GUILTY CA - Gianni, 24, & Sal Belvedere, 22, Ilona Flint, 22, San Diego, 24 Dec 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you're here, gettez. Looking forward to his arraignment tomorrow when maybe another tidbit will come out. I wonder if we will see his face.

The "crush" theory and an Elliot Rodger's frame of mind is starting to make more sense that the motive and reasoning might have come from someone living in a fantasy, perhaps a comic book type world, in his own head.

Wake up time then. Reality now and facing the public to answer for the crimes committed. Leaving people dead, and Gianni in the trunk of his car making so many people suffer that month he was missing, it all happened in the real world. CM is facing a very harsh reality now. Is he on a suicide watch?

Ilona, Salvatore, and Gianni are in my thoughts and prayers. I want to see Justice done for their loved ones.

Glad you're here, gettez. Looking forward to his arraignment tomorrow when maybe another tidbit will come out. I wonder if we will see his face.

The "crush" theory and an Elliot Rodger's frame of mind is starting to make more sense that the motive and reasoning might have come from someone living in a fantasy, perhaps a comic book type world, in his own head.

Wake up time then. Reality now and facing the public to answer for the crimes committed. Leaving people dead, and Gianni in the trunk of his car making so many people suffer that month he was missing, it all happened in the real world. CM is facing a very harsh reality now. Is he on a suicide watch?

Ilona, Salvatore, and Gianni are in my thoughts and prayers. I want to see Justice done for their loved ones.

BBM

Where in the world did he hide the car with Gianni in it for all that time?

Families looking for motive in triple murder case
http://www.cbs8.com/story/25860178/families-looking-for-motive-in-triple-murder-case

"Here is the current update on information we just received. It's been confirmed Carlo Mercado worked at Target in the Mission Valley Mall. Although we believe in a fair trial this news is upsetting because I'm sure quite a few San Diegans go to that Target. I personally shop there often and I keep wondering if I have seen him. This case needs to hit home for everyone as this tragedy could happen to any one of us or our loved ones."

BBM

BBM

Where in the world did he hide the car with Gianni in it for all that time?

That is a really good question. If he left it near Sal's car wouldn't Ilona have gone there (Sal's car) first? I wonder if he just moved it in the same parking lot, or maybe they weren't parked near each other to begin with. I can't believe the cameras weren't working. I think they could tell us so much.

I thought geevee's question might be referring to the time in between Gianni's disappearance and discovery. I cannot imagine where he could have stored that car to not attract attention.

But I do think he kept it in the same lot until he ambushed Sal and Ilona.

I can't stop thinking about these three ... I can't imagine how the families must feel!

I thought geevee's question might be referring to the time in between Gianni's disappearance and discovery. I cannot imagine where he could have stored that car to not attract attention.

But I do think he kept it in the same lot until he ambushed Sal and Ilona.

I can't stop thinking about these three ... I can't imagine how the families must feel!

Oh I see what you're saying. I guess I had always thought he took it right to where it was eventually found. Especially if acted alone, I do wonder how he got back home. If he was driving or heck even taking public transportation, that would take quite awhile, and wouldn't his family notice him missing, especially at Christmas? Maybe the people he was living with were out of town and he told them he had other plans?

Please note and tell his attorney to pay attention to what LE is saying.
LE has SUBSTANTIAL probable cause to arrest.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/25860178/families-looking-for-motive-in-triple-murder-case

"This arrest came after investigators and forensic lab personnel developed substantial probable cause for Mercado's arrest," San Diego Police Homicide Unit Lt. Mike Hastings said."

BBM

His attorney also said he was hospitalized for an injury after incarceration with no mention of Tylenol overdose.

"Mercado is being treated at UC San Diego Medical Center for injuries suffered after he was booked into jail over the weekend."

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...ement-Belvedere-Flint-Killings-264395261.html

I imagine the holiday season is when Target employees get a lot of hours of work.

Confused about the which car CM was actually getting into that night at the mall. We had reports of a gray car and then there was Gianni's car that could look gray.

