CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 March 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This video shows a drive along the road and past the turn out in question. No lighting.

Bridge and the two turnouts come into good view beginning approx. 30 seconds in. In driving past the turnouts, it would seem to me to be a more dangerous drive where one could accidently go off after the turnouts.

Judging by the photos in the Daily Mail article already linked, they went over the cliff just at the end of the 1st turnout seen and landed between the two. You can see the crime tape set up in the entry area to that 1st turnout (where police say there were no skid or break marks).

I hope they find the missing three children safe, but it doesn't seem like that bit of happy ending is likely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgkHHf4PChs

Thank you to mods for merging these threads. I thought I looked everywhere for a thread on this family-- found it here.

I actually think this entire situation, from the time in Minnesota, to the car crash in Northern California, goes far, far beyond a "missing persons" situation-- like the McStay family, for example.

Something very odd was going on over multiple years, IMO, that culminated with this rushed trip of too many people in a pickup truck, and ended at the bottom of a cliff at the pacific ocean in NorCal. And 3 victim teens not found yet.

I have to wonder if the missing 3 were not even in the car at the point it went off the cliff?

Could there have been some kind of angry altercation, and the 3 misssing teens were out of the car (voluntarily or otherwise) before the turnout at the cliff?

I can't be the only person to wonder if these 3 missing teens are dead "somewhere else" along the route from Woodland, WA to the final cliff crash site.

This video shows a drive along the road and past the turn out in question. No lighting.

Bridge and the two turnouts come into good view beginning approx. 30 seconds in. In driving past the turnouts, it would seem to me to be a more dangerous drive where one could accidently go off after the turnouts.

Judging by the photos in the Daily Mail article already linked, they went over the cliff just at the end of the 1st turnout seen and landed between the two. You can see the crime tape set up in the entry area to that 1st turnout (where police say there were no skid or break marks).

I hope they find the missing three children safe, but it doesn't seem like that bit of happy ending is likely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgkHHf4PChs

Looking at this and Google maps the road does appear to curve ever so slightly to the left (as if you were driving on it). Drawing a straight line from the road off the bridge would put you exactly at the end of the first turnout if you missed the slight curve of the road in, say, the dark. That could be a possibility, since that is where they went off.

Suicide ? And took the kids with them ?
Something made those women panic when CPS knocked at the door --- even though it wasn't the first time.
Those poor kids !!!!!
:moo:

Of course it was intentional. IMO. We have another super dysfunctional family who decided to end it all rather than allow their pretend happy family fantasy to unravel in front of everyone.

They were already in the system due to the prior allegations and so their response is to move to an isolated area, pull the kids out of school to homeschool them and thereby further isolate their kids and have a cover for the obvious abuse and neglect that was occurring. Another family using homeschooling to as a tool to hide the reality of what was going on. But now CPS was back anyhow.

These parents likely had major issues. They were clearly abusive, withholding food as punishment. I bet they, like many similar families, viewed the government with suspicion and as an enemy out to destroy them. The paranoia probably grew as efforts were made by outsiders to protect their kids so they felt cornered and decided to end the family.

That's my opinion.

I never understand how things get to such a point. I wonder if a lot of these types of abusive parents have serious narcissism issues that cause them to erupt in rage and fear that the carefully constructed appearance they've managed to create is crumbling to reveal the truth of who they are.

Narcissists at core are deeply insecure, dysfunctional people who live in terror that the truth of who they are will be discovered. It can cause them to become enraged and dangerous.

If it was dark, I'm wondering if the kids had their seatbelts off because they were sleeping? Maybe they unbuckled and were laying on the seat/floors napping? I would NEVER let my kids do that, they always had to figure out a way to lean over on a pillow but stay buckled in. That would make the most sense to me though on why mom's had seatbelts on but kids didn't :( Growing up in the 80's, my dad always had a van and we always played/slept in the back and were never buckled in on road trips :/ This is sooooooooo sad!!!

Looking at the pull-off, it seems to be a huge area to run off the road. I need to go back and read, was it dark? If yes, then I can absolutely see them thinking they were making a turn onto a road and not realizing they were actually driving off of it. We had local case (Ben & Cody) who took a turn and drove right into the lake when it was dark. It happens in unfamiliar areas.

I recall someone a couple of years back went into a creek because their GPS lead them into it. It was dark out and they didn't realize that it wasn't a road- luckily it wasn't very deep and the driver was safe and able to get out of the car on their own. Could this have happened, especially if it was dark out and there were no street lights? Sometimes those GPS' can take you to some strange places that you didn't intend to go, or their information is old or incorrect.

I guess we can hope that the missing 3 were abandoned somewhere and will be found, hopefully, alive. Need to scrutinize their route.

Thank you to mods for merging these threads. I thought I looked everywhere for a thread on this family-- found it here.

I actually think this entire situation, from the time in Minnesota, to the car crash in Northern California, goes far, far beyond a "missing persons" situation-- like the McStay family, for example.

Something very odd was going on over multiple years, IMO, that culminated with this rushed trip of too many people in a pickup truck, and ended at the bottom of a cliff at the pacific ocean in NorCal. And 3 victim teens not found yet.

I have to wonder if the missing 3 were not even in the car at the point it went off the cliff?

Could there have been some kind of angry altercation, and the 3 misssing teens were out of the car (voluntarily or otherwise) before the turnout at the cliff?

I can't be the only person to wonder if these 3 missing teens are dead "somewhere else" along the route from Woodland, WA to the final cliff crash site.

No you're not the only person to wonder if the three missing are dead somewhere else. I wonder if they were given the ultimate punishment because the adults (I can't bring myself to call them parents) deemed the missing three responsible for CPS coming down on them.

I recall someone a couple of years back went into a creek because their GPS lead them into it. It was dark out and they didn't realize that it wasn't a road- luckily it wasn't very deep and the driver was safe and able to get out of the car on their own. Could this have happened, especially if it was dark out and there were no street lights? Sometimes those GPS' can take you to some strange places that you didn't intend to go, or their information is old or incorrect.

True enough. I've had mine try to direct me to cross a lake and a cow pasture. Fortunately it was daylight at the time, and I could see the lake and the cows!

Are we basing the idea that they were going hungry by one child going to the neighbors house to get food multiple times one week?
This non biological family is a collection of children, probably all from different backgrounds. IMO some or all may have some trauma or mental issues that stemmed before being adopted.This may be reasons for strange visits to the neighbors.
It was also stated that they didn't eat sugar and grew their own veggies. Could this one child gone over and received food once and thought "wow this is great" and decided to return to get more of the food they didn't have access to at home?
These, of course, are just other views from the outside looking in. It doesn't explain the hurried exit after CSB visited.

I do find it strange that the children didn't have seat belts on but the parents did...usually its the other way around.

* didnt see the NYT article until after I posted.

Abusers routinely use the excuse that the kids had some sort of mental health or other issue that caused them to either hoard food or act hungry all the time or appear super thin.

No. we are basing the idea that they were going hungry on the following:

1. One parent had been charged with domestic violence and malicious punishment of a child. Her plea agreement allowed the charge of malicious punishment to be dropped. The 6 year old child involved had told a teacher that her mom had given her "owies" on her back and stomach. The mother admitted to "losing control" while spanking her.
2. CPS was previously involved with this family.
3. After these charges and CPS' involvement, the family ultimately withdrew their kids from school and began homeschooling them and moved to an isolated rural area.
4. One child began going to a neighbor's house ROUTINELY asking for food. He stated his parents "weren't feeding them" and were "punishing them by withholding food." He came over almost every day for a week, and asked the neighbor to leave food in a box by the fence for him.
5. A DIFFERENT child went to a neighbor's house at 1:30 am, wrapped in a blanket, asking for help, saying she needed protection and was being abused.
6. The family immediately disappeared after CPS came knocking on their door.
7. The family (most of them) were found dead at the bottom of a cliff after their car had driven off it in a suspicious accident that involved no skid or brake marks and a very wide turnout.

Yeah I think the allegations by those vulnerable children were undoubtedly true and not the claims of disturbed kids.

People like I think these probably were often use kids as props to create an appearance of some kind. When the curtain is lifted they have no use for the props anymore or they want to destroy their props so they can't lift the curtain.

All these kids are gone. There is no one left to reveal the truth of what was really going on in that house.

I guess we can hope that the missing 3 were abandoned somewhere and will be found, hopefully, alive. Need to scrutinize their route.

I really hope there's a chance. Maybe some of the kids did indeed escape and as a result the mothers decided to end it all because they realized what was about to come out about them?

I can only hope because that means three kids might be safe.

Breaks my heart to see these stories. I wish I had the money and time to adopt. Maybe someday when my kids are grown.

True enough. I've had mine try to direct me to cross a lake and a cow pasture. Fortunately it was daylight at the time, and I could see the lake and the cows!

Oh and look at that Uber driver less car that just killed a pedestrian recently in Arizona and another Uber driver less car went down the wrong way on a one way street in Pittsburgh. Technology is a great tool most of the time, but like everything else, it has its problems, too. Look up "GPS fails" in your search bars- I saw where quite a few people ended up in lakes, streams, and rivers because their GPS lead them all there and they didn't know they were going into the water because it was dark.

Christ, what a story. Horrible pair of women.

Are we basing the idea that they were going hungry by one child going to the neighbors house to get food multiple times one week?
This non biological family is a collection of children, probably all from different backgrounds. IMO some or all may have some trauma or mental issues that stemmed before being adopted.This may be reasons for strange visits to the neighbors.
It was also stated that they didn't eat sugar and grew their own veggies. Could this one child gone over and received food once and thought "wow this is great" and decided to return to get more of the food they didn't have access to at home?
These, of course, are just other views from the outside looking in. It doesn't explain the hurried exit after CSB visited.

I do find it strange that the children didn't have seat belts on but the parents did...usually its the other way around.

* didnt see the NYT article until after I posted.

I think there may well have been something going on with the family, but Devonte recently going to neighbours, saying his parents were denying him food as punishment, just sounds an awful lot like something he'd picked up from stories about the Turpin case. I can definitely see that a 16 year old who is being denied sugar and processed food, and given vegetarian food,
might use that as a story to get some tasty junk food from the neighbours, or perhaps the family were broke.

Whatever their story turns out to be, I don't believe it was identical to the Turpins, the family were out and about in the world, though they'd been burned by too much publicity in 2014, death threats, etc.

I'd like to know the circumstances of the adoptions, how and when those occurred.Because one of the posts that was in an article by a family friend had Jen (the eloquent writer) discussing that it was the adoption day anniversary for THREE of the kids. That means that 3 were adopted at once. What are the situations of the other 3 that were adopted-- individually adopted, or as a group? Foster to adopt? What order did all the kids join the family? At what ages?

I'm an adoptive parent, and it's a red flag when 3 unrelated siblings are adopted at the same time-- highly discouraged by many agencies, but sought after by private organizations (often religious). It's also a red flag when kids are adopted out of natural birth order-- many agencies prohibit this because it disrupts the family dynamics substantially. I don't see religion as a motivation or issue here, though. It's possible the 3 adopted together are siblings, but from the ages and appearance, I think it's doubtful.

The couple had been "together" for 20 years (article), but likely have only been legally married in the past few years as it became legalized across the U.S. The oldest child is 19. I know it's not popular to think about, but gay couples were prohibited from adopting children both domestically and internationally until fairly recently. (That's partly why some female couples often built their families thru pregnancy with a sperm donor-- because they couldn't qualify to adopt as a gay couple.) If a gay couple did adopt back then (before legal marriage), usually one of the couple posed as a single parent to get thru the process, and they concealed the relationship. Single parents used to be welcomed for international adoption, but now are prohibited by most international countries (it's not a U.S. policy). Many countries prohibit gay couples from adopting internationally still.

These kind of issues (concealing relationships, adoption of groups of kids who may be unrelated, or have serious background issues) could have added significantly to the stress within the family, IMO. They did seem quite motivated to present a "perfect family" appearance in their social media. There's a lot of pressure online to have the "perfect" family, "perfect" everything.

This was deliberate. These 2 decided to kill the whole family. Nut jobs. Poor kids. They didn't stand a chance.

This may have been mentioned, but is it possible since it was a 5 seater vehicle and only 5 were found that the other 3 may have been riding in the cab? Then to get even gorier, maybe the driver told them to be back there knowing she was going to drive off that cliff?

100% speculation.

Editing to clarify that I meant the bed of the truck. Three in the cab and three in the bed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may have been mentioned, but is it possible since it was a 5 seater vehicle and only 5 were found that the other 3 may have been riding in the cab? Then to get even gorier, maybe the driver told them to be back there knowing she was going to drive off that cliff?

Was it a 2003 GMC extended cab pickup? Or a GMC SUV, like a Suburban? I've only seen '2003 GMC' and 'SUV'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Owlsorflowers