GUILTY CA - Gianni, 24, & Sal Belvedere, 22, Ilona Flint, 22, San Diego, 24 Dec 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome information!! You seem to be pretty knowledgeable about the whole thing thanks for updating :)

Gianni was shot in the left side of his head, as if he was shot through the driver side window, similar to Sal. But there is a huge pool of blood found on the passenger seat of Gianni's vehicle. The cops think he was shot and the pushed over to the passenger side so his head wound was bleeding on the passenger seat. Then, later he was moved to the trunk. IMO the clothing could have been scrunched up while the body was being moved, but other I have spoken to disagree with me. There is no indication that Gianni was sexually assaulted from what I have heard. Gianni's cell phone was pining around Mission Valley mall between 2328 and 2343 hours, according to the search warrant. Then his phone gets shut off.

Also in court today, prosecutors revealed CM did not own the White Ford Explorer at the time of the murders. He purchased the vehicle on Jan 11 from a RIVERSIDE woman who advertised it on Craigslist. The woman lived four blocks from where Gianni's vehicle/body were found, according to court testimony today.

Gianni was shot in the left side of his head, as if he was shot through the driver side window, similar to Sal. But there is a huge pool of blood found on the passenger seat of Gianni's vehicle. The cops think he was shot and the pushed over to the passenger side so his head wound was bleeding on the passenger seat. Then, later he was moved to the trunk. IMO the clothing could have been scrunched up while the body was being moved, but other I have spoken to disagree with me. There is no indication that Gianni was sexually assaulted from what I have heard. Gianni's cell phone was pining around Mission Valley mall between 2328 and 2343 hours, according to the search warrant. Then his phone gets shut off.

Also in court today, prosecutors revealed CM did not own the White Ford Explorer at the time of the murders. He purchased the vehicle on Jan 11 from a RIVERSIDE woman who advertised it on Craigslist. The woman lived four blocks from where Gianni's vehicle/body were found, according to court testimony today.

It would be interesting to know how much was paid for the Ford Explorer and where did he get the money from. I'd also be willing to bet that Jan. 11th was when he drove Gianni's car with him in it to Riverside. The Explorer was his ride back to SD area.

I believe they are saying that an additional 30 some search warrants should be released about 5:00 PM tonite.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/26440273/more-evidence-revealed-in-triple-murder-hearing

JMO

Here is the latest from todays prelim on MSM.

There are 30 unsealed search warrants that could reveal a motive in this case.

The hearing is set to wrap up Wednesday afternoon.

Video states the case should wrap up by 2:30 pm this afternoon and that the 30 unsealed search warrants should be available to the media by 5:00 pm tonight. Dear Lord 30...it's going to be a long evening....

Video at link: http://www.cbs8.com/story/26440273/more-evidence-revealed-in-triple-murder-hearing

ETA: Sorry jggordo as now I see you had this link. I swear I didn't see your comments on this before lol That alone should tell me I have no business trying to digest all of this info at once!

Property seized in the search warrant include #9) Fox Rental Car receipts and key.

Ilona couldn't reach Gianni and made a bunch of phone calls. Yet, Gianni's out and about and at 11:00 buys Xanax, then he is on the phone with his Uncle, I guess, at around 11:30. Hadn't he and Ilona talked at all? Then, he isn't heard from and Ilona has to call the family home to get Sal to pick her up.

The confusion for me is supposedly Gianni may have been at the mall, or according to the witnesses someone who looked like him. It seems as though CM or somebody had Gianni under their control by then. I can't make sense out of it yet.

New Details in Christmas Eve Killings
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...ristmas-Killings-273601641.html#ixzz3CHOnl6eG

"Several witnesses told police that they saw a man standing near the victim's car and walk away. Under cross-examination by the defense, Norris testified that those witnesses saw an image of Gianni Belvedere on the news after the shooting and later told police they believed the man they saw walk away from the car was Gianni."

then this

"A drug dealer told investigators that Gianni Belvedere had bought heroin from her daily since August 2013 until the time he disappeared, the detective testified. At 7 p.m. on the night of the shootings, the shooting victim bought two grams of heroin, Norris testified."

"Another drug dealer told police Gianni purchased seven Xanax pills around 11 p.m. that same night."

"Gianni's last call, a 10-minute conversation, was recorded at 11:33 p.m. After 11:43 p.m., there was no other activity on Gianni's phone."

BBM

2300 hrs = 11:00 p.m. Thank You for your posts.

So, what time did the witnesses see who they later thought was Gianni walk away from the car? Also, I think LE said his car was seen driving westbound after the shootings. Was CM driving it?

Can you tell I'm still confused?

BBM

I am beginning to wonder if possibly Gianni was not necessarily "using" $250/ day but selling at least part of it. By not buying too much at a time he would be less concerned about a large amount for "holding". I believe Xanax is used by heroin users to cushion the "coming down" attributed to it's use. $250 a day is a LOT of heroin even for two people and including Xanax. IMO nearly everyone around them with this kind of use would know because of it's being obvious. You're not going to be able to work in close proximity (like in the restaurant) without being obvious. The high, the lows. Many users "deal" just enough to wash the cost of their use, which makes them addicted to both causing a trap with no way out.

And at the same time the dealers that LE talked to are not going to admit "Gianni was one of my dealers, I was the supplier".

JMO's

SDHELPS, do you and BEST have a couple bottles of wine lined out for the search warrant review? I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop in this case. Too much money and drugs flying around for a lone Target worker to just do this crime happenstance as far as I'm concerned. We'll see. Plus the defense attorney turning up the heat and moving up the prelim to now. Something's gotta give. I believe Mercado is being held in a PSHYC unit for more than being unstable, and defense is putting someone(s) on notice.

JMO's

Judge ordered to stand trial.

SAN DIEGO (CBS 8) – A judge Wednesday ordered a man to stand trial in the shooting deaths of three people, two of whom were killed in the parking lot of a Mission Valley Macy's store last Christmas Eve.

Carlo Mercado, sat in court Wednesday avoiding eye contact with witnesses and the murder victims' family members.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/26440273/man-accused-in-triple-murder-ordered-to-stand-trial

Jealousy. IMO he wanted to humiliate him maybe because Gianni had Ilona?

"On Jan. 17, Gianni’s body was discovered in the trunk of his own car in Riverside about an hour and a half north of San Diego County. He, too, had been fatally shot, and his decomposing body was found with his pants and underwear around his ankles and his shirt and sweater pulled over his arms, prosecutors say.

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...ristmas-Killings-273601641.html#ixzz3CHOnl6eG
Follow us: @nbcsandiego on Twitter | NBCSanDiego on Facebook

BBM - What would motivate the killer to partially remove clothing from the body?

Also with his shirt and sweater pulled over his arms and pants around his ankles would immobilize his movement from swinging or running while executing him.

JMO

Just a thought that maybe CM was really furious at Ilona for some reason. If he already had Gianni, then why go through with the rest of it. Why'd he kill Ilona too?

Also with his shirt and sweater pulled over his arms and pants around his ankles would immobilize his movement from swinging or running while executing him.

JMO

True. Maybe it's easier to drag a body and lift or maneuver it into a trunk?

In my opinion - I am thinking that Ilona was probably not the main target. I don't think this was a case of CM being infatuated with her. Maybe Gianni and/or Sal had made some bad dealings with drug dealers. Maybe one or both of the brothers had a huge debt or screwed someone over selling drugs. It looks to everyone like Ilona was targeted because CM was watching her and following her but maybe CM was only watching her because he knew she would lead them to Gianni and/or Sal. Once Gianni was killed, CM knew Ilona would lure Sal out to pick her up from work. Maybe Ilona had to be killed because she was a witness to Sal's murder. This is just one way I'm looking at it. But, it is all so confusing with all of this evidence coming out. My mind is spinning...

Sorry to jump in here, I've been following mostly silently from the sidelines...
I think CM already intercepted Gianni before midnight, and went back to tail Ilona. It seems obvious that Ilona didn't know CM when he asked her for 'fake' directions in the mall correct?
What was Gianna wearing again that night? Sorry, I don't remember (per the witnesses claiming he was the shooter)? And, Gianni was found with the same clothes in the trunk.
This is just so horrible all the way around.
p.s. how much does '2 grams of heroin' cost (per the drug deal at 7 pm that night).
Back to my lurk corner...

Sorry to jump in here, I've been following mostly silently from the sidelines...
I think CM already intercepted Gianni before midnight, and went back to tail Ilona. It seems obvious that Ilona didn't know CM when he asked her for 'fake' directions in the mall correct?
What was Gianna wearing again that night? Sorry, I don't remember (per the witnesses claiming he was the shooter)? And, Gianni was found with the same clothes in the trunk.
This is just so horrible all the way around.
p.s. how much does '2 grams of heroin' cost (per the drug deal at 7 pm that night).
Back to my lurk corner...

Ran a search on the cost of two grams last night.
It depends on the kind of heroin, the quality, and location of where you're buying it. Roughly, I figure two grams might cost $90-$300, but I have no idea really what the price is around here.

I wonder if CM had Sal's phone and the keys prior to shooting, that would prevent their escape and/or call for help. It just doesn't make sense to take the keys afterwards, imo.

In my opinion - I am thinking that Ilona was probably not the main target. I don't think this was a case of CM being infatuated with her. Maybe Gianni and/or Sal had made some bad dealings with drug dealers. Maybe one or both of the brothers had a huge debt or screwed someone over selling drugs. It looks to everyone like Ilona was targeted because CM was watching her and following her but maybe CM was only watching her because he knew she would lead them to Gianni and/or Sal. Once Gianni was killed, CM knew Ilona would lure Sal out to pick her up from work. Maybe Ilona had to be killed because she was a witness to Sal's murder. This is just one way I'm looking at it. But, it is all so confusing with all of this evidence coming out. My mind is spinning...

I think it's odd that Sal was only shot once, yet Ilona was shot 3 times and Gianni was shot in the head and his clothes were in such an embarrassing position in the trunk. It makes me think Ilona was the 'target.' Or maybe she was just a witness that he had to make sure wasn't able to describe anything?

Even worse to contemplate, is there some reason all 3 of them would be targeted the same night? I mean maybe it's just me but seems like you have to be pretty angry or desperate to murder 3 people on Christmas Eve, don't you?

Long way of saying yeah.. my mind is spinning too. There is way more to all of this, IMO.

The most popular heroin in SD is black tar from Mexico. Don't ask how I know, lol. Not sure of the cost of that crap, but it may narrow your research a bit.
Ran a search on the cost of two grams last night.
It depends on the kind of heroin, the quality, and location of where you're buying it. Roughly, I figure two grams might cost $90-$300, but I have no idea really what the price is around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member