CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 March 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BREAKING: Police release surveillance image, travel route of Devonte Hart family before fatal SUV plunge
http://www.crimeonline.com/2018/04/...-devonte-hart-family-before-fatal-suv-plunge/
584badf7f6c61e5eb932435e21a3d13e.jpg

The California Highway Patrol has released a surveillance image of a woman believed to be Jennifer Hart, along with new information about the family’s movements in the days before their SUV went off a cliff into the Pacific Ocean in Mendocino County, California.

[...]

Looks like she's holding a credit card. If they used credit cards along their route, it will be easier to follow the trail.

I wonder if the cashier has any memories of the transaction that are relevant or helpful? I suspect police have investigated that potential.

Fort Bragg is south of the Juan Creek Bridge.
I thought they were going south but they turned around and heading back north, if they were in Fort Bragg.

Maybe they were headed back and one (or both) of them just couldn't face what they'd left behind. Or maybe, like you mentioned in a previous post, going back meant breaking up.

The most sinister explanation for this is that the driver knew fully well what she planned to do.

There’s tons of cliffs around Fort Bragg, though.
But the psychotic break didn’t happen there.
It happened at Juan Creek.

Maybe they were headed back and one (or both) of them just couldn't face what they'd left behind. Or maybe, like you mentioned in a previous post, going back meant breaking up.

This is a story of great sorrow on many levels.

I would not have recognized her.

Me neither.

I've not seen a pix of her wearing glasses.

Have to believe that CHP matched up the footage with the bank card/credit card info on that register to make the ID.

The most sinister explanation for this is that the driver knew fully well what she planned to do.

JMO
This is what I think happened. I think the driver was the only person who knew what was about to happen. I suspect nobody else in the vehicle wanted to die that day.

The kids were now older and starting to reach out for help with neighbors.Devonte seemed to want the neighbor to call CPS.Everything was falling apart for the image of these women and they couldn't take it.They didn't want their dirty secrets aired so the kids had to die with them.

The above photo was taken in a Safeway. So that means that police investigators can review the entire purchase transaction/ item list, which could reveal if it was just the bananas and a few snacks, or if it was a more substantial collection of items to feed a group of 5-8 people for a day or 2.

It's hard to tell if the items at the end left of the belt belong to the transaction with the bananas. We also can't see the beginning end of the belt to see how many more items there may have been.

There must be gas transactions, or eye witnesses, or cell phone pings, to recreate the travel route the police have released.

JMO
This is what I think happened. I think the driver was the only person who knew what was about to happen. I suspect nobody else in the vehicle wanted to die that day.

It’s more likely that there is one abuser, and the other one covered for her.
That’s usually how it works.

It is good to know the police have more information. It doesn't seem like they were trying to hide if they're going into a Safeway and using a credit/debit card. Altho, it could be a Safeway club card. Even then tho, it would link their names with that transaction (if they filled out the form for the club card).

jmo mooooo

The shopping transaction at Safeway can be very revealing of their mindset and plans.

For instance, were all the food items meant to be "ready to eat"? Snack type items? Or were there items that would require cooking, refrigeration, and other preparation (pots and pans, etc). (Which could indicate plans to set up a camping cook site.)

IMO the child welfare system needs to be made federal or otherwise related and relayed between states. Too many times I've heard and seen families who get called to CPS and boom they move to Florida the next day (we asked the neighbors because many of the families lived in crowded apartment complexes and knew each others' intimate business). Or on the flip side, we would have a kid move from Florida and then we'd quickly have concerns about possible abuse. I'm not being rude about Florida. Of course families moved to other states, too, but this was in Oregon, which is practically as far away from Florida as one can get in the 48, and it happened enough times to be notable. Point being, I even had parents tell me, "you (school) called CPS on us, dueces, we out," and unless it had gotten into the criminal system, there wasn't anything "following" them, so to speak. So frustrating.

Yes this...what good is it being a mandated reporter, when they are bouncing around to avoid reporting. Why bother, when ‘when boom, there you go...’
H

JMO
I do think the other mom knew what was happening. Only because she was in the front seat. She had to have said to the mom driving hey wtf are you doing? If she didn't go along with what was happening already. I fear if the family in the SUV were asleep when the mom stopped the car then picked up speed the children woke up in a daze just to face their demise. It breaks my heart. I think imo it was the doing of Jen I think she decided it needed to happen and much like when abigail told of abuse at school Sarah went along with Jen and what she wanted to do. I can't see the other mom not knowing what was going on. Especially after Devonte said they were trying to kill him by starving him. They clearly wanted to get rid of the kids not that the solution was right but Devonte himself told neighbors the moms were atleast trying to kill him.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I do think the other mom knew what was happening. Only because she was in the front seat. She had to have said to the mom driving hey wtf are you doing? If she didn't go along with what was happening already. I fear if the family in the SUV were asleep when the mom stopped the car then picked up speed the children woke up in a daze just to face their demise. It breaks my heart. I think imo it was the doing of Jen I think she decided it needed to happen and much like when abigail told of abuse at school Sarah went along with Jen and what she wanted to do. I can't see the other mom not knowing what was going on. Especially after Devonte said they were trying to kill him by starving him. They clearly wanted to get rid of the kids not that the solution was right but Devonte himself told neighbors the moms were atleast trying to kill him.

We don't know she was in front. She was found in the back

When this story first broke with all the background information, I just knew that it was going to be ugly.

This latest news is awful. I grew up in a big family. Kids talk to each other. I can't imagine what these kids were going through from Friday until the end.

And it really begs the question of how many kids were on that trip. If it was only three of them, just imagine their thoughts, fears and whispers to one another.

The grocery receipt may make it clearer if it was 3 or 6 kids, or it may not.

Rest in peace, poor children. If some of you are still alive, I hope they find you soon.

The shopping transaction at Safeway can be very revealing of their mindset and plans.

For instance, were all the food items meant to be "ready to eat"? Snack type items? Or were there items that would require cooking, refrigeration, and other preparation (pots and pans, etc). (Which could indicate plans to set up a camping cook site.)

I agree. Also how much food she bought. Enough for a large family for a day or ??? or enough for a small family for a day or ???

Devante said they were trying to kill him by starving him?
I missed that.
I thought the neighbors said that he told them the parents withheld food as punishment.

We don't know she was in front. She was found in the back
That is true but police said both moms had on seatbelts and were in the front and that the kids were the only ones without seatbelts on. I think she could've maybe flew to the back on impact. Or maybe the other mom went backwards off the cliff. Which means instead of going forward the mom would have gone backward landing in the back.

This might be so off the wall, even for me....could this couple have an off the grid survivalist camp where missing children are?

Devante said they were trying to kill him by starving him?
I missed that.
I thought the neighbors said that he told them the parents withheld food as punishment.
He begged the neighbors for food and told them the mothers were starving him to death. He requested boxes of food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member