Questions:
Did he drive off in his own car right after the mall shootings? Did he have Gianni's car to drive away in or was it someplace else hidden? When did he actually leave Gianni's car up in Riverside? How did he manage to get Gianni in the trunk? Where location-wise and when did he shot Gianni?
These questions are just the tip of the huge ice berg floating in my head.

Questions:
Did he drive off in his own car right after the mall shootings? Did he have Gianni's car to drive away in or was it someplace else hidden? When did he actually leave Gianni's car up in Riverside? How did he manage to get Gianni in the trunk? Where location-wise and when did he shot Gianni?

Someone a ways back (maybe best?) had mentioned the car-to-go being around that area. I suppose that could be a possibility as the "suspect's" car and not having to leave his real car behind ... but I think LE would check who last rented that really quickly.

I don't know how a guy of his smaller size could manage the maneuver into the trunk ... that's very bothersome.

And I just remember that one person up at the Riverside mall saying they noticed the car because it was parked in their regular spot and it hadn't been there long.

I suppose there's a small possibility that there is some room in the suspect's garage and maybe his sister and brother-in-law were gone for a long while for the holidays. But how could he get all the way to Riverside undetected unless he switched plates ... unlikely though!

I sure hope this all becomes clearer tomorrow!

I imagine the holiday season is when Target employees get a lot of hours of work.

Confused about the which car CM was actually getting into that night at the mall. We had reports of a gray car and then there was Gianni's car that could look gray.

Questions:

Same here, I have questions busting out all over the place.

Someone a ways back (maybe best?) had mentioned the car-to-go being around that area. I suppose that could be a possibility as the "suspect's" car and not having to leave his real car behind ... but I think LE would check who last rented that really quickly.

I don't know how a guy of his smaller size could manage the maneuver into the trunk ... that's very bothersome.

And I just remember that one person up at the Riverside mall saying they noticed the car because it was parked in their regular spot and it hadn't been there long.

I suppose there's a small possibility that there is some room in the suspect's garage and maybe his sister and brother-in-law were gone for a long while for the holidays. But how could he get all the way to Riverside undetected unless he switched plates ... unlikely though!

I sure hope this all becomes clearer tomorrow!

I dearly hope we get some answers tomorrow. I don't know how he could have hidden the decomp smell for weeks before the car was discovered, really, really strange how he managed it all, if he did it all on his own.

Hi all...sorry just posting that I can lurk here better than post as I seem to get knocked out after 2 minutes. Argh! But wanted to thank gettez for posting the arrest warrant although I can't see it yet. And I will let Best answer all updates. Was cool to see the FB page on the KFMB news but the information shared wasn't exactly right. Hope this posts! :tantrum:

It is hard to fathom only one person doing this, for sure ... do we know the arraignment time yet?

:waitasec:It's such a long drive up to the Riverside area. If you google map the address where Gianni's car was found, you'll see it's an odd place, and quite populated, to think of going on the sly. Everybody was looking for Gianni and his car at that time! Again, a bold action. (must think he has the power to be invisible, huh) :hiding:

So thankful they caught him with those weapons in January, only a day after Gianni's body was found. But what's that about? Why was he still in possession of the weapons and driving around with them?
:doh: Big mistake.

Law enforcement officials say Gianni Belvedere died of gunshot wound to head
Posted: 1:36 PM, Feb 7, 2014
http://www.10news.com/news/law-enfo...elvedere-died-of-gunshot-wound-to-head-020714

"...a green 2004 Toyota Camry parked in the 19500 block of Van Buren Boulevard in Riverside. His body was in the trunk of the vehicle." BBM

Hi all...sorry just posting that I can lurk here better than post as I seem to get knocked out after 2 minutes. Argh! But wanted to thank gettez for posting the arrest warrant although I can't see it yet. And I will let Best answer all updates. Was cool to see the FB page on the KFMB news but the information shared wasn't exactly right. Hope this posts! :tantrum:

WS is having difficults times just lately, huh? Hopefully once we're switched over to the new format things will smooth out, sorry you're having such problems, at this particular time especially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manga