CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 March 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The long trip is interesting.
Why, if they intended to kill themselves and their children, did they drive so far?

I am also interested in hearing from witnesses who have seen them en route.
This family stood out, people would have noticed them.
They would have been out of the car at some points.
Why no witnesses yet?

It's possible it was done to create confusion...and have people wondering about this tragic event...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.google.com/maps/place/W...82484597070f74!8m2!3d39.6357155!4d-123.783075

So did they go off the end where the white vehicle is in this photo? and they went off forward, not backward, right? I hope this link works like I want it to!

ETA: I'd be scared to commit suicide that way--I'd be scared I'd survive but be horribly injured...IDK maybe if I saw it "live" it might look more certainly deadly? I guess with the water there one could assume they'd get knocked out and drown if nothing else? Did the airbags deploy do we know?

I agree. It doesn´t quite make sense, does it?
Who would choose to commit suicide that way?!

In fairness, neither did Hannah. It was Devonte that was asking for food. He may well have shared it though.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

But I think he had help with his plan like look outs etc... no way he was doing this alone.

My suspicion is that it was a "Thelma and Louise" moment. They probably had prior knowledge of the location. The highway isn't all cliffs. The direction of travel south (ocean on the right hand side) has a lot of near beach level roadway, and then it rises up to the overlook where the SUV drove over the cliff. The cliff is a right hand turn off the road way. A guard rail ends at the opening to the overlook parking area. It appears to be pretty deliberate. You can use Google Street View to take a virtual drive down the coast.

... while I understand the comparison, thelma and Louise did not take children with them... to use that comparison to me erases the horror of the death of the children and places attention on the adults only... they drove off a cliff and their names should be used IMHO

Nahko is now using a "defend the Harts" hashtag on Twitter and telling his "tribe" of followers to go after people posting critically about the murderers. Odd that he would choose to involve himself in that way.

ETA: he claims Devonte had an eating disorder.

News reports have not been able to determine when the Harts moved from MN to OR. Reports also say her probation in the abuse case ended in April 2012. On July 18, 2013, West Linn police generated a report based on a child welfare concern that came in to the department involving the Hart family.

Pictures show that the Hart tribe attended June and September festivals in at Harmony Park in Minnesota in both 2013 and 2014. That's quite a haul for a group of 8.

Last pix is the oldest photo I can find. I'm guessing it was taken about 10 years ago.

View attachment 132366

View attachment 132367

View attachment 132368

View attachment 132370

View attachment 132371

Ummm every event they are within a sea of white people.. why didn't they take them to events with a lot of Black People?!

I was rewatching the drone footage and I notice something red, looks kind of like the shape of a red plastic gas container.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVXbGnOP69M

start at 2:59

I had wondered earlier about what else was found on the scene. I specifically was thinking of a gas container bc if I thought about fleeing or was fleeing I would have gas in a container ready or would grab the gas container for lawn equipment. This is just speculation and I could be totally wrong that it is a gas container. It just stuck out to me.

I cannot find the article now. It said that they left MN because a cross was burned on their property in Alexandria.

Then the article said that they left Linn because of an incident a child had at achool, but the children were not attending school.

I looked online, but I cannot find a news story that talks about the cross burning. I would guess it would be newsworthy enough to be printed in lots of Mn papers.

No luck. I wonder if the story was made up?
The info about cross burning in MN was hearsay IMO. The Winnwood OR neighbor was relaying relayi g the story as told to his wife by the Harts. I believe the link was posted yesterday. I, myself do not believe this story. I think tbe stories they told neighbors were made up in an effort to provide a plausible excuse from moving from MN to OR and OR to WA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

That is very helpful, as well as incredibly terrifying! Okay now I get how one would not expect to survive that...and also it does look like they literally went straight west off the side into the ocean...I guess I needed that visual to "get" how it happened. Yeah, sure doesn't seem like something one could accidentally do...I mean, yeah I get turned around and whatnot, but like I mentioned earlier, I'm also terrified of accidentally turning off a boat ramp or something that when I do drive by oceans, I pay particularly close attention.

This family reminds me of so many families I've known...not necessarily the adoption thing, but the general "leftie" "granola" type thing...which is maybe why I'm struggling so much...like, my conscious mind knows appearances are just that, but I keep looking at Sarah's eyes in her photos and I'm just not seeing it...Jen, yes, actually, there's something about her I feel uneasy about, but Sarah looks like she could be my friend, you know? This whole thing is just perplexing and sad and awful.

CHP drone footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVXbGnOP69M

You can see the tracks that the Hart's SUV made from bringing it up from the bottom of the cliff.

I agree. It doesn´t quite make sense, does it?
Who would choose to commit suicide that way?!

Someone who was acting on an impulse, maybe, and hadn't done a lot of planning ahead of time. In the moment it might have seemed like the easiest and quickest escape.

That is very helpful, as well as incredibly terrifying! Okay now I get how one would not expect to survive that...and also it does look like they literally went straight west off the side into the ocean...I guess I needed that visual to "get" how it happened. Yeah, sure doesn't seem like something one could accidentally do...I mean, yeah I get turned around and whatnot, but like I mentioned earlier, I'm also terrified of accidentally turning off a boat ramp or something that when I do drive by oceans, I pay particularly close attention.

This family reminds me of so many families I've known...not necessarily the adoption thing, but the general "leftie" "granola" type thing...which is maybe why I'm struggling so much...like, my conscious mind knows appearances are just that, but I keep looking at Sarah's eyes in her photos and I'm just not seeing it...Jen, yes, actually, there's something about her I feel uneasy about, but Sarah looks like she could be my friend, you know? This whole thing is just perplexing and sad and awful.

Same here. I'm very similar to them.

I could see how an accident would happen at this cliff. I lived near a cliff for many years and there were a lot of accidents that resulted in death. If it was dark and you were unfamiliar.

I wonder if they were camping bc CHP said there wasn't much in the SUV. If they went camping and 3 of the kids could have stayed behind with dog(s) and all the stuff? Darn tho, it has been a week and the kids obviously weren't shy. They would have tried to find a house when their family didn't return. I wonder what the weather has been like? Could they have succumbed to hypothermia from trying to find a house if they were camping in a remote place?

JMO MOOOOOOOO

If you are looking for happiness and evilness in the pictures you will not be able to see it from the adults and maybe not from the children. The children were abused and scared to cry out for help. If you understand how a narcissistic parent can control children and their image, well then you would not be looking at pictures for such evidence.

While I agree the children need to be remembered and honored, it's not like nobody has pictured Thelma and Louise when reading about this story...I highly doubt any comparisons were made with intent to "erase" the kids...it's just there are very few images in our collective consciousness of people driving off cliffs, and especially two women, of course it's going to evoke images from the movie.

... while I understand the comparison, thelma and Louise did not take children with them... to use that comparison to me erases the horror of the death of the children and places attention on the adults only... they drove off a cliff and their names should be used IMHO

Reading through the thread, I see I'm not the only one getting mixed up between Abigail and Hannah.

My reason for confusion is the ages listed for the two blood sisters, where Hannah is listed at 16 and Abigail is listed as 14. There could be closer to three years difference between the two girls, depending on their dates of birth. In all the pictures I've seen, the girl who now wears glasses looks to be the older one, but is being identified as Abigail, I thought she was Hannah until I started cross checking all of the details- because the latest reports say that Hannah was the one who was missing teeth. The girl who wore glasses had all her front teeth and the smaller girl rarely showed her teeth.

The likelihood that friends and family would not correct this if it was an error is slim to none.

So my question is what kind of genetics or medical issue could account for such a difference in both size and facial maturity? Clearly, the smaller girl did not show any evidence of dwarfism. Based off the information reported, Abigail was 2 and Hannah was 4 when they were adopted, if that helps.

The dogs in the birthday video and photos were really cute. They weren’t found in the house. They must have been in the SUV too. I’m an animal lover and this is upsetting.

I have asked an gotten no answer so maybe you have an idea. Why would they leave their cat, chickens and ducks with no one to watch them?

Wow. Perhaps I was not clear. I'm simply commenting on how we, including myself, view people--someone earlier said they could see evil in Sarah's eyes in her mugshot, and I don't see it. I'm not freaking stupid or ignorant to narcissistic personality disorders and how it impacts others...geez.

If you are looking for happiness and evilness in the pictures you will not be able to see it from the adults and maybe not from the children. The children were abused and scared to cry out for help. If you understand how a narcissistic parent can control children and their image, well then you would not be looking at pictures for such evidence.

A Washington state family appeared to have been in Fort Bragg the day before their SUV was found at the base of a Mendocino Coast cliff, according to a Mendocino County Sheriff’s official Tuesday.

Cell phone records and a statement from a possible witness offer the latest clues to the Hart family’s whereabouts prior to the fatal crash north of Fort Bragg, Mendocino County sheriff’s Lt. Shannon Barney said.

“It looks like they were in Fort Bragg at least on Sunday (March 25),” Barney said.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/8182783-181/possible-fort-bragg-sighting-of

Someone who was acting on an impulse, maybe, and hadn't done a lot of planning ahead of time. In the moment it might have seemed like the easiest and quickest escape.

I tend to think it was an impulsive thing too and not planned per say. They might have pulled over because there was an altercation between the adults and kids or just between the adults and the driver acted impulsively. If things were heated and people were screaming or acting out, which very well could be with that many kids in the car on a very long road trip, she might have just decided to end it all. Who wants to spend a life running, dealing with abuse allegations (which I think were legitimate). It seems like RAD might be an issue with at least one of the kids and the women just bit off more than they could chew. However it happened, it’s tragic and was preventable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop