CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 March 2018 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Devonte Hart family crash: Deceptions, missed signals preceded deaths

Soon after, the family put down roots at a rented two-story home in West Linn. Sarah worked at Kohl's. Jennifer homeschooled the children. They never registered with the Clackamas Education Service District.

The parents also received more than $2,000 a month from the state of Texas to help care for their children,
the News-Express reported.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2018/04/devonte_hart_family_crash_dece.html
---

Bbm: This is a loophole that could be closed. These parents were able to collect state/fed funds, tax breaks, and take their adopted children off the radar, entirely. The disconnect is in pulling the adopted kids from public school, citing homeschooling, and never, ever registering them anywhere, anytime, and yet collecting monies, and tax breaks. That is fraudulent on so many levels.

I believe J&S were scared sh?? less... CPS leaves a message, were stopping by. No answer... Would the police be next? After all, they had been in trouble before?

Did anyone snitch? ('No mom, we didn't')

They didn't believe it of course, but even if up to the other children, even if Devonte confessed, they still wouldn't believe it. Who else???

(Pure speculation) So they looked at their children, said ok, 'were driving until we find out'. --Even if Devonte confessed, and nothing else happened, these children were now all suspects. All of them.

No doubt news stories start coming out, on social media, that weekend. "Where are you, what happened" The local radio... And the flood of possibilities start sinking in. And then the outcomes... Could one child bring down the whole facade? Like the Turpins???

And then scared sh??less, because now the isolation, no, the imprisonment, the no schooling whatsoever, the withholding, no life for the kids, "the thing" dress ups, all the dress ups, would come crashing down as the second high profile abuse case in recent times... Is that what they thought when accelerating off the cliff?

I honestly think people just don't know what to do. I am in no way in hindsight blaming any neighbor... We are so timid. Children are property, in so many ways until they come of age... But, if a child knocks on the door at 1:30 AM, why not keep her, and dial 911...

In this case, I think 911 should have been called. Maybe more will come out to bring more understanding.

Back in the day, before all the social media, a case like this might not have ever made it into the limelight in the same way. But, J&S wrote a part of their script and it was published, world wide.

Now, their case of unspeakable tragedy will go down, and no doubt be studied in depth for generations to come.

In this article, https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...art-family-that-plunged-off-california-cliff/ some people (including West Linn neighbor) are quoted as saying the moms (not that I trust them) said some of the kids were "drug babies" and so forth.

This article also has an anonymous former friend say she saw SARAH hurt one of the girls right in front of her. I was surprised to see an article with anything negative in it from the Seattle Times. I hope it is okay to mention the article and put in the link.

I’m not finding that comment. Was it deleted?

I can respect that. I have a friend who has two children and finally left her abuser. I can't excuse someone staying around and watching 6 children starved and abused for over a decade. I can't. I'm sorry.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

She did not simply stay and watch .She participated. I do not know where the article is,but a woman who camped by them who said Sarsh bruised a child's wrist and harangued her for being selfish

In this article, https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...art-family-that-plunged-off-california-cliff/ some people (including West Linn neighbor) are quoted as saying the moms (not that I trust them) said some of the kids were "drug babies" and so forth.

This article also has an anonymous former friend say she saw SARAH hurt one of the girls right in front of her. I was surprised to see an article with anything negative in it from the Seattle Times. I hope it is okay to mention the article and put in the link.

other neighbors, Bruce and Dana DeKalb, had a different experience. They said they didn’t realize Jen and Sarah even had children until August, months after they moved in, when a small girl rang their doorbell at 1:30 a.m.

As soon as Bruce DeKalb opened the door, the girl — who they thought looked about 7 years old — came inside and ran into their bedroom.

“She was pleading with us, ‘Don’t make me go back. They’re mean, they’re abusing us,’ ” he said.

“I was like ‘Who are you?’” Dana said. The girl was missing two of her front teeth, they said. “She told us they were whipping her with a belt.”

The couple did not see any obvious signs of abuse.

Then, the couple saw the rest of the Hart family walking on their property with flashlights and calling for Hannah.

Bruce yelled to the Harts through the open door that Hannah was in their home.

“They just barged in,” Dana said. “They started searching the house — my house,” before finding Hannah crouched between the bed and the dresser.

Jen told the DeKalbs she needed a moment with Hannah.

“Jen just crouched down and said, ‘You need to say you’re sorry.’ She (Hannah) said, ‘Yes, ma’am.’ ‘You need to tell them it’s been a rough week.’ ‘Yes, ma’am,’ ” recounted Dana DeKalb. “It was robotic.”

The next morning Hannah, accompanied by the rest of the family, brought over an apology note. Jen told the DeKalbs that Hannah was a “drug baby” and she had a bipolar mother, Dana said. They told the DeKalbs that Hannah was 12 — about four years younger than her true age — and said they had pulled the children from school after bullying.

