GUILTY CA - Gianni, 24, & Sal Belvedere, 22, Ilona Flint, 22, San Diego, 24 Dec 2013 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reposting, but even better is if someone can get a screen shot on here.

There's a big layout map of the Westfield Mission Valley Mall here. It makes it easier to follow where this occurred. It also shows the layout of the stores.

http://www.westfield.com/missionvalley/map

How about as an attachment? Best I can do ATM.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 57
The way I understand it, but somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

This Andre who keeps getting on the news, owned a vintage clothing shop, far from the mall, that closed some time ago. Ilona worked for him, but this was last Spring when he still had the shop. He says favorable things about Ilona, but seems to be enjoying the spotlight. I still have no idea how close a friend he was to Ilona. When was the last time he saw or talked to her? :dunno:

Like SDHELPS mentioned, "As of today it seems only Andre is talking to media, hence he is the only one getting the attention."

He currently works at Lone Star in Del Mar. My apologies for the confusion. The vintage clothing store which he owned previously that Ilona worked at has since closed down (spring of 2013) and was located in La Jolla. La Jolla and Del Mar which are neighboring communities are approximately 20 miles north of the Mission Valley Mall.

Yes Andre is the only one talking to the media and of course news stations are always in competition to get the breaking story so IMO Andre has received his 15 minutes of fame and then some! Hopefully something new will develop on the 5pm news.

How about as an attachment? Best I can do ATM.

Thanks, you did great. :smile:

He currently works at Lone Star in Del Mar. My apologies for the confusion. The vintage clothing store which he owned previously that Ilona worked at has since closed down (spring of 2013) and was located in La Jolla. La Jolla and Del Mar which are neighboring communities are approximately 20 miles north of the Mission Valley Mall.

Yes Andre is the only one talking to the media and of course news stations are always in competition to get the breaking story so IMO Andre has received his 15 minutes of fame and then some! Hopefully something new will develop on the 5pm news.

That really cleared it up. Thank You.

Andre, the former employer, even posted his phone number on some sites about Ilona's vigil. I hope he has his heart in the right place and continues to respect the families and the investigation. His spotlight time may be running out.

I saw some of you speculating that his death being sealed could possibly be due to him shooting himself but then why would they release a person of interest wearing tan pants and shirt? Just seems confusing. What other reasons would they seal it?

Also would LE be getting information from surveillance cameras?

I saw some of you speculating that his death being sealed could possibly be due to him shooting himself but then why would they release a person of interest wearing tan pants and shirt? Just seems confusing. What other reasons would they seal it?

Also would LE be getting information from surveillance cameras?

Believe me, I think this case is confusing. Above average confusing. But, it seems to me that the confusion is quite possibly coming from LE itself. My theory is that they have a few working theories, and are having trouble deciding on which one is right. One theory may lead to an outside gunman or accomplice. Second is Gianni and third is Salvatore. Maybe the gunshots weren't self-inflicted, maybe they were. Maybe LE just doesn't want anyone to know what they know right now. I think they are waiting until they find out where Gianni is and what shape he is in to decide on a theory to prove. But Salvatore's death just seems to be a question mark right now. I have to believe there is some reason that LE wanted the details sealed, especially since it seemed they were so obvious. I'm just rambling... This case makes no sense - it should be so simple, and yet, it is not.

A photo of Mr. Gianni Belvedere

UTI1749106_t180.jpg

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/dec/26/misson-valley-belvedere-flint-shooting/

Gianni is still missing.

This is the latest from this evening. Salvatore was an organ donor giving life to another. A search warrant was executed for a family members home and no further information released. New video...

"Meanwhile, police were continuing to search for Flint's fiance, Gianni Leonardo Belvedere, 24, who was last seen at his residence in Tierrasanta about 10 p.m. Monday. On Friday, a search warrant was executed at a family member's home, but it was unclear what police were looking for, or if they found anything."

http://www.cbs8.com/story/24314714/...ting-victim-dies-search-continues-for-brother

Where is Gianni??? :banghead:

24295764_BG2.jpg

On the news tonight they showed a frontal view of the car and it was very clear that the front wheels were turned to the left and the car made contact with a silver car that was parked in the lot. This picture is from the rear and although not as vivid you can see it has made contact. IMO this says that the car was in motion at the time of impact and that I & S were probably shot prior to. :twocents:

I don't think this article has been posted yet:
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=28144286&nid=148

"In about 2011, King said the Belvedere family moved to San Diego, and Flint went with them to be with Gianni."

Do we know if they all lived together with the family, or if Gianni and Ilona had their own place?

Quotes from Ilona's friend...

About Ilona: "She's super special. She's just like an angel. She's just really sweet and endearing,"

About Sal: "super sweet" and "really quiet," and a person who loved music and playing guitar.

About Gianni: "He's really sweet and he's really, really funny, and super exuberant," she said. "He like really cared about you. When I'd meet up with them, they would ask me how I was doing and about my life and he really cared, like he'd truly listen and he cared what I had to say to him."

This case is tragic all around.

I asked about her relationship with both brothers based on the photo back on page 1 of this thread. I found the body language between the three of them to be quite interesting.

