WA-Teen returning airsoft gun to Renton store fatally shot by off-duty guard.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Northwest Registered Agent, the company that set up the LLC for him, is based in Spokane. That Spokane address is their business address. Midnight Sun Operations LLC lists an Issaquah address for the company, although the address provided is a PO box/mailing center in Issaquah.
the link below links to the actual PDFs of the corporate docs and the handwritten forms he completed to apply. The very first pdf linked there was filed March 1 2023 and does not list the mail drop PO or the registered agent. It lists a residential address in Newcastle.

Midnight Sun Operations LLC from Issaquah, WA – company details

yep, sleuthed it a bit yesterday. Formed in 2023. He is the only employee and only director of the LLC as far as I can see. Has no physical business address, uses a mail drop location for a PO box. however the initial filing of his intent to form his corporation contains what was likely at the time his personal address. I haven't posted that single family home address because property records indicate the property is titled in the name of someone else.
Hmm.
Sort of 'under the radar', then ?
He had no right to murder an innocent teen.
Rest in peace, Hazrat !

Hope the perp spends the rest of his days in prison. :mad:
Omo.

This is the 2nd thread I’ve had today to remind me of the phrase “Ready, Fire, AIM”. The right to run around armed is dangerous if those armed lack the stability to use/not use the weapon.

This is the 2nd thread I’ve had today to remind me of the phrase “Ready, Fire, AIM”. The right to run around armed is dangerous if those armed lack the stability to use/not use the weapon.
George Zimmerman vibes. No one should be allowed to be employed with a handgun if they don't have at least three brain cells. Literally anyone can sign up to work as a security guard and similar. I know this because when I applied for one of those jobs the only thing they asked of me was that I could run so and so far within five minutes.

Myers' attorney, Michelle Scudder, sent KING 5 a statement Monday in regard to the case. The statement says Myers and his family are "devastated" and reiterated that Myers believed he was "witnessing the beginning of an armed robbery" and was intervening "in the hope of stopping the robbery before anyone got hurt."

"Unfortunately, during the confrontation Mr. Myers became in fear for his own life and fired his duty weapon to defend himself," the statement reads, in part. "We are confident that over the course of this investigation the evidence will show that Mr. Myers’ only intent that day was to protect himself and others from serious harm or death."
[snip]
Myers remains in jail on $2 million bail, and is due back in court on August 28.
Suspect in deadly shooting of teen outside Renton BIG 5 pleads not guilty

I thought I might be in danger isn't an excuse when that is not a reasonable fear.

He may well have thought he was in danger but it sounds as if Mr. Myers sees danger around every corner. That is kind of the point. He is not psychologically fit to carry a weapon.

I really really want to know if ABM ever tried to get into law enforcement. I am willing to bet he did and was refused. So he created his little security company so he could carry and feel some sense of authority over others when he couldn't gain it any other way. JMO MOO.

Myers' attorney, Michelle Scudder, sent KING 5 a statement Monday in regard to the case. The statement says Myers and his family are "devastated" and reiterated that Myers believed he was "witnessing the beginning of an armed robbery" and was intervening "in the hope of stopping the robbery before anyone got hurt."

"Unfortunately, during the confrontation Mr. Myers became in fear for his own life and fired his duty weapon to defend himself," the statement reads, in part. "We are confident that over the course of this investigation the evidence will show that Mr. Myers’ only intent that day was to protect himself and others from serious harm or death."
[snip]
Myers remains in jail on $2 million bail, and is due back in court on August 28.
Suspect in deadly shooting of teen outside Renton BIG 5 pleads not guilty

His "duty weapon"?? This guy is not a police officer! He's a self-appointed "overwatcher". Good grief.

For the family’s sake I hope this guy is sentenced and justice served (not like in the Trayvon Martin’s case)
And I have to agree, is hard not to see a racial bias involved
He shot an unarmed teenager seven times, he is a murderer

For the family’s sake I hope this guy is sentenced and justice served (not like in the Trayvon Martin’s case)
And I have to agree, is hard not to see a racial bias involved
I'm not sure if there is a bias, or he just couldn't wait to shoot someone, anyone. I'm waiting for any additional info that lets me land on an opinion. I wonder what the the bicycling man looked like that he followed in 2022 because he "thought" he had a gun and he "might" have to draw his weapon on? That might give me a better idea if he had a specific type he thought warranted close "overwatch"

I think he and his family are only "devastated" because he was charged with a crime. (As he deserves to be, IMO.) He chose to be violent and reckless and "play God" against all common sense and duty of care when you carry a weapon. He could have killed a bystander. He just thought he'd get away with it, so now he's "devastated."

pretty sure he is devastated that he is, once again, nobody's hero. So anxious to play the gun toting savior and every single time he is thwarted by reality. This time ending in homicide.

pretty sure he is devastated that he is, once again, nobody's hero. So anxious to play the gun toting savior and every single time he is thwarted by reality. This time ending in homicide.
Very well said.

I think this sums up his probable state of mind. The totality could be:

- Upper middle aged male. History of low status jobs. Recreates himself as a "Security Professional". Starts to incorporate military lingo into the "new me". But... as you imply, the recreation, in an of itself, does not give the status / recognition he seeks.

- So, he "bumps it up". He now performs "over watch" uhhmm.... "missions" in the hopes that a successful intervention will accord him hero status. As over watch gets boring (many real combat soldiers can relate that over watch missions are, in fact, boring- 99% of the time), he starts to "patrol" for intervention possibilities. Comes close to intervening on one "patrol".

- On the day in question, he had reverted back to "over watch" regarding intervention possibilities. Upon seeing such a possibility, he launches himself into what he presumes will be the short road to hero status. Affirmation will now come- so will lucrative body guard contracts. And, admiring women will take notice- right? But.... as a you stated, reality intervenes (again).

-

Last edited:

The people I've known who are this delusional do not feel devastated, sadly. That's why they keep repeating their mistakes without learning anything.

Instead, it's everyone else's fault. It's a primitive defense mechanism. I don't think this particular shooter is capable of feeling something like devastation - that's what you or I or any normal person would feel.

For all I know, he feels he finally "accomplished" one of his goals. IOW, I think he meets the ordinary definition of "crazed." Kind of like that guy who killed Stephen and Carol Baxter in England. Only less intelligent than that guy.

IMO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitbladdo