Deceased/Not Found Ca - Hannah,16 (fnd dec), Devonte,15, (dec nf) Ciera Hart,12 (fnd dec),mendocino Cty,26 Mar 2018 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TY. That says 4 previous occasions to the Nov 911 call and answers Deugirtni's question about the March call ( to the agency not to 911)

So what were the FOUR occasions previous to last November - one was possibly the domestic abuse so that leaves 3 more incidents we don't know about.....???

1. when charges were laid against SH re Abigail and the bathtub bruising/abdomen
2. the 'friend' of the H's called CPS to express concern about food being withheld from the children as punishment, etc.
3. the time when ... someone(?) noticed bruising on HH's arm and the mothers said she had fallen down the stairs

"The 2010 abuse case involving Sarah Hart marked the second time school personnel had noticed something amiss with a child in that family. Two years earlier, a 6-year-old Hart child was seen with a bruised left arm and told school staff that Jennifer Hart had struck the child's arm with a belt, according to Alexandria police records.

In an interview with Alexandria Police and Douglas County Social Services, Sarah and Jennifer Hart said the child fell down the stairs. They also said the child had faced "food issues" in public school."
https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/13/us/hart-family-abuse-isolation/index.html

In September 2008, five months before their second adoption was finalized, Hannah Hart, who was then 6, told authorities her mother Jennifer had beaten her with a belt after a teacher noticed bruising on her arm, an Alexandria police report shows. Both mothers told a police sergeant and social worker they had no idea how Hannah got the bruise but said she had recently fallen down the stairs in their home. Police closed the case without pursuing criminal charges, records show.
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2018/04/devonte_hart_family_crash_dece.html

ETA: Also, wasn't there another report of another incident which is under seal? Or did I misread that when I read it, and it really related to another one of the above?

ETA2: Oh yes, the father of the next door neighbor had also called in regard to Hannah's 2am visit, that would make it 4?

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2018/04/hart_family_crash_oregon_relea.html

This article has some more info in addition to what was in the KOIN article.

The KOIN article said 5 out of 6 were below average in height and weight.

The Oregonlive article mentions that the 5 out 6 were so low that they were not even on the growth charts. Possibly, less than 1%?

From article:
[FONT=&quot]
Five of the six children were so small that their heights and weights were not listed on growth charts for children their age, an Oregon child welfare worker wrote. But a female doctor who saw the children reported no concerns, the worker wrote.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
One person who alerted authorities said that while the family was staying in her home, they ordered pizza and each child was only allowed one small piece. The next morning the pizza was gone. The woman told authorities Jennifer Hart became enraged and took all the children into a bathroom.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]When they emerged, Jennifer Hart said none of them would be eating breakfast because no one would admit he or she had eaten the pizza, the woman reported. All the children then had to lie on a bed for four to five hours.They had to wear sleeping masks on their faces and lie with their arms at their sides, the woman said.[/FONT]

http://www.koin.com/news/oregon/oregon-cps-knew-of-hart-family-abuse-allegations-in-mn/1136220858

"[FONT=&quot]While details were released from Washington and Minnesota regarding those states' child-abuse investigations, Oregon DHS initially claimed the investigation records were exempt from disclosure, due to privacy laws. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
The records were released after KOIN 6 News filed an appeal citing a law allowing for disclosure of otherwise-confidential records in the event of a child's death as a result of abuse.

The records now show that Oregon DHS investigators first tried to contact the family on July 19, 2013. "No movement was observed in the home," DHS records show, but a card was left asking the family to contact a caseworker. Three days later, Sarah Hart called the caseworker, saying the family was soon going out of town. She denied that the children were undernourished.

However, a doctor, who provided growth charts for the children, found that all but one of the children were below the chart for height and weight, though the doctor said there were no concerns for any of the children, despite their size. ...

Two contacts DHS investigators were able to reach did express concern that the Harts limited food for the six children and noted excessive discipline, including having the children lay on the ground in a dark room for between 4 and 7 hours.

...New documents released Monday show that Oregon Child Protective Services show the agency knew that the Hart family had been investigated for child abuse in Minnesota. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Despite this knowledge, the investigation into Jennifer and Sarah Hart – whose family car was found crashed off a northern California cliff in late March – was closed 5 days after it was first opened in July 2013."[/FONT]

In all kinds of news reports it states that CPS showed up just after 'JH' arrived home from work, and she did not answer the door: "DeKalb said he called the state's Child Protective Services office on March 23. Officials arrived just after Jennifer Hart came home from work, but she didn't answer the door, he said. Sarah Hart came home soon after that, DeKalb said. By the next morning, the family and its vehicle were gone."
(http://www.phillytrib.com/news/hart...cle_c85e256c-13a0-5d23-ac4e-940c95c3d788.html).

I thought that JH stayed home schooling the children and did not work outside of the home?

Homeschooling and being a SAHM doesn't mean you never leave (as a previous commenter, not you, implied), and it doesn't necessarily mean you don't work. You might have a part-time or free-lance job, for instance. But also, the report may have been wrong about why she was gone. After all, CPS never talked to her and she never talked to the Dekalbs, so they were probably just guessing.

"Hannah told DeKalb that her white mothers were “racist” and she was “whipped with belts,” the records show."
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ths-before-california-suv-crash-idUSKBN1HJ3HH

Yes, but why.. at the moment, in the middle of the night.. was this happening right then??? Had she been planning this attempted escape for awhile, and just at that moment, she found she finally had the opportunity?

So sad.. this was at minimum, this child's second attempt to seek help, and both times she was quashed.

Yes, but why.. at the moment, in the middle of the night.. was this happening right then??? Had she been planning this attempted escape for awhile, and just at that moment, she found she finally had the opportunity?So sad.. this was at minimum, this child's second attempt to seek help, and both times she was quashed.
I don't think any further information was released, IIRC. It would be great if more details were known/released.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2018/04/hart_family_crash_oregon_relea.html

The Oregonlive article mentions that the 5 out 6 were so low that they were not even on the growth charts. Possibly, less than 1%?

From article:
[FONT=&amp]
Five of the six children were so small that their heights and weights were not listed on growth charts for children their age, an Oregon child welfare worker wrote. But a female doctor who saw the children reported no concerns, the worker wrote.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
One person who alerted authorities said that while the family was staying in her home, they ordered pizza and each child was only allowed one small piece. The next morning the pizza was gone. The woman told authorities Jennifer Hart became enraged and took all the children into a bathroom.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]When they emerged, Jennifer Hart said none of them would be eating breakfast because no one would admit he or she had eaten the pizza, the woman reported. All the children then had to lie on a bed for four to five hours.They had to wear sleeping masks on their faces and lie with their arms at their sides, the woman said.[/FONT]

Wow..

This is getting worse.

So now we have at least 6 instances of possible abuse as well as 3 house moves.

HH bruised arm (belt)
AH bruises front and back
HH knocked out teeth
HH escape from upper storey
DH begging for food (initial)
DH asking for more food (6 jars of peanut butter, 6 packs of tortillas, non perishables.

I likewise know southerners whose children call them "sir" and "ma'am". I didn't realize it might be an upper midwest thing as well. If a family has a military heritage I also can understand it being a standard form of address.

The idea of the child running into these strangers' house, then up the stairs to the second floor, in the middle of the night, and cowering between pieces of furniture, disturbs me far more. And that the Hart parents tracked her down and entered the DeKalb house without apparent permission from the owners is simply stunning. Who does that? (Seriously – who isn't afraid they would be risking being shot as home invaders for doing something like that, in the US, in the dead of night? Who wouldn't at least knock first?)

I am not enthused with the DeKalbs' overall reactions in this case, but this first encounter with the unknown kid next door and her obliviously pushy parents must have utterly dumbfounded them.

I grew up in the Upper Midwest in the 1960s and 70s and never heard children use "sir" or "ma'am". For one year we lived on an Air Force Base, and I went to school with a lot of military kids, and I didn't hear them use those words either. So if that is a Upper Midwest thing, it's relitivly new.

From article:
[FONT="]

[FONT=&]
[FONT=&]When they emerged, Jennifer Hart said none of them would be eating breakfast because no one would admit he or she had eaten the pizza, the woman reported. All the children then had to lie on a bed for four to five hours.They had to wear sleeping masks on their faces and lie with their arms at their sides, the woman said.[/FONT]

Updated;

One woman interviewed case workers as part of their investigation of the Harts told them Jen Hart had reacted defensively when she asked her why she only gave the children tiny amounts of food and kept them away from people outside the family. The woman said Jen Hart told her that Hannah Hart, the oldest daughter who had been noted to be "very small" and lacking front teeth, was morbidly obese at the time of her adoption. Jen Hart said the girl "now was so much better," the woman reported.

A photograph of Hannah Hart and her two biological siblings at the time they were adopted shows a slender, normal weight 4-year-old girl with all her teeth.

One of the women said that Jen Hart told her that Markis tried to kill her once but that Devonte saved her. She witnessed Markis make a benign comment. In response, Jen Hart made him lie on a floor in a dark room for seven hours as punishment. Another time, on Markis' July 1 birthday, he got in trouble so no one could tell him "Happy birthday," the woman told Oregon case workers.

" New documents released Monday*show that Oregon Child Protective Services show the agency knew that the Hart family had been investigated for child abuse in Minnesota.*...... Investigation was closed 5 days after it was first opened in July 2013"
Link: http://www.koin.com/news/oregon/oregon-cps-knew-of-hart-family-abuse-allegations-in-mn/1136220858

(What does it take!! Children! Just grrrrrrr)

Two contacts DHS investigators were able to reach did express concern that the Harts limited food for the six children and noted excessive discipline, including having the children lay on the ground in a dark room for between 4 and 7 hours.

Previously, the only account of the Oregon DHS investigation came from the former family friend, Alexandra Argyropoulos, who told the media she had alerted Oregon DHS in 2013 after spending two weeks with with the family.

In her account of the two weeks, she called Jennifer Hart's reactions to the children "overblown," and described her punishments as seeming "unnecessarily cruel."

"She would deprive them of meals, take away talking privileges for a day, and make them stand in a corner and stare at a wall for a long, extended period of time," Argyropoulos wrote in an email.

Argyropoulos told Jennifer Hart she was concerned the children weren't being fed. Hart told her the children had food-related issues prior to their

Homeschooling and being a SAHM doesn't mean you never leave (as a previous commenter, not you, implied), and it doesn't necessarily mean you don't work. You might have a part-time or free-lance job, for instance. But also, the report may have been wrong about why she was gone. After all, CPS never talked to her and she never talked to the Dekalbs, so they were probably just guessing.

I'm confident that we would know by now if JH had held a 'job' outside of the home. I am wondering what else the neighbors may have guessed about, which is reported as kind of 'fact' in MSM?

From article:
[FONT=&amp]

One person who alerted authorities said that while the family was staying in her home, they ordered pizza and each child was only allowed one small piece. The next morning the pizza was gone. The woman told authorities Jennifer Hart became enraged and took all the children into a bathroom.
BBM

Does anyone think Jen ate the rest of the pizza? I do. The punishment was to cover up her “crime.” How could the kids admit to something they didn’t do? And IMO it IS criminal to only allow one small piece of pizza per kid. Who can just eat one? Plus lying on a bed on their backs 4-5 hours, sleeping masks on their faces (she just happened to have SIX sleeping masks at the ready?!), arms at their sides...that’s sadistic torture...punishing them for something Jen likely did. I cry for what those kids endured. :(

I grew up in the Upper Midwest in the 1960s and 70s and never heard children use "sir" or "ma'am". For one year we lived on an Air Force Base, and I went to school with a lot of military kids, and I didn't hear them use those words either. So if that is a Upper Midwest thing, it's relitivly new.

I looked up about the Ma'am thing by google. There are some hilarious things which are how I know we felt . And the calling of older women as “ma'am”.One suggestion was to call everyone “miss “ and then wait to get corrected. Perfect,

JH probably ate it herself. This is crazy . The kids would obviously get a belt or beating if they told the truth anyway. This sounds like Charles Dickens' Oliver Twist, "please Sir, can I have some more?"

Ha ha- Lilibet we had the same thought. Who ate all the pies?

I looked up about the Maam thing by google. There are some hilarious things which are how I know we felt . Amd the calling of older women as “maam”.one suggestiin was to call everyone miss and then wait to get corrected. Perfect,

Wildly OT: I got married when I lived in Germany. If the switch from Miss to Ma'am is a difficult one imagine going from Fräulein to Frau. (It's about marital status, but that's not how it felt. :( )

I believe CPS called 911 for a welfare check and assistance on Monday, the 26th. The card from the door was gone and cars were different. I would think when she went Friday, the big Yukon was there and Sarah's car was not as she was at work.
When CPS came back Monday, the Yukon was gone and Sarah's car ws there and the card from the door was gone, so she felt someone had been in/out of the house and needed assistance to make contact with the family.

BBM

Does anyone think Jen ate the rest of the pizza? I do. The punishment was to cover up her “crime.” How could the kids admit to something they didn’t do? And IMO it IS criminal to only allow one small piece of pizza per kid. Who can just eat one? Plus lying on a bed on their backs 4-5 hours, sleeping masks on their faces (she just happened to have SIX sleeping masks at the ready?!), arms at their sides...that’s sadistic torture...punishing them for something Jen likely did. I cry for what those kids endured. :(

Exactly what I thought.

Just think of what they are admitting. They think those things are OK. What did they do in the privacy of their own home that no one knows about?

No wonder they could take trips for hours on end. No talking, On the floor or in bad with sleep masks. What the heck!

What a liar Jen is. Obese, GRRRRRR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members