GUILTY CA - Gianni, 24, & Sal Belvedere, 22, Ilona Flint, 22, San Diego, 24 Dec 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw that on tv just now, also noted that CM's attorney claimed CM had never been in trouble before. I guess that weapons arrest doesn't count? Lol.

Yes, soft-spoken and uses a silencer on his guns.:facepalm:

This is from a Friday, Feb 7, 2014 news article after Gianni's body was found. Please note that Mercado is 5'7" tall according to booking records. I guess it's possible that hoodie could add a few inches.

"On Jan. 24, SDPD Lt. Mike Hastings revealed some new details on the case, including more information about a possible suspect."

"Lt. Hastings said a man wearing a black hoodie with white bands in the biceps area of the sweatshirt, tan pants and white tennis shoes is believed to have been at the Mission Valley mall on Dec. 23, 2013, at around 11:15 p.m. -- about two hours before the shooting of Flint and Salvatore. Investigators believe that same man returned to the mall at 12:15 a.m. on Christmas Eve, about an hour before the shooting. Police described the suspect as an unknown race, standing 5-foot-10 to 6-foot."

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...tal-Shot-to-Head-244371661.html#ixzz2t4S2BS7r

I dislike the height discrepancy. However, the hoodie, plus human errors in estimation could contribute. Also, the race confusion may be explainable given the weird yellow tinted lighting in that lot, I would find it hard to determine myself.
This is from a Friday, Feb 7, 2014 news article after Gianni's body was found. Please note that Mercado is 5'7" tall according to booking records. I guess it's possible that hoodie could add a few inches.

"On Jan. 24, SDPD Lt. Mike Hastings revealed some new details on the case, including more information about a possible suspect."

"Lt. Hastings said a man wearing a black hoodie with white bands in the biceps area of the sweatshirt, tan pants and white tennis shoes is believed to have been at the Mission Valley mall on Dec. 23, 2013, at around 11:15 p.m. -- about two hours before the shooting of Flint and Salvatore. Investigators believe that same man returned to the mall at 12:15 a.m. on Christmas Eve, about an hour before the shooting. Police described the suspect as an unknown race, standing 5-foot-10 to 6-foot."

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...tal-Shot-to-Head-244371661.html#ixzz2t4S2BS7r

Sometimes guys that are 5'7 or so, will wear shoes that give them an extra few inches. There are work boots and certain kicks that will add 2 or 3 inches in height.

What is the Target employee uniform?
Target employees are required to wear khaki pants or skirts with red shirts. The shirt can be a polo shirt, t-shirt, hoody, or sweater; the only requirement is that it is fully red.

http://sunnyglitter.hubpages.com/hub/Everything-You-Want-to-Know-About-Being-a-Target-Employee

S and BBM
"Lt. Hastings said a man wearing a black hoodie with white bands in the biceps area of the sweatshirt, tan pants and white tennis shoes is believed to have been at the Mission Valley mall on Dec. 23, 2013, at around 11:15 p.m.

Maybe not everyone knows, Target is an anchor store at the MV mall.

I think I'm going to go through old reports and see if anything matches with this arrest. Someone refresh me, was there a surveillance video released from the mall? I feel like there was, but it could be that I've imagined the scene so many times.

I took video of driving around there? The cameras were not working in the parking lot that night I refrained from posting that until someone was arrested. Every other Westfield mall close by even Westfield Grossmont had working cameras , apparently Westfield Misson Valley likes to make people work late hours during the holidays but does not have the decency to make sure workers and shoppers are secure.

I hate you :) haha I never want to see that picture again.

attachment.php

This is not a current picture of him, it's about 2009 so hoping to see something updated today.

Sorry WS buddies for not posting more in the past few days but SDHelps grounded me...haha jk sort of. The family does not know the motivation and are in the dark as much as we are. A while back after I sat with the family and I said I changed my mind to random, I am still leaning that way. <modsnip> and that is why the family made the plea for his safe return. The family thought Gianni was alive up until the car was found in fact they were pretty sure he was alive. Is it really too far fetched to say this guy is a serial killer?

Sometimes guys that are 5'7 or so, will wear shoes that give them an extra few inches. There are work boots and certain kicks that will add 2 or 3 inches in height.

Yes, I thought of that too, but it says he was wearing white tennis shoes.

snipped..."Target employees are required to wear khaki pants..." Wow, I never noticed that.

Went back to Thread #1 and went over the Christmas Tree guy's statement about not hearing any gun shots. It's unfortunate he didn't see anything that night as he was so close to the crime scene.

Best, do you think they have video of the suspect inside the mall following Ilona and Sal?

I think a store might have surveillance of him walking by but the parking lot did not or it would have been released by now. The family confirmed it a few months ago. When seeing someone from a distance they can look taller. So the height thing even soles can add height. As someone who is 5'1 I know the height tricks all too well :)

Yes, I thought of that too, but it says he was wearing white tennis shoes.

snipped..."Target employees are required to wear khaki pants..." Wow, I never noticed that.

Went back to Thread #1 and went over the Christmas Tree guy's statement about not hearing any gun shots. It's unfortunate he didn't see anything that night as he was so close to the crime scene.

Best, do you think they have video of the suspect inside the mall following Ilona and Sal?

I dont think he followed Sal because Sal was awaken by Ilona when Gianni did not show up to pick her up. Maybe he had feelings for Ilona and thought Sal was Gianni?

When I was being creepy and looking at Carlo's Facebook I noticed he is big into Comic Con and there is a comic book store in the Mission Valley mall?

I'm back to leaning toward the suspect being enamored of Ilona. Maybe he thought he'd kidnap her but then he saw the light of her phone and changed his mind? Maybe they had crossed paths in MV mall before after all? The more we find out, the more confused I get!

And maybe the final ping was because the suspect had Gianni's phone to text Sal and Ilona into a trap? Like saying, I'll be there soon, ya know?

And maybe the final ping was because the suspect had Gianni's phone to text Sal and Ilona into a trap? Like saying, I'll be there soon, ya know?

That is definitely a theory shared by several family members, <modsnip>. Gianni was last seen on Friars at 10pm maybe Gianni met his fate and then the killer decided to kill them too Gianni, Sal, and Ilona's phone records did not show anything weird same with computer records

We have all waited for the answers, but the damage has already been done and each time this happens it makes it harder to feel safe in our society. These crimes seem so senseless.

What fueled these vicious murders? Money, jealousy, revenge, drugs, hate, holiday season depression, what did the killer hope to obtain? What would possess someone to be that bold and that cold?

I doubt I will ever understand.

:offtobed:

Im going to get my beauty rest so I can effectively annoy my keeper SDHelps bright and early :) Someone needs to keep me in line and I like to keep her on her toes but I will post anything new i learn! <modnsip>

That is the scariest part of this tragedy. From what I know there were no ties between the victims and the suspect. I feel strongly it was a thrill kill or some fascination with one of the victims. Ilona was extremely
Code:
friendly maybe she was nice to the wrong person? Hopefully the police report will be released weds. There we no drugs in any of the victims system and no history of abuse. Whoever did this is sick and for the first time in my life I feel strongly in favor of the death penalty. The family did everything they could to keep their kids wholesome and caring.

We have all waited for the answers, but the damage has already been done and each time this happens it makes it harder to feel safe in our society. These crimes seem so senseless.

What fueled these vicious murders? Money, jealousy, revenge, drugs, hate, holiday season depression, what did the killer hope to obtain? What would possess someone to be that bold and that cold?

I doubt I will ever understand.

:offtobed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads