Deceased/Not Found Ca - Hannah,16 (fnd dec), Devonte,15, (dec nf) Ciera Hart,12 (fnd dec),mendocino Cty,26 Mar 2018 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oregon DHS silent after Hart family documents released
Link: http://komonews.com/news/local/oregon-dhs-silent-after-hart-family-documents-released
"From her home in New York, Atlas has organized a small group of people online who believe authorities in Texas, Minnesota, Oregon and Washington could have done more to protect the Hart children from alleged abuse by their parents."
"A DHS spokesman Tuesday refused to answer questions about the records that chronicle reports of suspected child abuse in the family.."
Note: They do not answer people on Twitter :(

Has anyone here heard of any of the Hart's friends who might be organizing a search for Hannah and Devonte?

imo
Yes, this had been over eight years of time ( till 2008). There were three names connected to this NGO (the two founder and another long-serving member). I traced their professional profiles on LinkedIn, SM and news through some local community sites. Not much activities in this particular field, though they participate in some charity and relief work, mainly through church/es, locally and overseas. None have ever mentioned the Hart family AFIK. jmo omo

So odd though, that the Hart kids were prominently featured, including what looks to be Markis and Jerimiah on the Twitter handle avi?

Seems too close a connection- but maybe this hindsight making me question?

Jen sure seemed to emulate these ladies in how she spoke. I actually thought the twitter handle was Jen for a minute and it was her way of pawning herself off as an adoption expert.

Wonder what the reason was for shut down of the agency?
Seems rather sketchy

Amazing find. Here's something I'm not understanding. This ad is supposedly from when they had already adopted the first three children, and were looking to adopt up to three more, which I assume were Devonte, Jeremiah, and Ciara. Is that correct? If so, how do the pictures include Devonte if they hadn't adopted him yet ? Is that picture from a different source? Or were they looking to adopt more children after they already had six, but didn't update the number of children in the home?

Few links and data:
- This is the Twitter account of the now-defunct agency that handled the children adoption from Texas. They showed an ad by the couple seeking adopting 1-3 more children. They used a photo of Markis and Devonte as their profile pic. Their bio reads: Influencing and changing the lives of children by securing supportive, loving, and permanent families for them in Minnesota across state lines. They clearly changed those children's lives!
https://twitter.com/permanentfamily
- The NGO worked mostly on children from Texas. In 2009, out of 46 children adopted, "35 were from Texas."
- I found a thread about 'grey/ gray arket adobtion' on your forum https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ies-and-leads/page2&highlight=permanentfamily Entry number 263 by user Mum mentioned this NGO :
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...tion-Theories-and-leads&p=4814064#post4814064
- The couple's ad on the NGO site below (from Internet Archive as the website is no longer available):
Family Name: Jennifer & Sara H.
# of Children In Home: 3
Characteristics of Family: Jen and Sarah are experienced parents that have fostered one child and have adopted three children; Markis, Hannah & Abigail. They are a fun, active family. The whole family is eager to open their hearts and their home to adopted children.
Age Range: 0-8
Ethnicity: Any
# Children Desired: 1-3
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Most of us treat our children very well. "Festival people" is a very broad term that encompasses literally millions of people. As with any "group" (and festival goers are not actually a "group", despite the way they're talked about on here), you find both good and "bad" parents. You'll find the same in any subculture. It is either neither better nor worse than with anyone else. Some parents are fantastic, some are abusive, but that's what you would find in any sampling.

Sarah and Jen were good manipulators. They pulled the wool over lots of people's eyes.

I should have been more clear. The festival people that were defending them.

I question their child rearing when they do not see issues with sometimes losing control. That losing control is acceptable sometimes.

To be fair all parents sometimes get stressed sometimes.

Of course. but I seriously doubt all parents hit their kids with a belt, deny them food, or grab a chikd’s wrist so that there are bruises.

People get stressed with a spouse or SO. The US seems to accept that is is ok to so things to children that are illegal if done to an adult,

If an adult grabbed my wrisf and left bruises, that would bw an assault,

If an adult could put me in a situation where someone had the abiity to deny me dood, that would be illegal.

BBM. Yes. Nascar fans, Parrotheads, Opera buffs: whatever the affinity group is, the sad truth is that you'll find some bad parents in it. I don't think I've ever read anything that says a particular group stands out from the rest as being significantly worse. They were two very good (and obviously articulate) manipulators who were willing to do whatever it took to do what they wanted to do. That speaks to who they were as people, not what their hobbies/interests were.

my concern is with the remarks made by some of their festival “friends”.I find it incredible that some could dismiss the actions of Sarah and Jen

Is JH so delusional she post the kids painting photo on FB even with the kids looking skeletal skinny? Couldn’t she see it? I’m wondering if she was a paranoid schizophrenic being she had delusions people were after her after Devonte police officer photo. They kept moving. She was becoming more and more isolated with the kids cut everyone off even good friends. I think her mental health had seriously deteriorated. Some of her FB posts were delusional made up fantasy stories that rambled on and were scattered which is a symptom of schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder. I have a family member that is paranoid schizophrenic who tried to hide it for years until his mental health deteriorated too much. Being that she drove everyone off the cliff makes me think she was so paranoid everyone was after her.

Thank you Koshka.

I thought discussion of festival atmospheres and "festival people" had been declared OT by mod sillybilly in thread #6, as the sweeping generalizations being put forth were unhelpful to the search for Devonte and Hannah, or to furthering discussion of the Harts' known abuses and legal issues. I really was hoping that snark had ended.

JMO, MOO, etc.

~/~ festival person and parent ~/~

I should have written it more clearly.

There were “friends”of the Harts giving their positive love for the Harts and their parenting. They were people from the festivals which was their thing. Hence, festival people as opposed to neighbor people.

I was surprised at the accolades so I question those people who supported them and their approach to parenting.

I am continually surprised by people who say they had corporal punishment and thaf they turned out ok.

I now live in a Third World country that has 55% unemployment. I was talking with my friend who has two children. Her ex husband was beaten with a belt and other objects. He said that he would never raise his children like that and he has not. My friend says she is so sad when she sees a parent hit the child. She has an eighth grade education.

Her mother used to hit her with a switch until all of the leaves were gone.

My friend says that her sister in law hits her child and her brother does as well. Her mother now points out how my friend does not hit her child and thaf is the way to ge (my friend does not like to be pointed out like that as her sibs get angry)

In this land of huge difficulties where I live, parents with little school education have realized hitting children is a bad idea,

In America, the richest place on earth, hitting children is still ok as long as marks are not left. It boggles my mind

Bumping these links, so many details are there. These kids tried and tried and were let down time and again. This **** needs to change. It is an absolute outrage. No child should have to endure what these children did. This is becoming so like the Turpins only festivals & rallies instead of Disney and Vegas.

Children not allowed to speak, had to raise their hands.
Disciplined for laughing at the dinner table
Markis made a strange comment about waiting till everyone else ate to see if there was anything left.
Kids were only fed "tiny portions" and were not allowed seconds.
Kids would eat freely if JH was not around, but as soon as she came in, they would stop and deny they ate.
JH would have the children do yoga, but she would have them do positions that were uncomfortable for too long.
Witnessed JH grab and drag Markis upstairs.
Children not allowed to cry. JH does not like to have the kids alone with anyone.
SH described as very cold to the children.
It was noted during CPS involvement that Abigail was 6 but looked as though she was 2 years old.
1/4/2011 Children in the classroom had been giving Hannah food and/or she's been approaching classmates for food.
1/14/11 Hannah reported to the School Nurse she had not eaten that day. (Followed up by banana & nuts shoved in her mouth by an angry JH, because Hannah was disrespectful. SH's response was "she's playing the food card, just give her water". )
After awhile the MN school stopped calling the parents about the children taking food because they didn't want the children disciplined or punished.
JH makes up extravagant stories to make herself appear a hero.

It just goes on and on.
I was on the fence about Hannah's teeth. I'm convinced now they were pulled intentionally and it was food related punishment. Teaching her a lesson, making it more difficult for her to eat.
I was thinking the kids were cooperative for photo ops because they might be rewarded with food. Now I'm thinking they cooperated so that more food than would not be withheld.
This was all some kind of sick, twisted sham. And given all the underwear photos and videos out there, it would not be shocking in the least to discover far more nefarious things going on. MOO

Is there another link to the report? It has been removed from Scribd.

The abuse only seemed escalate as the years went by. The DeKalbs were unaware of any children living next door until Hannah ran over.
That is crazy. Six kids especially preteen/teens, are loud!

They must have had them so weak from starvation the had no energy

Remember in the scribd 30 page report, I think it is said that the kids were not allowed to laugh. I think they were supposed to be slient at other times? It is hard to keep,up with all of the abuse

Instead, they probably died thinking they were thought of as heros, martyrs who gave it all up for “their family”.

I don’t think I have hated someone I don’t know this much.

Do you think Jen started out with the idea of murder suicide?

I'm a dentist, not in the US. I have seen two patients in the past twelve months who have lost front teeth during falls-one 16 year old lost the same two as Hannah was missing when she fainted, and hit something. The second, and older lady, sadly lost six-three upper front teeth, and three lower, when she fell whilst bushwalking, and hit a rock. (She also fractured her arm, and had nasty soft tissue injuries) Teeth can be lost in falls. That said, however they were lost, they should have been replaced with a denture of some sort. (Hannah was too young to have implants)
That the children hadn't seen a dentist sadly doesn't surprise me. Where I live, there is an excellent public dental system, which, even if the family has a high income, will provide all dental treatment for a really nominal cost, (about $50 per year per family) to all children under 18, and probably 25% of kids attend for routine care. It is very depressing. I'm a private dentist, and even families that I know have a very high income do not attend regularly for routine examinations mostly.
All the photos I've seen show beautiful teeth. The kid's weren't getting too much sugar, that's for sure. (I've seen the photo of Devonte that may show an amalgam filling-yes, they are still used-and can't tell if it is or isn't a filling, does look like it though)
Wouldn't it be great if they are roaming around somewhere?

Amazing find. Here's something I'm not understanding. This ad is supposedly from when they had already adopted the first three children, and were looking to adopt up to three more, which I assume were Devonte, Jeremiah, and Ciara. Is that correct? If so, how do the pictures include Devonte if they hadn't adopted him yet ? Is that picture from a different source? Or were they looking to adopt more children after they already had six, but didn't update the number of children in the home?
- Thanks.
- The first picture attached, the black and white one which features Markis and Devonte, was used by the adoption agency as their Twitter profile picture in 2012 .
- The ad appeared in the same NGO bulletin / magazine on February 2007 (Internet archive snap shot and could be as early as January of the same year). The screen shot shows that the magazine file was originally created on 26 September 2006 and was last updated on 19 February 2007.
* posted again with the original quote and to solve some formatting issues (

They didn’t want the foster teen because she wanted to use wire hangers? I took it to mean the teen wanted to use those to hang her clothes instead of plastic? Why is that a reason to give up a child. Am I missing something here? Those two were evil witches.

They were certified nut jobs. That type of insanity alone should prohibit people from adopting children. IMHO.

I took it to mean a big crock of **** and a twisted hat-tip to "Mommie Dearest."

[video=youtube;XOILKHmZBwc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOILKHmZBwc[/video]

Wow! Do you think they were into this? It makes me wonder!

I took it to mean a big crock of **** and a twisted hat-tip to "Mommie Dearest."

[video=youtube;XOILKHmZBwc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOILKHmZBwc[/video]

Oh my gosh your right. I read the book and saw the movie I should have remembered. [emoji31]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaexo21