GUILTY CA - Gianni, 24, & Sal Belvedere, 22, Ilona Flint, 22, San Diego, 24 Dec 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry for quoting myself here. But rumor did have it that he was immediately taken to the PS Unit at UCSD at the time of his booking and that was perhaps the reason for the delay in the arraignment. At least now it is confirmed that's where he was and not injured. Although is will be interesting if he does show up for the arraignment with facial injuries. I sure hope they give us more information after...

Yeah...not booted off yet :) This story and news reports about him being stopped at the San Onofre checkpoint has a some holes in it somewhere and nags at me. They have said he was pulled over at the checkpoint on his return from target shooting in the desert. The only checkpoints are going north out of San Diego and not south into San Diego and that goes for all Boarder Patrol check points throughout the county.

Also they don't pull many automobile over unless they assume you are from Mexico and not a resident. Perhaps he just looked more Hispanic than Filipino?

:moo:

I'm not familiar with checkpoints, but are they always in the same place, or do they switch it up? I'm asking because if one knows there is a checkpoint, why risk having weapons in the car?

Yeah...not booted off yet :) This story and news reports about him being stopped at the San Onofre checkpoint has a some holes in it somewhere and nags at me. They have said he was pulled over at the checkpoint on his return from target shooting in the desert. The only checkpoints are going north out of San Diego and not south into San Diego and that goes for all Boarder Patrol check points throughout the county.

Also they don't pull many automobile over unless they assume you are from Mexico and not a resident. Perhaps he just looked more Hispanic than Filipino?

:moo:

Maybe they were surveilling him and the checkpoint was a convenient way to search the car? :moo:

Did anyone see the Supreme Court ruling this morning regarding cell phones after arrest? It's a game changer for sure for LE. I hope all search warrants are and were in effect for this investigation. And others.

BTW it would be nice to get a blow up enlargement of the plates on that car in the driveway to see if it matches one discussed on scanner that night.

JMO's

Regarding the checkpoints, the Border ones are always in the same place and heading north ... they're at Camp Pendleton and Temecula/Riverside. I have read contradicting info as well ... going to or leaving from target practice and that it was CP or Riverside.

Here's where I saw Riverside mentioned for the first time:

"Berg is the attorney of record on another case against Mercado, who was arrested five months ago in Riverside with several weapons, including an assault weapon and a silencer."

http://www.10news.com/news/arraignm...ado-could-give-information-on-possible-motive

The checkpoints are open sometimes and closed others, but for the most part, they just wave you through unless you look like you're carrying drugs or something ... just my experience!

I'm not familiar with checkpoints, but are they always in the same place, or do they switch it up? I'm asking because if one knows there is a checkpoint, why risk having weapons in the car?

Vedder all checkpoints are stationary buildings and are not moved around. Whenever you leave San Diego county you know you are going to pass through one but for the most part you don't even slow down (except all trucks must exit for additional searchs). Once in awhile the border patrol stations make everyone come to a stop before driving through and it's a nod and a wave and your off again. They limit times of day in this process as not to create horrific traffic jams.

Sorry...repeating gettez comment above...

I appreciate the "repetitive" or "duplicate" responses, because you get ALL the information in multiple posts ... SDHELPS added a lot to what I said to give non-San Diegans a better all-around description. I always forget something!

Any word about the arraignment yet?

I appreciate the "repetitive" or "duplicate" responses, because you get ALL the information in multiple posts ... SDHELPS added a lot to what I said to give non-San Diegans a better all-around description. I always forget something!

I appreciate it as well! I'm clear across the country in New York. "Checkpoints" for us is when the cops make you slow down by entrance ramps to check your registration or inspection sticker, or DWI stops on holiday weekends. I had no idea these checkpoints are actual buildings.

carlo_mercado_arraign_1403729348222_6522010_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

So when is the next court appearance? Did his attorney waive reading of charges? I did not really expect any new information on the charges. Just giving the Judge enough to hold over for trial and prevent bail.
JMO's

#JusticeForGianni
#JusticeForIlona
#JusticeForSal

:heartbeat:

:rose: :rose: :rose:

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triple Homicide Suspect Could Face Death Penalty, Life in Prison: DA
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...riple-Homicide-Belvedere-Flint-264616411.html

"He was arraigned on three first-degree murder charges at the San Diego County Courthouse Wednesday and entered a not guilty plea. In court, he appeared disheveled and despondent, keeping his head hung low. He only uttered a few words when prompted by a judge."

Also the DA will decide before the trial whether or not to seek the Death Penalty.

"Each count carries a sentence to 25 years to life in state prison. The complaint also indicates that Mercado is eligible for the death penalty in this case if he is convicted of more than one murder. The district attorney will decide before trial whether or not to seek the death penalty or life in prison."

BBM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member