GUILTY CA - Gianni, 24, & Sal Belvedere, 22, Ilona Flint, 22, San Diego, 24 Dec 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the shooter know their schedule? How did they know to go to the mall? The POI, this guy with the bicep striped sweater, hung around waiting around the mall as he was seen on surveillance video at 11:15 p.m. then again, per LE,
at 12:15 a.m. Where was Gianni at that time? Then, the shootings happened at around 1:13 a.m. The POI managed to jump right into a car and get away very quickly. It also sounds like he may have gotten into a passenger side of a gray Honda, and so maybe there was another person, a driver involved is what I keep thinking.

It appears to me based on article from Jan. 23, 2014 that they conducted a search on Mario's in Lakeside, Ca.
http://www.10news.com/news/investig...eside-restaurant-where-gianni-brothers-worked
It seems to me that they would have to have some probable cause to get such a search warrant signed off on by a judge. With it being close in proximity to the discovery of Gianni's car, I wonder if something may have been found inside the car.

It may have been to have forensic accountants go over the books to check for any money discrepancies, etc. Just my opinion, but I think all related.

Bringing over some articles that might help piece info together in this case.

Thread #1 Found Deceased CA - Gianni Leonardo Belvedere, 24, San Diego, 23 Dec 2013 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Timeline: Brothers, fiancée Killed in Triple Homicide Mystery
A look at the key events in the slayings of Ilona Flint, Salvatore Belvedere and Gianni Belvedere
By Monica Garske -| Saturday, Feb 8, 2014 | Updated 10:51 AM PST
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...-Valley-Shooting-241991751.html#ixzz2stHkVXR6

New Suspect Description in Christmas Eve Mall Shootings
SDPD lieutenant said, "If this case can be solved, this case will be solved."
Friday, Jan 24, 2014 | Updated 11:30 AM PST
Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...Belvedere-Ilona--241839911.html#ixzz2tQPnL8yb

911 call reveals new information in triple murder
Posted: Feb 04, 2014 9:26 AM PST, Updated: Feb 04, 2014 8:27 PM PST
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...lice-Briefing-Belvedere-Ilona--241839911.html

Former SDPD Detective Gives Insight into Triple Homicide
Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...r-Mission-Valley-241930551.html#ixzz2tQNeAYDH

It appears to me based on article from Jan. 23, 2014 that they conducted a search on Mario's in Lakeside, Ca.
http://www.10news.com/news/investig...eside-restaurant-where-gianni-brothers-worked
It seems to me that they would have to have some probable cause to get such a search warrant signed off on by a judge. With it being close in proximity to the discovery of Gianni's car, I wonder if something may have been found inside the car.

It may have been to have forensic accountants go over the books to check for any money discrepancies, etc. Just my opinion, but I think all related.

Or the owners(family) allowed the search voluntarily (which is my guess in this case) .... And the books would be taken to LE rather than LE going to the books generally (if the books were even kept on site). MOO.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Another question I have is why did Salvatore pick up Ilona from work that night? Sal borrowed his parent's black car to go to the mall. Why didn't Gianni pick her up or why didn't Sal borrow Gianni's car? There must be more details that would help figure out how the shooter seemed to know what was going on that night.

Timeline: Brothers, Fiancée Killed in Triple Homicide Mystery
Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...#ixzz2stHkVXR6

Dec. 26, 2013 – Gianni Belvedere is Missing:
Two days after the parking lot shooting, the families of both Flint and Salvatore hold a brief news conference announcing that 24-year-old Gianni Belvedere – Sal’s older brother and Flint’s fiancé – has gone missing. Police confirm Gianni was last seen on Dec. 23 around 10 p.m. at his Tierrasanta home. “Gianni, we need you to come home,” pleads one family member, between tears. "Please call us." Investigators confirm the Christmas Eve shooting does not appear to be connected to any sort of robbery. Lt. Hastings says a possible vehicle of interest in the case is a 2008-2011 dark gray Honda sedan.

BBM

To bring out a section of that article:
"Team 10 witnessed two of the detectives taking notes while talking to a woman on a bench outside the restaurant.

Also, Team 10 noticed one detective sat in an unmarked city car in the parking lot for at least one hour. It appeared she was on the phone.

A fourth detective was not seen until it appeared the group was leaving.

