snooped into his computer, etc.

The entire TRUTH is important to come out in order to find out what happened, never mind Gavin's reputation as the perfect husband. Tara was not living with her brother. Lisa was.

It is also possible that Tara was Gavin's confidant. She may have known all along about the trouble in his marriage. Who will offer unconditional love more than your sibling? It would be very hard to be open with your wife about your lovers, but a trusted sister could be the only person he felt safe being himself to. Time after time spouses are blindsided when they learn about other relationships, it isn't that hard to hide, but most people need someone to talk honestly to. Who better than his only sister?

It would depend on when Gavin told Chandie that he was going to be setting Melanie up in a home with her kids if that is what he did. I do not understand this at all, since he was unable to keep paying the mortgage on his own home with wife and kids, but some men will promise anything to keep a woman on a string for favors.

Chandie has known for several months that her husband, John, would be going back to prison for the drug charge and that she would be alone again with her kids for 4-10 years. If she had planned on Gavin moving in with her after John went back to prison, but then Gavin told her no because of Melanie, then there might have been a potentially MAJOR anger issue between them.

I'm new here, so I am reading all of this at once and trying to piece things together. Just a thought, but, it seems to read that Gavin and Chandie had a relationship several years ago. That may all be well in the past. Something I haven't seen discussed is that maybe the relationship between Chandie, John and Gavin was of another nature. Somewhere I read that Gavin and Chandie had met in rehab or at some sort of rehab meeting group. Could John's drug dealing business be the missing link here? Maybe Gavin was buying drugs from John and Chandie. Or could Gavin have been trying to make money to save his house from foreclosure and gotten in business with John or selling drugs for him? Could there be drugs missing or money owed? This may have nothing to do with a love triangle, jealousy or any emotional tie. It is easy to focus on that because it is more tabloid type interesting, but is this possibly a business or drug deal gone terribly wrong? Just trying to think outside the box.

I'm new here, so I am reading all of this at once and trying to piece things together. Just a thought, but, it seems to read that Gavin and Chandie had a relationship several years ago. That may all be well in the past. Something I haven't seen discussed is that maybe the relationship between Chandie, John and Gavin was of another nature. Somewhere I read that Gavin and Chandie had met in rehab or at some sort of rehab meeting group. Could John's drug dealing business be the missing link here? Maybe Gavin was buying drugs from John and Chandie. Or could Gavin have been trying to make money to save his house from foreclosure and gotten in business with John or selling drugs for him? Could there be drugs missing or money owed? This may have nothing to do with a love triangle, jealousy or any emotional tie. It is easy to focus on that because it is more tabloid type interesting, but is this possibly a business or drug deal gone terribly wrong? Just trying to think outside the box.

Great post! And welcome! :)

The police determined that Chandie was the last number Gavin called before he disappeared. I just have a feeling Gavin was messing around with her and this other woman.

For anyone interested, Gavin's sister, Tara and brother, Greg, along with other family and friends are going to hold a candlelight vigil in honor of Gavin, on the eve of his birthday, this Sunday, December 9th, at 7pm. It will be held on Fallbrook Ave, north of Roscoe, in West Hills, Ca. They are welcoming all who have prayed for Gavin and their family and followed this case. Apparently this location was chosen because it has some significance to this case, but what the significance is has not been disclosed at this time.

Hmmm ... mapquest says that location is an 8 minute drive northeast of Gavin's home.
And then a 4 minute drive northeast of there to the Creech home.

I wonder if the significance has something to do with his cell phone records ...
like a last or long phone call or extended stop ... or maybe a cell tower ping
... or maybe the last place his car was caught on traffic video or store video
... or mayge his last stop was at a bank machine there or something like that ???

I don't believe in coincidences. Chandrika's phone was the last number dialed by Gavin. I do believe that either Chandrika and/or her husband had something to do with Gavin's disappearance….or they have first hand knowledge of his fate.

Shallow grave being investigated this morning on Big Tujunga Canyon Rd in Angeles Crest Forest at mile marker 292. This is near Sylmar, where the last ping from Gavin's phone was registered. LE has also been interested in Angeles Crest Forest in the past regarding this case. Wondering if there is any connection.

I can't find anything about this. All KTLA wants to discuss is the Oscars. Nothing in the LA times that I could find.

Hopefully it is him so Lisa and the boys can have some closure.

Sarah Alarid is being mentioned on the news. She is a 19 year old who went missing on New Year's eve after a fight with her boyfriend. They are saying the disturbed dirt looks recent.

I haven't heard anything locally on the id of the body found when they were looking for Sarah Alarid. Is there an update somewhere??? TIA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKT
Back