GUILTY CA - Gavin Smith, 57, Oak Park, 1 May 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Didn't I hear on the news that the storage locker was in Chandy's name??? If John was indeed gone to visit his mother, then everything lays at Chandy's doorstep for Gavin's disappearance. IMO.

Didn't I hear on the news that the storage locker was in Chandy's name??? If John was indeed gone to visit his mother, then everything lays at Chandy's doorstep for Gavin's disappearance. IMO.

LAPD said it was "connected to someone close to Creech". My money is it's in Chandies name.

Why on earth would anyone be so stupid as to put a dead man's car in a storage locker in their own name, when they are being investigated in his disappearance? Take off the roof rack(not so identifiable that way,) then drive the car out to the desert and set it on fire or leave it there, wiped clean of any fingerprints….anything but attach your name to it's location.

But, it did take the cops nearly a year to find it. I guess when you are on drugs all the time, your logic just isn't what it should be. LOL

We don't know for sure the locker is in her name, but I'm guessing she had access to it.

I believe it was a 'spur of the moment' volatile argument type of murder and no real planning in advance. Since there was a storage locker near (Porter Ranch) for the immediate moment, it was stashed there after dumping the body somewhere -- then all hell broke loose with LAPD searching her house, etc.

I would love to see a timeline from LE.
Okay, Gavin goes to what, the Bell Canyon area to meet up with Chandie at her house?
The car drives around the Valley, spending some time in Sylmar.
May 8th or 9th car is moved from Porter Ranch to Simi Valley storage
John Creech's SUV is hidden in Granada Hills area at a pot house?

Does anyone have a good timeline?

Also 2 important points here:
Whitmore said convicted drug dealer John Creech, who is now in county jail for an unrelated charge, eis the sole “person of interest” in the case. Smith and Creech’s wife, Chandrika, knew each other from time spent at a drug rehab center, Whitmore said.

“John Creech is a person of interest, and has been for many months,” Whitmore said. “Right now he is the only person of interest.”

The condition of the car when it was recovered by detectives in Simi Valley points to murder, Whitmore said. The evidence also pinpoints when the murder occurred, but no other details of the case are being released.

1. John is still the ONLY POI. (So do we have to stop talking about Chandie?
2. In what way does the evidence point WHEN the murder occurred. That is an interesting turn of phrase.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-03-21 at 4.39.34 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2013-03-21 at 4.39.34 PM.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 52
I think all the storage places I have seen in the Valley and in Simi are chain-type. Like Public Storage or US Storage although there might be some privately owned ones.
Anyways, all the chain ones I have seen have cameras at the entrances. Most need some sort of card/access code to get in as well. I would imagine in a big city they would also have a few cameras aimed down the aisles for security purposes. My guess is LE has some footage from that night...

I think all the storage places I have seen in the Valley and in Simi are chain-type. Like Public Storage or US Storage although there might be some privately owned ones.
Anyways, all the chain ones I have seen have cameras at the entrances. Most need some sort of card/access code to get in as well. I would imagine in a big city they would also have a few cameras aimed down the aisles for security purposes. My guess is LE has some footage from that night...

Maybe, but doubtful unless the storage units keep footage for almost a year. I hope they at least have footage of anyone who has gone to that storage unit recently.

The wording of the above linked article makes me believe that there might have been dead blow flies or maggots found in the car. We have all learned through past cases where those can provide a timeline of sorts.

I would love to see a timeline from LE.
Okay, Gavin goes to what, the Bell Canyon area to meet up with Chandie at her house?
The car drives around the Valley, spending some time in Sylmar.
May 8th or 9th car is moved from Porter Ranch to Simi Valley storage
John Creech's SUV is hidden in Granada Hills area at a pot house?

Does anyone have a good timeline?

Also 2 important points here:

1. John is still the ONLY POI. (So do we have to stop talking about Chandie?
2. In what way does the evidence point WHEN the murder occurred. That is an interesting turn of phrase.

I don't think Gavin went to Chandie's house. Could be wrong, but wasn't her mother living there at the time, not to mention the kids. Kind of awkward, unless she just met him outside.

There are just so many scenarios. The cops are saying they don't believe this had anything to do with a drug deal, so I do think it was something very personal between Chandie, John and Gavin that got him killed that night.

Who lives in Porter Ranch that would be willing to keep a bloody car hidden for over a week?

AND…..on the subject of this open marriage thing: Maybe Chandrika and John came up with that whole story to try and convince the police that her seeing Gavin on the side was no big deal to John, so the cops wouldn't look at him as a suspect.

I know that in some storage facilities in CA, there are cameras. Also you have to put a code in to open the gate and at the same time it opens the security of the area your storage locker is in. It leaves a computerized records of what units were visited in the off hours. The code must again be put in to get out of the gate once you leave, thus activiating security again in that area, once the person is finished at the locker. Usually the code includes the storage locker number that is being visited.

I think Chandy Creech Cade is the person behind this too,she is one big liar,sex addict,drug addict and I wouldn't put it past her to sleep with whomever to get what she needs to cover this up.Chandy most likely got mad because Gavin told her no more he had found someone new and she didn't like that because she was no longer the center of his attention.

All you write about Chandy, how do you know this to be accurate?

My heart goes out to his wife and sons. They've been through a lot in the past year. I pray this family heals from their loss.

Most of that article is old stuff. I hope Lisa can get on with her life and possibly find someone who will be good to her.

All you write about Chandy, how do you know this to be accurate?
Well we know she is a drug addict from the articles and we know she is a liar and assumed sex addict from her affairs... The reason that she causes so much suspicion is that it doesn't make any sense that John would kill for a woman he never really loved. Especially with the sentence he had coming already... You don't live in the same house and date other people openly if there is any love. However due to financial restraints and for the sake of their daughter I guess this was the solution they found to make things work... Also how stupid would John have to be to put this car in someones storage unit he knows... For all we know Chandy has a "close" relationship with the storage facility owner as well.... and she set John up... Easy to set up a convicted felon...

"Sources told E! that John and Chandrika*had been separated since before he was locked up and that, though they were still sharing their Canoga Park residence, John was occupying the ground floor and his estranged wife was living upstairs with their kids."

http://www.eonline.com/news/396893/...classified-as-homicide-after-his-car-is-found

"Even though John and Chandrika are still technically married and live together, a source says the Creeches "are separated." The insider adds that*John lives on the bottom floor of the house and Chandrika lives on the second floor with the children, while a grandparent also shares the home.
"In early 2011, John would see his girl[friend]s and go on dates and Chandrika would go on her dates," a source tells E! News. "The only rule they had is that they don't bring their dates back to the house. The arrangement was, 'You do whatever you want and I'll do whatever I want.'"

http://www.eonline.com/news/325213/...with-woman-whose-house-was-searched-by-police

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j@nky
Back