My comments- ( the kids were not in school,- lie)

The article goes on to state Devonte feared the kids would be separated.

What really bothers me about the chicken and waffles photo is...DID they get to eat any afterwards?? Or was that the bribe..you get to eat today if you pose for some photos? Devonte's eyes in that photo say it all..he is angry!

No cutlery...table spotless....no elbows on the table...no syrup.....

They had forks and blueberries, but I agree it doesn't look like they were getting ready to eat. A cute idea but under the circumstances seems cruel.

That photo where they're all wearing bright blue t- shirts got me to thinking-

Anyone else notice the 2 women are all snuggly to the 3 boys- the girls are sorta off by themselves.

Were the boys favored in this family? Were only the girls being beaten with belts and the boys starved as punishment?

Had the boys grown in size and strength and maybe started to fight back when beaten? So they were starved instead.

It just seems to me that these women picked on the little girls more.

Anyone else think this?

Food for thought.
Jen made sure that someone in her online game guild took care of some chores there, but they left behind living beings at the house without asking anyone to take care of them. A "pet" and the chickens.
Strange priorities.

I've come to the conclusion that both of these women were majorly screwed up. Totally devoid of loving behavior.

Totally devoid of empathy. Totally selfish. An empty shell of a human being, both of them. If I were their parents,

I'd stay out of the limelight too, for raising these two beasts.

Here’s the picture of the house and their property. Hmm [emoji848] Looks like loose dirt around those two trees. As of now two kids are still missing and two dogs. I’m sure the African America girl found near the crash site is one of the three missing.

Maybe for punishment going to the neighbor fir food the Moms killed the two dogs maybe buried under the trees or even the kids. Devonte was always holding the cute little bulldog. I think the other was a black lab.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...art-family-that-plunged-off-california-cliff/

ac106752c5bfedce3e745f0b7aef29d7.jpg

She did not simply stay and watch .She participated. I do not know where the article is,but a woman who camped by them who said Sarsh bruised a child's wrist and harangued her for being selfish
This does not surprise me at all. I figured she was abusing the kids, too. But most people seem to think she was innocent. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Food for thought.
Jen made sure that someone in her online game guild took care of some chores there, but they left behind living beings at the house without asking anyone to take care of them. A "pet" and the chickens.
Strange priorities.

Was Jen being in an online game guild mentioned in an article somewhere? I've seen it brought up in a few comments before but have never seen it actually reported.

Was Jen being in an online game guild mentioned in an article somewhere? I've seen it brought up in a few comments before but have never seen it actually reported.

Yes but we weren’t allowed to post because of TOS. I believe it was reddit. You can google it.

Do I have this straight? The DeKalbs thought Hannah was around 7, then LE said she's 12, now it turns out she's 16? Do I have my sisters muddled?

I never, ever believe behaviour issues claimed by abusive parents until an authority figure confirms it. Daniel Pelka was starved to death, his mother told the school he had 'food issues' and that's why he was eating from bins. Liam Fee's murdering mother claimed he was autistic to anyone who'd listen. He was sensory deprived. He was left in a buggy with a blanket over it constantly. While he'd been in nursery, he was a happy, social child. The Hart children having no checkable history to the casual observer - even down to their true ages - would make it very easy to just make up the most dramatic possibility. "Oooh, drug baby with behaviour problems!"covers an abusive derriere nicely. A loving adoptive parent wouldn't tell randoms their child's personal history anyway. Why would you want to label them like that?!

Do I have this straight? The DeKalbs thought Hannah was around 7, then LE said she's 12, now it turns out she's 16? Do I have my sisters muddled?

I never, ever believe behaviour issues claimed by abusive parents until an authority figure confirms it. Daniel Pelka was starved to death, his mother told the school he had 'food issues' and that's why he was eating from bins. Liam Fee's murdering mother claimed he was autistic to anyone who'd listen. He was sensory deprived. He was left in a buggy with a blanket over it constantly. While he'd been in nursery, he was a happy, social child. The Hart children having no checkable history to the casual observer - even down to their true ages - would make it very easy to just make up the most dramatic possibility. "Oooh, drug baby with behaviour problems!"covers an abusive derriere nicely. A loving adoptive parent wouldn't tell randoms their child's personal history anyway. Why would you want to label them like that?!

I think the Mom told DeKalbs she was 12 because they didn’t want them to know that she was actually older.

I think the Mom told DeKalbs she was 12 because they didn’t want them to know that she was actually older.

I think they made some reference to her age - I read an article early on that said they specifically thought she was 7 because of her missing front teeth - and the Hart women felt compelled to respond. They dialed back the age to make the DeKalb's less alarmed by her small size.

I think they made some reference to her age - I read an article early on that said they specifically thought she was 7 because of her missing front teeth - and the Hart women felt compelled to respond. They dialed back the age to make the DeKalb's less alarmed by her small size.

Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member