GUILTY CA - Gavin Smith, 57, Oak Park, 1 May 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Now his wife, Lisa, said her handsome 6’6” husband had a shocking secret life of extramarital affairs, money woes and drug addiction.* *

Lisa told INSIDE EDITION’s Jim Moret, “Do I feel betrayed? Of course, I loved him dearly.”

Now his wife Lisa told Moret she can finally come out with what she believes is the truth about her husband's double life, something she was not comfortable talking about when he first disppeared.

Moret asked, “Do you believe your husband was murdered?”

Lisa said, “Yes, I still believe it. I don't picture him walking in and saying 'I’m sorry I just needed a breather.' It is just not going to happen, it is just not who he was. I am prepared, and the children are prepared for the worst.”

She now says that her 57-year-old husband had at least two affairs. She wouldn't speculate whether she thinks those affairs or drug problems had anything to do with the mystery.

Moret asked, “Why didn't you come out sooner with this revelation?”
more here

OK, LE on "America's Most Wanted" show tonight say that both John and Chandie Creech are POIs and that the last 3 calls Gavin made were near their home the night Gavin disappeared and were to Chandie.

They are POIs also partly because they both hired lawyers (John would already have had one for the pending drug conviction) and both refused lie detector tests.

Well now we know who Gavin was trying to call or did call several times that night.

All of this latest rag stuff coming-out in print and on TV...I wonder how the ppl who invested their valuable time & energy searching the hills and elsewhere feel now.

It also looks like Gavin's wife and sister are at some odds; in fact, it's always looked like that to me.

The truth is what matters and should have been said from the beginning, not all the skirting at the start, not all of this fluff stuff so many months later.

Once again, this man is NOT a Hollywood personality, just because he had a job distributing movies to the midwest.

He's just an ordinary man with his flaws not unlike many of us, and is missing and needs to be found.

~jmo~

Unfortunately, people's personal behaviors sometimes get them (and therefore their families as well) into dire straights. The wife, more than the sister, would know more about Gavin's personal behaviors.

After all, they lived together for many years up to two weeks before he disappeared and he's not likely to let on to his sister that he had two lovers outside his marriage, given how religious she is and he wasn't. The main reason that Lisa knew was, she snooped into his computer, etc.

The entire TRUTH is important to come out in order to find out what happened, never mind Gavin's reputation as the perfect husband. Tara was not living with her brother. Lisa was.

Yes, the truth is what matters when trying to find a missing person. We now know that Chandrika was the last person Gavin called, several times. AMW didn't say whether he actually talked to her. That could be surmised by how long the phone calls lasted.

I just wonder if he left that house thinking he was going to meet her and instead met up with someone else. Maybe he texted her and her phone was intercepted by someone else pretending to be her.

The fact that both Chandie and John refuse to take polygraphs tells me they both know something.

Could Chandie have found out about Melanie?

Could Chandie have found out about Melanie?

If she did, IMO, that's a perfect motive to set him up to be 'hit' or shooting him herself at a location away from her home. Hell hath nor fury like a woman scorned...

If she did, IMO, that's a perfect motive to set him up to be 'hit' or shooting him herself at a location away from her home. Hell hath nor fury like a woman scorned...

From what Lisa said in that interview with the DailyMail, it sounded like Melanie had been in the picture awhile.

From what Lisa said in that interview with the DailyMail, it sounded like Melanie had been in the picture awhile.

It would depend on when Gavin told Chandie that he was going to be setting Melanie up in a home with her kids if that is what he did. I do not understand this at all, since he was unable to keep paying the mortgage on his own home with wife and kids, but some men will promise anything to keep a woman on a string for favors.

Chandie has known for several months that her husband, John, would be going back to prison for the drug charge and that she would be alone again with her kids for 4-10 years. If she had planned on Gavin moving in with her after John went back to prison, but then Gavin told her no because of Melanie, then there might have been a potentially MAJOR anger issue between them.

It would depend on when Gavin told Chandie that he was going to be setting Melanie up in a home with her kids if that is what he did. I do not understand this at all, since he was unable to keep paying the mortgage on his own home with wife and kids, but some men will promise anything to keep a woman on a string for favors.

Chandie has known for several months that her husband, John, would be going back to prison for the drug charge and that she would be alone again with her kids for 4-10 years. If she had planned on Gavin moving in with her after John went back to prison, but then Gavin told her no because of Melanie, then there might have been a potentially MAJOR anger issue between them.

If Gavin's house had gone into forclosure, they likely haven't been making those mortgage payments.

Wasn't it John Creech's friend who said that John was never a person of interest and the police never asked to speak to him about Gavin? That isn't how it sounded on AMW.

Wasn't it John Creech's friend who said that John was never a person of interest and the police never asked to speak to him about Gavin? That isn't how it sounded on AMW.

I'm not sure I know what 'friend' you're talking about. John's lawyer said he was not questioned about Gavin's disappearance.

Sounded like from the AMW piece that Chandie hired a lawyer as soon as it happened and her home was raided. Does anyone know if they are both using Teola for their lawyer? Or does she have a different lawyer?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/22/gavin-smiths-relationship_n_1619094.html

From the beginning in the media, Chandie appeared to be the focus of the searches, IMO. John Creech, was just a BTW, he lives there also and he's awaiting sentencing on an unrelated drug charge.

That's the way I hear most of the media report(s) (link above), but then some folks here hear things a bit differently. If the last calls from Gavin's phone were to Chandies phone/house from a spot nearby, so then John would be included in their interest since he lives there also.

I just wish LE and/or John's lawyer would confirm if John Creech <modsnip>.

Help find Gavin Smith - missing since May 1 2012 - YouTube

"I want my children to treasure their wonderful memories of their dad, u know and I want to have those fill our hearts for the rest of our lives
Lisa, crying

Per the video, in April 2012, Lisa found out Gavin was having an affair, and he moved out.

I was finding out more & more secrets that I didn't know abt & then also confirmations of some of my worst fears. While I was at the Sheriff's station, one of the things they told me while I was there made me extremely concerned that my husband's lifestyle and some of these secrets had potentially caused some horrible thing to happen to him.

Detectives say Gavin was having an on & off affair for several years
with Chandrika.

Gavin's last 3 phone calls on his cellphone were to Chandrika Creech's cellphone. We know that Gavin was near the Creech residence when those calls were placed. John & Chandrika are the only two people that refused to take polygraph exams, out of all the people we've interviewed and the only two people to retain attorneys and request that we no longer talk to them. That is what makes Chandrika & John Creech POI's.
Direct quote from LE

Quote:
Gavin's last 3 phone calls on his cellphone were to Chandrika Creech's cellphone. We know that Gavin was near the Creech residence when those calls were placed. John & Chandrika are the only two people that refused to take polygraph exams, out of all the people we've interviewed and the only two people to retain attorneys and request that we no longer talk to them. That is what makes Chandrika & John Creech POI's.

I noticed that portion too when watching the youtube yesterday. This is, I believe, the first time we've seen an LE spokesperson's lips moving to the declaration. I think most will agree that such reports since early on have been inconsistent at best.

I would like to see a Criminal Defense attorney's response to LE's quote, but here's mine:

The Creeches are within their rights to retain counsel, to request that LE no longer talks to them, and to refuse polygraphs. I would do the same, if I found myself in their position.

"Person of interest" is a phrase used by law enforcement when announcing the name of someone involved in a criminal investigation who has not been arrested or formally accused of a crime. The phrase was adopted by the media and widely disseminated, thus most law enforcement agencies have picked up the term. It has no legal meaning, but it is a "catchy" term. "Law enforcement officials say that the term simply reflects the new tactics required to fight terrorism. But some legal scholars say officials are trying to create a more benign public image, even as their power expands."[1] While terms such as suspect, target, and material witness have clear and sometimes formal definitions, person of interest remains undefined by the U.S. Department of Justice.[2] It is often used as a euphemism for suspect, and can sometimes result in a trial by media.

Person of interest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

~jmo~

Now that Chandrika has been named, is she fair game?

If he has been named by LE and they are obtaining and executing search warrants, he is fair game. Not his mother, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, etc. But you bet you can sleuth him.

Go Sleuths!

Salem

Given this, and that Chandrika has been named by LE, referred to as a POI, and search warrants were for their common home, I'd say she can be sleuthed, but someone can pm a mod if you want to make sure.

I was planning on :websleuther: soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back