CA CA - Hantae Kim, 61, hiking, Fuller Ridge Trailhead, Riverside County, 06 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

mlhenn

Reaction score

left home at 5 a.m. on Friday and was expected home by 2 a.m. on Sunday. Family members reported him missing when he failed to return.

reportedly sent photos to his family from locations along the trail, and was last heard from on the morning of July 6.

Search and rescue efforts are currently underway for 61-year-old Hantae Kim, who was reported missing while section hiking the Pacific Crest Trail near Fuller Ridge Trailhead in the San Jacinto Mountains.

Kim, whose car was discovered at the Fuller Ridge Trailhead, intended to hike to Snow Creek and back, a trail he had mapped on his AllTrails account.

Kim is described as five feet, eight inches tall, weighing 170 pounds. According to photos, he is wearing a gray Columbia jacket, hat, and is carrying a small orange Osprey backpack.

The report stated he had just a small backpack. With the temperatures in the area, a small backpack wouldn't hold enough water for a 3 day hike. Pine Wood was a close weather.com reporting station and they are showing 90's still in the day under a heat advisory. https://weather.com/weather/alerts/...ificance=Y&areaid=CAZ056&office=KSGX&etn=0005
Did he have a cache set up of water along the trail or is there water available? I couldn't see any creeks or bodies of water big enough to show up in the google map of the area. Fuller Ridge Trailhead · PCT Segment BF, Whitewater, CA 92282

None of the trails I've been on up there have water available (such as a fountain or bathrooms with running water). Some of the trails might follow a creek, but most of them are dry this time of year. All mountain snow has long since melted. I think I saw that the trail head is at 7600 feet. It's still hot, but at least it's not the scorching desert floor. If he is not accustomed to that altitude, that combined with the heat could make for a bad ending. Many of the trails climb the mountain, so he'd be exerting a lot of energy, too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SleuthyMcSnoop
Back