I'm not sure which photo you're referring to, but I'm guessing the three of them have known each other at least since high school and are comfortable with one another. I found an old blog of Ilona's and at 14, she wrote about going to a show with a group including Gianni and Sal. She also wrote of wanting to marry Gianni when she turned 16.
http://gregorievna.livejournal.com/

I don't think this article has been posted yet:
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=28144286&nid=148

"In about 2011, King said the Belvedere family moved to San Diego, and Flint went with them to be with Gianni."

Do we know if they all lived together with the family, or if Gianni and Ilona had their own place?

Quotes from Ilona's friend...

About Ilona: "She's super special. She's just like an angel. She's just really sweet and endearing,"

About Sal: "super sweet" and "really quiet," and a person who loved music and playing guitar.

About Gianni: "He's really sweet and he's really, really funny, and super exuberant," she said. "He like really cared about you. When I'd meet up with them, they would ask me how I was doing and about my life and he really cared, like he'd truly listen and he cared what I had to say to him."

This case is tragic all around.

I'm not sure which photo you're referring to, but I'm guessing the three of them have known each other at least since high school and are comfortable with one another. I found an old blog of Ilona's and at 14, she wrote about going to a show with a group including Gianni and Sal. She also wrote of wanting to marry Gianni when she turned 16.
http://gregorievna.livejournal.com/

BBM It's my understanding the Ilona and Gianni lived with Gianni's family in Tierrasanta although her stepfather also lives in San Diego. Will have to go back and see where that was printed.

Thanks for the new article giving more depth to Ilona and the comments. It is so tragic...

On the news tonight they showed a frontal view of the car and it was very clear that the front wheels were turned to the left and the car made contact with a silver car that was parked in the lot. This picture is from the rear and although not as vivid you can see it has made contact. IMO this says that the car was in motion at the time of impact and that I & S were probably shot prior to. :twocents:

I did a screen grab from a previous newscast. It's hard to tell in this pic but you can actually see two bullet holes in the passenger window. I assume Ilona was sitting there. Are the windshield wipers up? Maybe accidentally switched on in the chaos.

y18pt.jpg

http://www.10news.com/news/2-people-found-shot-in-car-near-westfield-mission-valley-mall12242013

I am also local and have been following close. I am wondering if the TOD for Salvatore not being released had anything to do with him being an organ donor?

Perhaps he was brain dead and that was released but the family or hospital wouldn't confirm since he was still on life support to harvest.

This whole thing is so strange.

These two young people do not seem like they would be mixed up in anything nefarious that would hasten their demise. Salvadore was an organ donor. He obviously had good values for such a young man. It is all very strange and until Giani is found then I think it is all supposition.
But if he is also found murdered then it will be a hard case to crack. MOO

KNSD had an interview with a neighbor of the brothers, at least (missed the beginning to hear if they said whether or not Ilona also lived there).

Neighbor didn't want his face shown - I get the feeling there are some spooked folks since it's not clear what actually happened yet and who was involved. But he was young looking (from what you could see of the lower half of his body, including the clothes) and sounding so I'm guessing is likely near-ish to the age of the the guys.

He had only positive things to say about them - personally I'm just thrilled at least that someone other than Andrea is saying something!

A relative also was shown reading a statement (or that was my take on it) that first almost seemed like an interview, until I realized that the same background/relative/note were on at least two of the stations.

It's interesting that they live in Tierrasanta.

A number of our long-time media folks also live in Tierrasanta, or at least I know for a fact several did until at least the last year or two. I'm curious if that may play into who we see getting interviews or covering things from an angle that seems more informed in the days to come.

Wouldnt that be the ULTIMATE betrayal?

Your brother with your fiancé or wife?

I am also local and have been following close. I am wondering if the TOD for Salvatore not being released had anything to do with him being an organ donor?

Perhaps he was brain dead and that was released but the family or hospital wouldn't confirm since he was still on life support to harvest.

This whole thing is so strange.

BBM: I also believe this to be the case. Especially since he had a very rare blood type the hospital/family would more than likely prolong his life to find a recipient and harvest. My late husband was an organ donor and this is exactly what they do.

I did a screen grab from a previous newscast. It's hard to tell in this pic but you can actually see two bullet holes in the passenger window. I assume Ilona was sitting there. Are the windshield wipers up? Maybe accidentally switched on in the chaos.

y18pt.jpg

http://www.10news.com/news/2-people-found-shot-in-car-near-westfield-mission-valley-mall12242013

Thank you for capturing this picture Jash! It's hard to see the passenger side window but that would make sense. If the windshield wipers are on I would also think it was by accident at the time of the shooting. There was no rain or even a mist that evening.

Apparently, Gianni has not returned. This is a very bad sign. His Family has pleaded on the news for Gianni to return. Where is he now?

There's just no gentle way to bring up the options of what may be going on with Gianni now.
I can only figure either
(1) he was abducted by whoever shot the others,
(2) or he is on the run,
(3) or he couldn't face what happened and has done himself in,
(4) or he is going to come back and explain what happened,
(5) or he was wounded, fled, and is unconscious in some remote area.

There's not many other options. This is a very sad case.

A wild thought would be that somebody did something to Gianni before the mall incident, and he was never at the mall. Any other options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honeybadger503