CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 March 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it a 2003 GMC extended cab pickup? Or a GMC SUV, like a Suburban? I've only seen '2003 GMC' and 'SUV'.

According to the dailymail article posted above it was a GMC Sierra 5 seater, so I think that would be extended cab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to the dailymail article posted above it was a GMC Sierra 5 seater, so I think that would be extended cab

Well, toss my theory they were all out of seat belts because they were sleeping on seats/floor. For some reason I thought it was a VAN, not a truck. I don't have an explanation for non-seatbelt use then....

And we have an extended cab. There still isn't a ton of room, especially for 6 kids and several being teenagers. My 16 year old take up 1/2 the back seat himself with his long legs.

Got it. If that's accurate, then my guess is all 6 kids were in the open bed of the pickup. It's not so easy to eject a passenger from the back seat of an enclosed vehicle. But if they were all in the bed, I can easily see 3 still on the shore and 3 washed away. :(

Got it. If that's accurate, then my guess is all 6 kids were in the open bed of the pickup. It's not so easy to eject a passenger from the back seat of an enclosed vehicle. But if they were all in the bed, I can easily see 3 still on the shore and 3 washed away. :(

Ugh that’s even sadder to think about :(

I think there may well have been something going on with the family, but Devonte recently going to neighbours, saying his parents were denying him food as punishment, just sounds an awful lot like something he'd picked up from stories about the Turpin case. I can definitely see that a 16 year old who is being denied sugar and processed food, and given vegetarian food,
might use that as a story to get some tasty junk food from the neighbours, or perhaps the family were broke.

Whatever their story turns out to be, I don't believe it was identical to the Turpins, the family were out and about in the world, though they'd been burned by too much publicity in 2014, death threats, etc.

The Turpins reportedly were angling for a reality tv show.

The Willis Clan, the Duggars, the 5 Browns, the Jackson 5, countless child stars- many families that are hiding extreme abuse are out and about in the public eye.

No one is saying these cases are identical or that this case is "identical" to the Turpins. But I find it quite sad that anyone would be quick to assume the kids in this case were exaggerating their claims of abuse as they pled for help. Especially under the circumstances of this family. Why? What is it about these parents that would cause anyone to believe they didn't do what was alleged and that the poor kids might be lying? Did the kid say, "yeah I'm being starved but please. I only want candy"?

This right here is why many abuse victims suffer in silence.

Regardless, parading your props in public doesn't impress me or make me think they had nothing to hide. Narcissists often do such things. Perhaps those children helped them present a certain picture and/or get accolades and attention at the various events they went to. Here is this progressive LGBTQ family with all these diverse foster kids. They'd be considered downright heroic
champions of certain causes, frankly.

The reality was undoutedly different. Domestic abuse. Losing control spanking an adopted child. Isolation. Calls to CPS.

If I lived near them we would probably run in the same social circles. But that doesn't cloud my ability to see that there was more than likely something terrible going on in that house that led to a horrific end and to not doubt the word of young people begging for help.

I sincerely doubt this was an accident.

It seems very unlikely that the GPS made them drive into the water. That seems to happen when there is a hidden pond or lake.

This road was following right alongside the huge ocean, for many miles. The driver would be totally aware that the massive body of water was just right there. So I don't see how a GPS could convince the driver to make a sharp right, off the highway, across 75 feet of gravel, and over a cliff to the thundering ocean floor.

All articles I have seen, including the one in the opening comment, have stated the vehicle was an SUV, not a pickup truck.

I’ve listed 3 articles stating it was an SUV below.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap...are-officials-visited-family-drove-cliff.html

http://www.wfsb.com/story/37833357/officials-believe-6-kids-were-in-suv-that-plunged-off-cliff

http://time.com/5220876/the-hart-tribe-sarah-jennifer-family/

[FONT=&quot]Court records in Minnesota show that Sarah Hart received a 90-day, suspended jail sentence and a year of probation after her 6-year-old daughter arrived at school in 2010 with bruises on her stomach and back. The girl told a teacher, "Mom hit me," according to records.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Sarah immediately took responsibility for the spanking that occurred the previous day," the criminal court complaint said. Sarah told investigators they normally do not spank their children, according to court records, but said she let her anger get out of control and bent the girl over the edge of a bathtub to spank her, which likely caused the marks on her back and front.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...sf/2018/03/family_in_northern_california.html

This is chilling. Bending a child over furniture, a tub, or the like says the exact opposite of not "normally spanking their children." It seems like how those who regularly and often use corporal punishment spank their kids.

Reading that made me want to throw up.

And if it happened 7 years ago, did they adopt more kids AFTER that incident?[/FONT]

IF that is what happened fortunately they would have landed close enough to the shore that the bodies will wash-up. You need to go pretty far out into the ocean in order for a body to be washed out into the open water.

All articles I have seen, including the one in the opening comment, have stated the vehicle was an SUV, not a pickup truck.

I’ve listed 3 articles stating it was an SUV below.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap...are-officials-visited-family-drove-cliff.html

http://www.wfsb.com/story/37833357/officials-believe-6-kids-were-in-suv-that-plunged-off-cliff

http://time.com/5220876/the-hart-tribe-sarah-jennifer-family/

I thought I read it was a GMC Yukon but I can't find the article. I think a Yukon can have a third row bench installed.

From the moment i read about this accident, i had the feeling that it was deliberate. I mean no brake marks, skid marks, whatsoever. I would guess you would slam the break into the floor to stop in time.

Also reading the bad things, its likely a murder suicide.

What just popped in my head, about a different scenario, is could it be they maybe planned to (cant believe i am writing this) throw them off the cliff? That they were supposed to stop there, but by accident drove off?

I hope they find the other three soon. Preferably alive and well.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

The Latest: Probe into fatal SUV crash should reveal speed
http://www.bdtonline.com/news/the-l...cle_113d083a-7e01-5150-b3d4-dae10020b0cc.html
[...]

Experts say investigators should be able to determine how fast an SUV believed to be carrying a family of eight was traveling when it plunged off a cliff in California.

No one saw the 2003 GMC Yukon XL drive off a flat, dirt pullout overlooking the Pacific Ocean this week.

But Marcus Mazza, an engineer and reconstruction expert with Lancaster, Pennsylvania-based Robson Forensic, said Thursday that the SUV was required to have a "black box" that records accident data.

[...]

The Latest: Probe into fatal SUV crash should reveal speed
http://www.bdtonline.com/news/the-l...cle_113d083a-7e01-5150-b3d4-dae10020b0cc.html
[...]

Experts say investigators should be able to determine how fast an SUV believed to be carrying a family of eight was traveling when it plunged off a cliff in California.

No one saw the 2003 GMC Yukon XL drive off a flat, dirt pullout overlooking the Pacific Ocean this week.

But Marcus Mazza, an engineer and reconstruction expert with Lancaster, Pennsylvania-based Robson Forensic, said Thursday that the SUV was required to have a "black box" that records accident data.

[...]

Ok so a Yukon XL is likely an 8 passenger SUV. If that’s accurate then I got nothin’. It’s hard to be ejected, but they said the kids were out. So...I dunno.

How freaking sad. If there windows were down and they weren’t wearing seatbelts I can see how they might ejected. Poor kids.

I think it's very interesting, and worrisome, that one of the "missing" kids is Devonte. It is his frequent requests for food from the DeKalbs (neighbors) that appears to have triggered the most recent CPS contact. I can't shake the feeling that his disappearance is not simply a bad coincidence.

As thorough as the authorities have been at the crash scene, it doesn't seem reasonable that no trace has been found of Devonte, Hannah, and Sierra. I'm concerned that they are in another location altogether. Police authorities don't seem to believe they're alive, or on the run separately or together. They have not issued descriptions or BOLO alerts. Etc.

And they have still not released any more details on the proposed route the adults took. Or if they stayed over night anywhere, or stopped for gas, or stopped to eat. With a distance of 500-650 miles from their home, they would have had to stop at least once for gas to get that far.

Presumably they are tracing credit card transactions.

The story has been all over the national news. Yet no c- store workers, hotel, or restaurant workers have come forward to report they saw them while on the trip. They would have been a memorable group with 6 kids and 2 adults.

They had lived at the new home in Woodland for about 10 months-- purchased home may 2017. Previously, they lived in West Linn, OR. Woodland is about 1.5 hour drive (only 50 miles though) from West Linn. They were homeschooling at the West Linn location, too. Neighbor thinks they moved because of media attention after the 2014 pic of Devonte at the St Louis demonstrations went viral.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...iff-hes-still-missing/?utm_term=.f4235a6bf6bd

Ok so a Yukon XL is likely an 8 passenger SUV. If that’s accurate then I got nothin’. It’s hard to be ejected, but they said the kids were out. So...I dunno.

In an accident like this there's really no telling what physics is going to do. A probably explanation could go like this, think of it like a Bingo machine: you have multiple, unrestrained balls moving around the interior of the ball, as the ball spins a ball will fall out of the opening. Now think of that Bingo machine ball as a vehicle with at least two open windows, 6 unrestrained balls are freely moving as the vehicle flips down the canyon wall, due to the space in the back as the truck flips around those 6 balls really have no where else to go except through the windows as the vehicle tumbles.

This scenario is based on the speculation that the truck flipped, which I drew from the scene photo showing a steep incline of the embankment and the fact the truck landed on it's roof.

I think it's very interesting, and worrisome, that one of the "missing" kids is Devonte. It is his frequent requests for food from the DeKalbs (neighbors) that appears to have triggered the most recent CPS contact. I can't shake the feeling that his disappearance is not simply a bad coincidence.

As thorough as the authorities have been at the crash scene, it doesn't seem reasonable that no trace has been found of Devonte, Hannah, and Sierra. I'm concerned that they are in another location altogether. Police authorities don't seem to believe they're alive, or on the run separately or together. They have not issued descriptions or BOLO alerts. Etc.

And they have still not released any more details on the proposed route the adults took. Or if they stayed over night anywhere, or stopped for gas, or stopped to eat. With a distance of 500-650 miles from their home, they would have had to stop at least once for gas to get that far.

Presumably they are tracing credit card transactions.

The story has been all over the national news. Yet no c- store workers, hotel, or restaurant workers have come forward to report they saw them while on the trip. They would have been a memorable group with 6 kids and 2 adults.

I have to wonder if the adults even knew that CPS was going to stop by. In my limited experience with NJ CPS when they have received a complaint they don't announce when they are showing up, they just show up. After the initial visit they will arrange a second visit with you and the will ask you for a good time to stop by.

The DeKalbs implied that they were home the first time CPS came, but didn't open the door. The DeKalbs described the family leaving in a hurry shortly after that.

CPS came back on 2 more consecutive days and the home was empty. The third day they brought police for a welfare check, and they entered the house. Several articles discuss this, and say that's when the family pet was discovered uncared for, and that most of their belongings were not moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee