Deceased/Not Found Ca - Hannah,16 (fnd dec), Devonte,15, (dec nf) Ciera Hart,12 (fnd dec),mendocino Cty,26 Mar 2018 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They were skin and bones! Quite a few years had passed since they were adopted. Plenty of time to put on weight if they werent starved!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Right they shouldn't have been getting thinner!

IMO

"DHS investigators note that Sarah is often away from the children for weeks or months at a time when Jennifer takes the six kids to music festivals. One of the family friends described Sarah as being "cold" to the kids – parading them around for pictures, but not showing them affection."
http://www.koin.com/news/washington...egon-dhs-hart-family-investigation/1136867286

When JH and the kids were gone for weeks or months attending music festivals, where did they stay? Friends? Campgrounds? Hotels + festival entrance fees would get quite costly. Were they traveling with others attending or performing in the same festival circuit? If so, why didn't any of them notice or say anything when someone they stayed with for 2 weeks saw so much and reported it? The glowing comments about the family are so contradictory to what was happening. Weeks or months in close proximity to the festival regulars, JH's mask had to slip off sooner or later, one would think. MOO

I am wondering how some of these festival people treat their children. I read one FB festival friend’s FB and she felt that parents sometimes get stressed or some such thing.

Honestly, it wasn't until the pictures I saw today of the kids painting in the floor that I really thought they looked unhealthily skinny. They're pretty kids with big grins (Hannah not smiling wouldn't have alarmed me-my son almost never smiles in pictures and has looked put out since he was an infant), good-looking teeth, nice clothes, and healthy-looking skin. If I'd seen the other pictures out of context, without knowing that their parents were starving them or that there were any issues, I probably would not have had any red flags raised. I feel that looking at them now, with the information we have, definitely gives the images more meaning. I do feel like the doctor should have been alarmed at their weight, however, and he/she apparently was because they recommended further monitoring.

For me it's not only the smiles but also the eyes. And being around the children one can sense energy too. Children have unique ways of letting you know something is not right. You just have to believe them. [emoji53]

IMO

I wonder if there is such a thing as anorexia by proxy. “Morbidly obese” is how the young anorexia sufferer we know sees herself.

I know for a fact that children who live a tortured existence experience genuine joy when they get a reprieve. I saw that all the time at Hephzibah House. It must be a psychologically protective thing, but those rare days when we were paraded out and fed and photographed were the best days and we were all giddy, happy in spite of the knowledge that we would be returned to our torment when the event ended. The awful truth is that the let down effect on our keeper's moods after these events seemed to create more trouble for us following a fun day and we all knew this, but it did not dampen our enthusiasm in those precious moments of relative safety and normalcy.

Thank you for writing. I was thinking about you!

D'oh! I read it as the (redacted) CPS worker who was with the DHS worker at the house visit. So many redacted names ... it's hard to keep all the (redacted) parties sorted. My mistake. :confused:
Where is this in the report? I read it twice!?!?! Can you give me the page number? I know there's like 30 pages, I must be blind...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I wonder if there is such a thing as anorexia by proxy. “Morbidly obese” is how the young anorexia sufferer we know sees herself.

I was wondering about that too, like one of them had some kind of body dysmorphic issue with other people. But I think she just made that up about Hannah as another story to cover their actions.

JMO but if she saw how skinny they looked in the pictures she told herself that's their own fault.

i wouldn’t be surprised if it is! Also, In our society thin and fit is so highly valued and being fat so shameful that I think it shapes how people see things sometimes. I’m shocked by how many of my friends whose kids are perfectly sized are obsessed about how much and what their kids eat. Birthday treats at school and team treats after games have been “outlawed” in the community I live. Most of my friends confiscate their kids Halloween candy. I’m all for eating healthy and both my kids are at normal weight/height ratios but I have noticed as a culture it’s seen as horrible to have a fat kid. That might color how people viewed these pictures. Though to me they do look starved, even more so than the pics I saw of the Turpin children.

In the report one of the momsters says they're vegetarian so they're "slender." Are both the momsters vegetarians? Because one of them is not what I'd call slender!

In the report one of the momsters says they're vegetarian so they're "slender." Are both the momsters vegetarians? Because one of them is not what I'd call slender!

Neither one is slender

Even though that 30 page CPS document is very thoroughly documented, I wonder about the whole evaluation process. Like no requirements to produce homeschool registry, naturopathic physician contacts, dentist contacts, adoption paperwork that states the claims Jen made about their mental status.

I mean what happens if you just pull kids off of psychotropic drugs, or make a diagnosis about a child without a doctor? Oh, 'we don't believe it is true'. This answer on several kids. I am surprised that was acceptable.

I knew no one in school without their two front teeth. How was that acceptable?

And all under the height and weight chart - surely paperwork came with the kids when they were adopted?

I have to research but naturopathic physicians are licensed to practice in but a very few states, even though they have medical degrees... Think PA and CT are the two states in the northeast.

CPS was not able to connect the dots to the isolation these kids were suffering. They were not able to thread a timeline.

Isolation is one of the cruelest forms of abuse as we found out in the Turpin case.

In Jenn and Sarah Hart's last escape from CPS, I am sure they were well aware of that high profile case and the parallels. They weren't worried about the kids getting taken away, they knew they were going to prison. -Jmo

Even though that 30 page CPS document is very thoroughly documented, I wonder about the whole evaluation process. Like no requirements to produce homeschool registry, naturopathic physician contacts, dentist contacts, adoption paperwork that states the claims Jen made about their mental status.

I mean what happens if you just pull kids off of psychotropic drugs, or make a diagnosis about a child without a doctor? Oh, 'we don't believe it is true'. This answer on several kids. I am surprised that was acceptable.

I knew no one in school without their two front teeth. How was that acceptable?

And all under the height and weight chart - surely paperwork came with the kids when they were adopted?

I have to research but naturopathic physicians are licensed to practice in but a very few states, even though they have medical degrees... Think PA and CT are the two states in the northeast.

CPS was not able to connect the dots to the isolation these kids were suffering. They were not able to thread a timeline.

Isolation is one of the cruelest forms of abuse as we found out in the Turpin case.

In Jenn and Sarah Hart's last escape from CPS, I am sure they were well aware of that high profile case and the parallels. They weren't worried about the kids getting taken away, they knew they were going to prison. -Jmo

I so agree.Honestly, when I was a teacher in MN but not by the Harts, we teachers always said a child would have to be near death in order for anything to happen. Parents have so much leeway it is sickening.

A couple of times, I went with other teachers who had the same children . Nothing.

It is not the fault if C PS. The laws are really limiting

Jen was a college drop out. Probably awkward socially and a non conformist. Probably couldn't hack working for some one, so IMO she got the idea to get income by fostering/adopting children. Then she maybe she thought hey, I need more income so I can have a nicer home, then adopts the second set. IMO she really didnt like kids so IMO it was all about money, then control.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

BBM
That's another thing she lied about:
"Ms. J. Hart does not currently work, although she reports having a degree and background in education."
p 15, Oregon DHS report
https://www.scribd.com/embeds/37719...J3P2I7dtOJqmmeeiRQO&show_recommendations=true

"She stayed in school but left before graduating in 2002 when Gengler earned her degree."
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...st_to_her_drive_off_the_california_cliff.html

I so agree.Honestly, when I was a teacher in MN but not by the Harts, we teachers always said a child would have to be near death in order for anything to happen. Parents have so much leeway it is sickening.

A couple of times, I went with other teachers who had the same children . Nothing.

It is not the fault if C PS. The laws are really limiting

Yes, I am seeing how they are hamstrung by law, by the coaching of the kids, even by low weight and height but otherwise healthy.

But, what are the odds of five kids from two different bio families ALL being off the charts of H&W.

Or, what about the observation that these two horrible women were obviously very well fed.

Still, there was enough to evaluate them as "high risk". And no follow up?

BBM
That's another thing she lied about:
"Ms. J. Hart does not currently work, although she reports having a degree and background in education."
p 15, Oregon DHS report
https://www.scribd.com/embeds/37719...J3P2I7dtOJqmmeeiRQO&show_recommendations=true

"She stayed in school but left before graduating in 2002 when Gengler earned her degree."
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...st_to_her_drive_off_the_california_cliff.html

Good catch, and like RoseMadderLake mentions above, why was virtually none of this followed up on? It seems as though they just took whatever JH and SH said as fact, even after knowing about the abuse in MN, and the fact that the State there actually report that the two women are excellent at deflecting/explaining/rationalizing problems away.

Finally got to read the report all the way through and here are a couple of my observations:
The reporter stated that DeVonte was very affectionate while the others were reserved. I feel like people saw the kids as DeVonte and his siblings, kind of like when you see a band and you know the lead singer's name but nobody else though you know they are there. I think his outgoingness was due to the fact that he received the attention of his adopted momster. Also, JH gave him another opportunity to be the hero by having him "save" her from Markis, a bad troublemaker.

I wonder if people thought Sarah was cold to the children because she didn't act like a mother would. She may have been formal or just not affectionate because she didn't bond with them. I can see this happening in three ways, either she didn't know how to be a mom because her mother was not a good one so she copied JH, she never totally wanted kids but JH bullied her into them and being submissive she acquiesced, or she never had a chance to really bond with them because she never saw them since they were gone so often. No matter the reason, I believe SH enabled JH and part of me wonders if the final action was done because SH said enough is enough and wanted out.

My heart breaks for these kids in so many ways. I really feel that CPS should have screened them in for continued height/weight checks and nutrition appointments. Follow ups would show if they gained weight. It's unfortunate but I am sure their hands were tied, I can't explain the amount of cases I felt we should have opened and never did because it just didn't check the boxes we needed.

Yes, I am seeing how they are hamstrung by law, by the coaching of the kids, even by low weight and height but otherwise healthy.

But, what are the odds of five kids from two different bio families ALL being off the charts of H&W.

Or, what about the observation that these two horrible women were obviously very well fed.

Still, there was enough to evaluate them as "high risk". And no follow up?

The reports of the not feediing and the skeletal appearance. Um, what!

The doctor is no good. No. No. She is not. She believed the nice middle class mothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunnysmilescb