CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 March 2018 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummm every event they are within a sea of white people.. why didn't they take them to events with a lot of Black People?!

Portland and the surrounding areas are mostly white. I grew up here and that's how it's always been. I don't think it was on purpose they did this. They did take the children to at least one protest for Black Lives Matter. The festivals they took them to are very family-oriented, peaceful, and preach love and acceptance. I don't believe there was anything wrong with this.

As for the protests, activism is VERY big here and most protests start out peaceful and family oriented. That is part of our culture.

I agree. It doesn´t quite make sense, does it?
Who would choose to commit suicide that way?!

Because suicide would be so unthinkable that people would assume it was an accident and they would forever be remembered as a saints taking in children and running from evil cps and neighbors... like I said before people with a narcissistic personality disorder are lethal and will go to great lengths to make themselves look like victims so I don't rule out anything

That´s what I have been wondering too.
I am a bit mystified as to why schooling comes up so much in this case and in the Turpin case.

Sometimes it completely takes over the discussions.

Why is that, posters who write about schooling?

I think it’s because we have a lot of teachers and mothers on websleuths

My suspicion is that it was a "Thelma and Louise" moment. They probably had prior knowledge of the location. The highway isn't all cliffs. The direction of travel south (ocean on the right hand side) has a lot of near beach level roadway, and then it rises up to the overlook where the SUV drove over the cliff. The cliff is a right hand turn off the road way. A guard rail ends at the opening to the overlook parking area. It appears to be pretty deliberate. You can use Google Street View to take a virtual drive down the coast.

Just took the virtual drive - thanks for the suggestion. To me, the San Juan Creek pullover/lookout looks like the very first place that is a cliff overlook. The "Shoreline" part of the Shoreline Highway starts what looks to be only a few dozen miles north of this and the road along this part looks closer to sea level and/or set back further. There is also what appears to be a right lane closure in one section in the Oct 2017 Streetview. Not sure if this still there.

MOO - If they were thinking about driving from a cliff into the ocean, this might be the first place to do it on the travel route they were taking.

Someone who wants to make people believe it was an accident?

Would you go through that to make it look like an accident?
And why would they?
Death was the end goal - apparently.

I am getting more and more sceptical about intent, need more info to be honest.

Time will tell.

Portland and the surrounding areas are mostly white. I grew up here and that's how it's always been. I don't think it was on purpose they did this. They did take the children to at least one protest for Black Lives Matter. The festivals they took them to are very family-oriented, peaceful, and preach love and acceptance. I don't believe there was anything wrong with this.

As for the protests, activism is VERY big here and most protests start out peaceful and family oriented. That is part of our culture.

That's fair... I didn't say it was anything evil behind going to the family-oriented festivals.. I'm more focused on the fact that there aren't any protests with predominantly black people at all except for a few protesting gun violence and police brutality. You couldn't find a Black church or something... they went to places where the parents would be lauded for adopting Black Children just because...let's be real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ummm every event they are within a sea of white people.. why didn't they take them to events with a lot of Black People?!

Because they would have to go to another part of town for that, and would probably not get as much attention. JMO

Because suicide would be so unthinkable that people would assume it was an accident and they would forever be remembered as a saints taking in children and running from evil cps and neighbors... like I said before people with a narcissistic personality disorder are lethal and will go to great lengths to make themselves look like victims so I don't rule out anything

How do we know one (or both) of the moms had narcissistic personality disorder?

Wow. Perhaps I was not clear. I'm simply commenting on how we, including myself, view people--someone earlier said they could see evil in Sarah's eyes in her mugshot, and I don't see it. I'm not freaking stupid or ignorant to narcissistic personality disorders and how it impacts others...geez.

I think my response went to the wrong person or maybe I clicked on the wrong spot because I checked the original content and it didn't match. I'll slow down cause I'm def not tryna make anyone feel simple or ignorant. [emoji1476]

Ok, but can we also remember this part from the news article because according to the Dekalb neighbors, Devonte requested support to them already. I think he was planning some type of get away or something because he asked the neighbors if they had called.
And to go from one pack of tortilla to asking for 6, a case of peanut butter, fruit and meats is a major increase. I think those neighbors may have had an idea or knew/know more.

