GUILTY CA - Gavin Smith, 57, Oak Park, 1 May 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well we know she is a drug addict from the articles and we know she is a liar and assumed sex addict from her affairs... The reason that she causes so much suspicion is that it doesn't make any sense that John would kill for a woman he never really loved. Especially with the sentence he had coming already... You don't live in the same house and date other people openly if there is any love. However due to financial restraints and for the sake of their daughter I guess this was the solution they found to make things work... Also how stupid would John have to be to put this car in someones storage unit he knows... For all we know Chandy has a "close" relationship with the storage facility owner as well.... and she set John up... Easy to set up a convicted felon...

Interesting theory. What was the motive? All theory of coarse. Jealousy, drugs? Sure hope he gets justice soon.

I agree with RA3's theories. The thing is, that just because Creech was a drug dealer (a criminal) and he was married to her, so Creech killed Gavin out of jealousy -- just doesn't fly for me, with them going their separate ways with others and living on separate floors. Drug dealing does not automatically make him capable of murder. However being married is good protection for not having to testify about one another.

I think this is what happened. Gavin either called her that night or vice-versa to meet. She had tucked the kids in and grandma was home. He drove over in his Mercedes and and she came out and got in his car. The last phone call made was near her house and was to/from her cell phone and his.

They drove somewhere to talk and maybe have some sex like a Porter Ranch back road. He decided it was time to fess up in regards to wanting to be with Melanie and her son, or maybe that he was going back to his wife.

Chandie knew she was losing Creech to jail, as far as a help-mate with the kids and finances, and now Gavin was telling her he was leaving her as well.

I'm thinking she may have a volatile temper. Perhaps she carried a small pistol since people connected to drug dealers often do carry. She and Gavin argued and she killed him. Then she called someone to come and help her get rid of his body. Perhaps it was Creech or maybe it was someone else they were connected to in the underworld, whom they knew had no qualms about ditching a corpse.

So with the corpse gone, then they parked the car in a storage unit whom one or both of them had access to. Hopefully, there is some surveillance tape, if it's not been too long and they have the manpower to to search through the footage.

I don't know about LAPD, but Austin PD has storage rooms full of piled up evidence and rape kits and no one to organize, catalog or run the tests.

It sure has been quiet since they found the car. I wish the cops would come out with something else. I want all the soap opera details.

In that CharleyProject article, it said the friend Gavin was staying with woke up at 1:00 am and notice Gavin was gone.

This is something I have always been curious about. The wife insists that the person Gavin was staying with was just a friend, but I have always wondered if she was being truthful about that, and this article is why. If Gavin was staying in a guest room, how did this friend see that he was gone at 1:00 am?

When I get up in the middle of the night, it is usually to go to the bathroom, not roam around the house checking on overnight guests in the guest rooms.

It has always just sounded funny to me.

In that CharleyProject article, it said the friend Gavin was staying with woke up at 1:00 am and notice Gavin was gone.

This is something I have always been curious about. The wife insists that the person Gavin was staying with was just a friend, but I have always wondered if she was being truthful about that, and this article is why. If Gavin was staying in a guest room, how did this friend see that he was gone at 1:00 am?

When I get up in the middle of the night, it is usually to go to the bathroom, not roam around the house checking on overnight guests in the guest rooms.

I might be totally off base here- but I thought he was sleeping at a mutual friend's house and the mutual friend saw him drive away in his sweat pants in his car? And the mutual friend thought he was just going to run out really quickly (to get fast food or something?)
Maybe that was earlier bad reporting.

At the very first, it sounded at best odd to me too, but then Lisa explained that the woman was indeed a mutual friend and trusted. I have no reason, based on the case info we've received since, to consider that the friend's status should be construed otherwise.

As well, depending on the floor plan of the residence and the habits of its occupant, I can't say one would not notice a guest being gone. I know I would, in my home, and it's not all that small.

Finally, I may well be misremembering, but wasn't Gavin last seen in a common area of the home and if he was absent from there, the homeowner might have checked the room in which he would be sleeping?

Just trying to picture all of this, from my POV.

I think the answer to this case is known by LE but not enough proof yet to lay charges, fwiw.

~jmo~

I thought he was sleeping at a mutual friend's house and the mutual friend saw him drive away in his sweat pants in his car?

No I remember that it was someone in the neighborhood who saw the car pull out of the driveway.
The friend never saw Gavin leave.

When the friend went to bed, she last saw Gavin wearing purple sweat pants,
and sitting on the couch in the living room and watching tv.

I never saw it stated whether Gavin was sleeping on the couch or in a bedroom.
Also a bedroom door could have been left open.

I am wondering what time his last call was made...with him inside his vehicle ...and near her house. If all activity following that last call were pings..then she may have been with him when he was killed and drove around in a panic not knowing what to do. If both of them are/were addicts and she has access to drugs, could it be that she was supplying Gavin and he 'owed' her money . then it becomes a 'get the money, Chandy, I don't care how you get it just get it...so she calls Gavin at his 'friends house' he leaves to meet with Chandy and when she cannot collect from him..he takes the hit...now she's got his car..ping ping calls a friend or John and they hide the car..Her page is odd. She has a picture of a drowning fish..and her caption is 'still afloat'...hmmmmmm another is a painting that appears to be a spiral...out of control...hmmmmmmmmmmm those are my opinions...

I am wondering what time his last call was made...with him inside his vehicle ...and near her house

None of the cell phone info has been released to the public, but I suspect the family has some of that info.

In previous messages here, you will see mention of a certain intersection where the family held a memorial ... I am not aware of any explanation ever being provided for that location. It may have been a last phone location ... but it could also have been something like the last bank machine he used, or the last time he was caught driving his car on some random surveillance camera. etc. Law enforcement has a lot of info that they have not released to the public.

I'm afraid no one is ever going to be held responsible for his murder-if he is indeed dead- not without a body being found. Prosecutors prefer a body.

All I know is, if Chandy was the last person with Gavin, she had help getting rid of his body. I have a friend who is about Gavin's size and there is no way I could move his dead weight by myself. Hehe….I asked him to play dead and I tried. LOL

Well at this point we can hope that the area fires cause firefighters to perhaps stumble over his body. In the past, firefighters going through the brush and hiking through the canyons have found bodies, ancient artifacts, etc., so this is not unheard of.

Second, we can hope that one of the Creech's associates flip for immunity or something.

Well at this point we can hope that the area fires cause firefighters to perhaps stumble over his body. In the past, firefighters going through the brush and hiking through the canyons have found bodies, ancient artifacts, etc., so this is not unheard of.

Second, we can hope that one of the Creech's associates flip for immunity or something.

Yeah, maybe they were as lazy in getting rid of the body as they were in getting rid of the car. Took the cops awhile to find it, but I really thought that car would have been chopped into a hundred pieces, not sitting pretty in some storage locker. It doesn't sound like these people like going out of their way to get their hands dirty or extend too much effort.

I figured once they found the car, it was only a matter of time til Gavin was located. Seems like LE is stuck and can't move forward with their suspicions because they don't have enough evidence.

I don't know how to start my post here, if I reveal secrets here, I'll blow everyone's mind as well as mine.

I met John Lenzie Creech and Chandrika Creech 7 or 8 years ago in Shanghai. (I forgot the exact year I met them.)

There is something weird happening between me and John Lenzie Creech.

After meeting him, my life becomes extreme abnormal like a roller coaster, I wonder whether he changes my routine or I change his.

Maybe both, maybe all.

Gavin Smith (graduated from UCLA)
John Lenzie Creech (graduated from UCLA)

Gavin Smith's movies: Titanic Avatar Star wars

Fox's famous TV Series is Prison Break.

John Lenzie Creech purposely went to prison in order to break the prison, let's wait and see.

I don't know how to start my post here, if I reveal secrets here, I'll blow everyone's mind as well as mine.

I met John Lenzie Creech and Chandrika Creech 7 or 8 years ago in Shanghai. (I forgot the exact year I met them.)

There is something weird happening between me and John Lenzie Creech.

After meeting him, my life becomes extreme abnormal like a roller coaster, I wonder whether he changes my routine or I change his.

Maybe both, maybe all.

And ...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9