In addition to the four detectives, Team 10 also saw several sheriff's deputies sitting in their cars in the parking lot. A restaurant worker said they were at Mario's for a party."

IMO usually four detectives do not show up for a voluntary search. Plus by this time they would cover their bases as to anything they might find. The idea that sherriff's deputies would have "a party" at an establishment in question I would have to question. Just MOO.

CuriousMe, IMO Gianni was to have picked up Ilana that night but did not show up as planned. When he didn't show up she then called home and asked Sal to come get her. That could explain why he was "last seen" at 10:00 PM at home. I have not seen it mentioned anywhere that Sal even had a vehicle of his own. That could explain why he was driving his father's. There have been different accounts by family members as to how all three were involved in the picking up of Ilona. I have read several that conflict with each other. That is why I will only say this is what I believe. There are just too many reports to cite just one. But IMO Gianni went missing shortly, actually before the Macys shootings. Their telephone calls that night tell the tale.

For whatever reason, the investigation wasn't about what neighbors saw happening around the restaurant during the month long search for Gianni. It makes me think that it wasn't as clear to LE what or why this happened until Gianni's body was found and deemed a probable homicide.

Detectives spend time at Lakeside restaurant where Belvedere brothers worked
Two neighbors say they noticed something 'odd'
Posted: 01/23/2014

"Team 10 found as of early Thursday afternoon, many neighbors to the restaurant had not been questioned by police."

CuriousMe, IMO Gianni was to have picked up Ilana that night but did not show up as planned. When he didn't show up she then called home and asked Sal to come get her. That could explain why he was "last seen" at 10:00 PM at home. I have not seen it mentioned anywhere that Sal even had a vehicle of his own. That could explain why he was driving his father's. There have been different accounts by family members as to how all three were involved in the picking up of Ilona. I have read several that conflict with each other. That is why I will only say this is what I believe. There are just too many reports to cite just one. But IMO Gianni went missing shortly, actually before the Macys shootings. Their telephone calls that night tell the tale.

Sorry, but I must ask, jggordo. Is there a link stating that? I haven't seen any story leading up to how it was Sal had to borrow his parent's car because Gianni didn't show up. I realize you did say it was your opinion. Sure, I agree that Gianni was probably planning to pick her up, but have seen nothing stating he didn't show up and Ilona had to call Sal instead. In fact, according to the way it was first presented we weren't even sure Ilona was working or if she and Salvatore had planned a late night shopping spree.

http://blog.pe.com/breaking-news/2014/01/20/riverside-autopsy-on-body-found-in-trunk-set/

From the paper in Riverside, before they disclose Gianni's identity they state that the family is notified as a "registered owner" of the vehicle that a dead body was found inside the car.

Also, that suicide had not been "ruled out". This several days after the fact. How does one (much less why) crawl into the trunk of a car and pull the lid closed and then commit suicide? IMO
"Although the website says that the dead man’s relatives have been informed of the death — which typically happens before a person’s identity is announced — Vasquez said that in this instance, that means that the car’s registered owner was told that a body was found inside.

And although the website says that the cause of death was homicide, Vasquez said, suicide has not been ruled out."

http://blog.pe.com/breaking-news/2014/01/20/riverside-autopsy-on-body-found-in-trunk-set/

From the paper in Riverside, before they disclose Gianni's identity they state that the family is notified as a "registered owner" of the vehicle that a dead body was found inside the car.

Also, that suicide had not been "ruled out". This several days after the fact. How does one (much less why) crawl into the trunk of a car and pull the lid closed and then commit suicide? IMO
"Although the website says that the dead man’s relatives have been informed of the death — which typically happens before a person’s identity is announced — Vasquez said that in this instance, that means that the car’s registered owner was told that a body was found inside.

And although the website says that the cause of death was homicide, Vasquez said, suicide has not been ruled out."

You edited, but had asked how does someone get in their car trunk to commit suicide. I thought of this San Diego case of Grace Ann Hall, age 23, which has haunted me. She drank anti freeze poison, I guess. Sometimes I doubt if it was suicide, like concerning Rebecca Zahau's supposed suicide at the Coronado mansion.

Woman found dead in trunk committed suicide
Posted: Jun 30, 2013 6:12 PM PDT, Updated: Jun 30, 2013 6:54 PM PDT
http://www.cbs8.com/story/22727435/woman-found-dead-in-trunk-committed-suicide

CuriousMe, Most of the time I edit it is because I go and find the link and article and bring it. Then I have to go and bring out the quote to substantiate what I'm saying in context. There is I'm sure a one step way to do it but I'm new.