Read it below:

Dana DeKalb said Devonte told her his parents were "punishing them by withholding food." The boy asked her to leave food in a box by the fence for him, she said. She told The Oregonian/OregonLive that Devonte asked for things like tortillas and peanut butter and eventually was coming over three times a day.

She said the boy's first words when he came to the door March 22 were: "Have you called?"

"I almost got the feeling it was more of, 'What are you waiting for, lady?" Dana DeKalb said.

-----
http://katu.com/news/local/official...ash-that-likely-killed-8-03-30-2018-221642504

Wow. I hadn’t thought of that. I did read where he said “did you call yet”?

You’re suggestion makes perfect sense!!!!

I wonder about accidentally putting it in the wrong gear. If I'm tired and stressed (not saying they were) I make stupid mistakes. I put my car in drive instead of reverse the other day in the garage and pressed the gas. It was lightly, so I only went a few inches.
They had 70 feet to put on the brakes or swerve.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Thinking about Sarah's employment at Kohl's...have there been any statements in any of these articles along the standard lines of, "Fellow employees at Kohls were concerned when Sarah did not show up for work on Saturday." or anything like that?

It might go to state of mind if Sarah just took off from work without notification -- because she knew she wasn't coming back.

Trying to piece together the timeline. Where were they all on Friday that no one came to the door when CPS rang? Do they have only the one car? When is the last time Sarah worked at Kohls?

MOO

Interesting, Has there been any info about that? I am sure LE would be looking into that.

Where do you suppose they were driving to?

The neighbors said they watched them pack up the car. With what? Tents, coolers? Six kids?

I have read the whole thread and had to weed through off topic discussion which is why I'm asking.

I know a lot about Waldorf schooling and feel the same as you but I do not think it belongs in this thread. I feel we have to stay somewhat on topic bc otherwise rumors and chatter grow legs and people start to think they're related and the facts get muddled.
The topic grew legs as many do and segued off topic.

Thank you for posting this LC. Does anyone know which sister went to the neighbors and asked for help? Wanted to go back to a previous address, IIRC...
IMO the lighter skinned kids look like they are related to each other.

Would you go through that to make it look like an accident?
And why would they?
Death was the end goal - apparently.

I am getting more and more sceptical about intent, need more info to be honest.

Time will tell.
I wouldn‘t. But I have no doubt narcissists who think of themselves as icons and activist heroes could do it to create a legend. Suicide (or facing reality and consequences) would destroy their perfectly staged image.

IMO the lighter skinned kids look like they are related to each other.

I'm pretty sure 3 of the kids were siblings and the other 3 kids were siblings (biologically speaking).

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/8182783-181/possible-fort-bragg-sighting-of

A Fort Bragg man told authorities he thinks he saw the family at a knick-knack shop along the highway, though he can’t recall the exact date or time, and he can’t say for sure whether all eight members of the Hart family were there.

“He’s fairly convinced it was the family,” Barney said.

Surveillance video from a separate Fort Bragg location also appears to show the suspected driver, Jennifer Hart, Barney said, though he declined to say where the footage was taken.

“(It is) a potential sighting of Jennifer,” Barney said. “But the video is very grainy, and we’re trying to confirm that.”

In case gcharlie's post was missed. If they were spotted in Fort Bragg on Sunday that would put them traveling NORTH instead of South when they pulled into the turnout.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/8182783-181/possible-fort-bragg-sighting-of?sba=AAS
With a storm looming later this week, a concerted search effort for the three remaining children, ages 12 to 16, will start early Wednesday. More than 75 volunteer searchers and law enforcement officers will comb beaches and cliff bases from the crash site south toward Fort Bragg. A CHP helicopter and a state fish and wildlife agency boat also will assist.

More on the search efforts at the link.

Again, I wonder “How did they afford this?” The hiking boots alone. Those things aren’t cheap - around $100 a pair. Maybe they’re available at thrift shops in that area.

As a mother of three in an upper middle class family, I could not afford all of these clothes. It’s been my question since this happened. Who is funding this lifestyle? I found their roots in South Dakota and no one seems wealthy.

I live in Alexandria, MN, & my kids went to school there the same time the abuse was reported but they are not in the school yearbooks so they must have taken them out right after abuse was reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member