GUILTY CA - Gianni, 24, & Sal Belvedere, 22, Ilona Flint, 22, San Diego, 24 Dec 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Detectives who took the stand at Mercado's preliminary hearing said Salvatore had been detoxing from a heroin addiction in the weeks before he was killed. Detectives also testified that Flint and Gianni had developed a drug habit costing them $250 a day."

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...ristmas-Killings-273601641.html#ixzz3CBbqrsXc
Follow us: @nbcsandiego on Twitter | NBCSanDiego on Facebook

If this be the case how could the family not know? Heartbreaking on top of heartbreaking.

JMO

I'll look for media update Sal had no drugs in his system Ilona had a small amount of morphine in hers detective hastings said Ilona and Gianni had $250 a day drug habit but did not owe any money and is not the motive

The family did not know maybe the parents did but the siblings did not

According to 10 News the Defense says two witnesses claim it was Gianni that walked away from the car.

"Meanwhile, Mercado’s defense attorney told the judge that there were two witnesses who told police they saw someone walk away from the car the night of the shooting. A few days later, the witnesses claimed they were watching television and saw Gianni’s picture. They contacted police to say they recognized the man who walked away from the car as Gianni."

http://www.10news.com/news/911-call-weve-been-shot-twice

Ah the suspense is killing me! I'll finish this audit next week lol I'm going to the land of the living with real time Internet

Wow!!! The information is coming out fast and furious and thank you all for the updates. Best has been rapid texting me so I hardly had to even look at all of the links. Thanks Best! I know we have all had theories of drugs in the past so it shouldn't be so shocking but to hear at how much drugs played a part in their lives is heartbreaking. The defense team is sure having a good go at it here in the beginning but let's not forget that all three of these kids were victims.

I for one will be happy to hear from the prosecution team so we can all redirect our focus on finding justice for Sal, Gianni and Ilona. I just pray that justice will not bring further pain to the family.

Group hug :grouphug:

Argh....this is so confusing. So even if they were doing drugs, how does the killer fit into the picture?

250 a day is a good customer to have no drug dealer would kill anyone that consistent because as I'm sure we all know at least one person who has suffered with drug problems an addict will find a way to come up with the money I'm a little err OK a lot disappointed with what is coming out as I am learning the details the same way everyone else. I know a lot of successful people who carry on with normal lives that use opiates I don't think the victims dirty laundry should define or take away from the tragedy because it may have nothing to do with what happened

250 a day is a good customer to have no drug dealer would kill anyone that consistent because as I'm sure we all know at least one person who has suffered with drug problems an addict will find a way to come up with the money I'm a little err OK a lot disappointed with what is coming out as I am learning the details the same way everyone else. I know a lot of successful people who carry on with normal lives that use opiates I don't think the victims dirty laundry should define or take away from the tragedy because it may have nothing to do with what happened
You are the only person in my phone book who would care about the updates :/ changed my mind on the wine bar might need to go to a whisky bar after today
Wow!!! The information is coming out fast and furious and thank you all for the updates. Best has been rapid texting me so I hardly had to even look at all of the links. Thanks Best! I know we have all had theories of drugs in the past so it shouldn't be so shocking but to hear at how much drugs played a part in their lives is heartbreaking. The defense team is sure having a good go at it here in the beginning but let's not forget that all three of these kids were victims.

I for one will be happy to hear from the prosecution team so we can all redirect our focus on finding justice for Sal, Gianni and Ilona. I just pray that justice will not bring further pain to the family.

Group hug :grouphug:

IMO this baggie may have been left as a ruse. If there was no evidence that the victims had ingested what the residue in the baggie was especially. The defense is throwing things at the wall to see what sticks.

As the defense revealed on Tuesday, evidence suggests drugs may have been a factor in the triple homicide. Detectives found a baggie with drug residue linked to a drug dealer next to the bodies.

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...ristmas-Killings-273601641.html#ixzz3CBsnO2hb

IMO this baggie may have been left as a ruse. If there was no evidence that the victims had ingested what the residue in the baggie was especially. The defense is throwing things at the wall to see what sticks.