I don't think there is any "proper" way that a suicide is done but some of the LE justifications are just too ridiculous to even think.

CuriousMe, Most of the time I edit it is because I go and find the link and article and bring it. Then I have to go and bring out the quote to substantiate what I'm saying in context. There is I'm sure a one step way to do it but I'm new.

I don't think there is any "proper" way that a suicide is done but some of the LE justifications are just too ridiculous to even think.

I salute you for caring and trying to find out information to explain this tragedy. I sure hope we get some answers on this case soon.

You as well. This is a convoluted case for sure. In this case there is (at least for now) public scrutiny which helps to not let them be forgotten. I'm sure you know that there are so many that just gets put on the shelf, or just explained away with little or not enough advocates.

Alright guys here is the Flickr account im uploading the rest of the videos right now again sorry i was sick and im not the best photographer its like the blonde blair witch project http://www.flickr.com/photos/117512359@N03/ if that link doesnt work the user name i created is awesome_possumsd if someone else can post the pics from here it would be appreciated I am in a dark dark place with slow internet aka work :)

Alright guys here is the Flickr account im uploading the rest of the videos right now again sorry i was sick and im not the best photographer its like the blonde blair witch project http://www.flickr.com/photos/117512359@N03/ if that link doesnt work the user name i created is awesome_possumsd if someone else can post the pics from here it would be appreciated I am in a dark dark place with slow internet aka work :)

Thank You thebestinthewest.

I watched both videos. You did such a good job. Your voice, btw, sounds wonderful. It's a soothing and pleasant voice and easy to listen to. Wow, the mall and everything looks so . . . public and nearby lots of cameras and possible witnesses. Again, let me say, you did great. Thanks.

Appreciate, too, that you show the route going towards the 8 West. Stop lights and traffic would've been such a problem. What do you think about that route?

Personally, I think the route they took was in the direction of Camino del Rio South either on that street or taking the 8 East, then Fairmount Ave, and maybe going into the City Heights/North Park area. They probably didn't go up the hill on Texas Street, but that is what I considered initially.

Thankyou for doing this!

Thank You thebestinthewest.

I watched both videos. You did such a good job. Your voice, btw, sounds wonderful. It's a soothing and pleasant voice and easy to listen to. Wow, the mall and everything looks so . . . public and nearby lots of cameras and possible witnesses. Again, let me say, you did great. Thanks.

Appreciate, too, that you show the route going towards the 8 West. Stop lights and traffic would've been such a problem. What do you think about that route?

Personally, I think the route they took was in the direction of Camino del Rio South either on that street or taking the 8 East, then Fairmount Ave, and maybe going into the City Heights/North Park area. They probably didn't go up the hill on Texas Street, but that is what I considered initially.

If it was me trying to get away unnoticed Id take the 8 west to the 5 south or the 163 North towards Riverside. I was extremely sick when doing the videos once the other ones get up and going youll get a bet feel for the cameras. When the Macy's undercover store security approached me thinking i was staking out the place to shoplift he talked to me for a bit and gave me some good information. Ilona did in fact work there in the watch dept she was a holiday floater employee :/ I also paid one of the bike mission valley security guards for information on cameras (best $20 ever) and the bike security guard seemed to know a lot more but I didnt want to be pushy I was actualyl pretty nervous. However I did find out some information I didnt know before Gianni used to work out at the 24 hour fitness at the mall if Ilona was working late to pick her up with Sal which makes sense why he was last seen in Mission Valley I leaned this a few days and confirmed it earlier today. Ill work on getting those videos up.

Also its worth pointing out that since Gianni and Sal worked as waiters at Marios they always had cash on them from tips. I dont know why I didnt think about that before someone who knows the trio brought that up earlier. I tried to find out any other relevant information but I did find out 100% Sal was not gay in fact he was a ladies man and had a lot of girlfriends. My friend even told me Gianni lectured him for cheating on his girlfriend at the time "Why be with someone if they arent everything you want?" he told him. Im trying to convince him to get an account to give you guys more info from a 1st person perspective. This friend is a lurker on here for sure.

Curious Me! The videos made it to upload!! finally! there should be a lot more than 2 now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove