CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 Mar 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

This is a new article about the Hart siblings adopted from Texas. The author has just published a book based on the Harts and stories of other families.

Roxanna Asgarian, who covers law and courts for The Texas Tribune, is the author of “We Were Once a Family: A Story of Love, Death, and Child Removal in America,”published today by Farrar, Straus & Giroux, from which this essay is excerpted.
Thanks for sharing this article. I read several paragraphs then had to stop, unfortunately.

We live in a world where children are frequently born into no hope. Jeremiah, Devonte & Cierra fell into state care then were sent too far away to live with strangers who were unfit when they could have possibly maintained some contact with the few stable & loving people in their lives by remaining in a state placement in Houston.

Blaming CPS does not even begin to resolve any of the issues around the incredible, persistently dangerous instability in these children's lives before or after placement although giving them to the Harts was STUPID since there was no period of ongoing oversight. Just sign some paper & they're yours to take far away from their roots :(

I started not to even read this hit piece because of the subtitle: After a murder-suicide in 2018, a reporter spent years investigating Texas’ troubled foster care system. Too often, it prioritized terminating parental rights over keeping birth families intact.

Jeremiah, Devonte & Cierra & their older brother Dontay would never have had an "intact family" in the traditional meaning of that term.

Answers are not easy when drug addicts have too many children they cannot properly care for. Until & unless that problem can be resolved, children will be victimized from conception.

To think the state can resolve the basic problem with any solution is overly optimistic, especially when the options caseworkers have are not much better than the ones children are already experiencing.

Having seen what Riverside County did to the vulnerable Turpin children, I am left with absolutely no hope.

JMHO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back