As the defense revealed on Tuesday, evidence suggests drugs may have been a factor in the triple homicide. Detectives found a baggie with drug residue linked to a drug dealer next to the bodies.

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...ristmas-Killings-273601641.html#ixzz3CBsnO2hb

How do they know this baggie is linked to a drug dealer? Do they use designer bags now? WTH! I'm sure LE has a good idea of who is who in the San Diego drug world but if they can link it to someone then WHO is this person and how will their testimony be used? I'm sure they aren't going to hop up on the witness stand and talk.

After Salvatore picked Flint up from work at the mall they sat in the parking lot for at least 20 minutes, the detective testified. Worried for Gianni, Flint called jails and hospitals trying to find him. The only people she called that night, according to detective testimony, were the Belvedere brothers.

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...ristmas-Killings-273601641.html#ixzz3CBU3YkCB

I don't understand this paragraph that I snipped from the article. A previous paragraph stated that Gianni didn't answer his phone when Flint called after she got off work, she called at least 5 times with no answer. What I don't understand is, where does the information come from that she called hospitals and jails because she was worried? Then the detective states that only the Belvedere brothers were called. This information is confusing to me.

Definitely confusing, and it doesn't help that I am trying to catch up on this case. If Ilona was, in fact, calling hospitals and jails for Gianni, she must have really been worried about him and thought something was really wrong. Was Gianni already a captive when she tried to call him five times? Was his abduction the reason why he did not pick Ilona up at work?

Argh....this is so confusing. So even if they were doing drugs, how does the killer fit into the picture?

Exactly! My only thoughts on this is the defense needs to put all of these questionable behaviors of the "kids" out there right now to establish there could be a lot of people with motive to kill them. We haven't heard anything so far from the prosecution so I will be anxious to see what all of this circumstantial evidence is that they say shows motive.

The part about who Ilona called is confusing, but I think they meant she called hospitals and jails looking for him but the only people she called were the Belvedere brothers

After Salvatore picked Flint up from work at the mall they sat in the parking lot for at least 20 minutes, the detective testified. Worried for Gianni, Flint called jails and hospitals trying to find him. The only people she called that night, according to detective testimony, were the Belvedere brothers.

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...ristmas-Killings-273601641.html#ixzz3CBU3YkCB

I don't understand this paragraph that I snipped from the article. A previous paragraph stated that Gianni didn't answer his phone when Flint called after she got off work, she called at least 5 times with no answer. What I don't understand is, where does the information come from that she called hospitals and jails because she was worried? Then the detective states that only the Belvedere brothers were called. This information is confusing to me.

This doesn't make any sense at all agreed. Either a poor write up on what the detective actually said or perhaps she used Sal's phone as they were sitting in the parking lot for 20 minutes. Since Sal's phone was taken from the scene and never found perhaps they did have phone records that verified those calls were made. It's also telling that one of the places she would call is the jails, again if this is true. IMO

Maybe someone was mad at Sal prior to his leaving to Oregon to detox which may have caused the need for detoxing something had to have had happened

This doesn't make any sense at all agreed. Either a poor write up on what the detective actually said or perhaps she used Sal's phone as they were sitting in the parking lot for 20 minutes. Since Sal's phone was taken from the scene and never found perhaps they did have phone records that verified those calls were made. It's also telling that one of the places she would call is the jails, again if this is true. IMO

It almost seems that Ilona was expecting trouble of some sort. To call jails or hospitals immediately because someone is a no show for two hours seems odd to me. Even more puzzling is Sal's phone taken from the car but placing a text to Gianni at 1:30. Wasn't that actually after the killing? The shooting being at 1:14 AM.

I am wondering how LE could establish whether they owed any drug debts. It's not like it shows on a credit report. IMO no drug dealer is going to expose their accounts recievable to LE. I would venture to say that drug dealers are not the most credible witnesses or sources.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member