WA-Teen returning airsoft gun to Renton store fatally shot by off-duty guard.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He is the whole security company, yeah he always on duty.
As a side note though, has anyone checked yelp to verify his hours of operation? Maybe he wont even be able to claim on duty for those hours. I dunno I aint look either.

I don't know that one could claim to be "on duty" if they weren't hired by anyone to be actually providing security. He wasn't hired by the strip mall, the Big 5 store, or the martial arts business to be a security guard "on duty" for them.

SPECULATION: That incident in 2022 left him with egg on his face and he wants badly to redeem himself. He was mistaken about seeing that man with a weapon, convinced himself there was one where none was present. I imagine that was somewhat embarrasing for ABM, to have the police see him be so wrong about that.

I think his joining this committee the city formed only further amped up his motivation to prove what a hero he is. The 4th he is named to be on the safetly committee. The 5th he takes his son to jujitsu class, while performing "overwatch" of the parking lot, maybe sees the LEOs that are there in that same lot.

Sees the teens carrying what he convinces himself is a glock. Sees an opportunity to proove his metal and rescue or assist officers from a threat they do not even see. Only he, who is performing overwatch sees it. He seizes the opportunity to be the hero and prevent the mass shooting event he imagines is around every corner it seems.
I'm with you 100% on this.

Now he gets to play rent-a-cop hero in the penitentiary lunchroom.

I don't know that one could claim to be "on duty" if they weren't hired by anyone to be actually providing security. He wasn't hired by the strip mall, the Big 5 store, or the martial arts business to be a security guard "on duty" for them.
agree. He was on a personal errand (picking up 13 year old son from the martial arts class). And I doubt the argument could be made he was on official duty as a safety committee member for the city either. Boy they were quick to remove any mention of him as a member on the page I linked earlier weren't they?

Wonder if that Public Safety Ad Hoc Committee is going to be changed, get shut down, sued, or all of the above? MOO
I would say "sued" for sure as lawsuits are easy to file and there are plenty of attorneys willing to file them.

But... as the Committee is purely an "in doors" advisory and does not appear to sponsor any sanctioned Citizen patrols, nor do they appear to even remotely encourage uhmm.... "over watch" activities, I don't think a mega million dollar settlement is going to be forthcoming.

He can claim it because he works for himself. Its BS no doubt .
I think the words he said in the first few moments to authorities will solidify the case against him, he was waiting for his son and just there not a hired gig. However , I think even if he had been hired, 6 shots in the back is inexcusible.

Wonder if that Public Safety Ad Hoc Committee is going to be changed, get shut down, sued, or all of the above? MOO

The committee is for the city where he lives (Newcastle) which is a different city than where the shooting happened (Renton). Since he was only on the committee for one day when this incident happened, I bet the committee will continue, just obviously without him being part of it.

"Over watch" is a military term used to describe anticipating a certain threat, and then protecting a target or other soldiers from afar. Those on "over watch" are usually concealed to take the enemy by surprise.

For example, snipers over watching a foot patrol when the anticipated threat is being ambushed by enemy soldiers.
Or the anticipated threat is an attack by tanks. So, a patrol in light armored vehicles is over watched by teams of soldiers with hi tech anti tank missiles.

Ideally, as soon as the enemy makes an appearance, those on over watch decisively stop the attack before it starts. The surprised enemy is quickly defeated. And.... the stunned survivors dont want to even think about making another such attack. So.... its a double victory.
It sounds like another word for vigilantism.

The committee is for the city where he lives (Newcastle) which is a different city than where the shooting happened (Renton). Since he was only on the committee for one day when this incident happened, I bet the committee will continue, just obviously without him being part of it.
Newcastle was a part of Renton until it incorporated as its own city. It still gets mail delivered out of the Renton post office.

SPECULATION: That incident in 2022 left him with egg on his face and he wants badly to redeem himself. He was mistaken about seeing that man with a weapon, convinced himself there was one where none was present. I imagine that was somewhat embarrasing for ABM, to have the police see him be so wrong about that.

I think his joining this committee the city formed only further amped up his motivation to prove what a hero he is. The 4th he is named to be on the safetly committee. The 5th he takes his son to jujitsu class, while performing "overwatch" of the parking lot, maybe sees the LEOs that are there in that same lot.

Sees the teens carrying what he convinces himself is a glock. Sees an opportunity to proove his metal and rescue or assist officers from a threat they do not even see. Only he, who is performing overwatch sees it. He seizes the opportunity to be the hero and prevent the mass shooting event he imagines is around every corner it seems.
Nicely put.

But all that's a disaster waiting to happen (or it WAS, now it has). But it didn't have to end in disaster even if he was setting it all up for one! He would have been taking a risk that something like this could happen, but it still could so easily have gone differently without the disaster ending.

I mean, say it was something like your scenario, which you ended w/this sentence: He seizes the opportunity to be the hero and prevent the mass shooting event he imagines is around every corner it seems.

Then it could've continued something more like this: Refusing to let his fear stand in the way of him risking his own life for the safety of his son and his community, he summons up his courage and boldly confronts the potential terrorists. Making sure they see his trusty weapon securely holstered on his hip, he addresses them with authority and demands they explain themselves. Somehow he safely disarms the one with the supposed gun, and calls 911 and waits for "backup". LE arrives almost immediately since they were already in the parking lot, and the whole truth of the situation is revealed, and things go from there as we all know they would... meaning the teens' parents swiftly file civil liberties and great personal distress etc. lawsuits against our "hero", he goes broke, and lives out his remaining days in poverty, drunken oblivion, and shame. BUT nobody gets hurt! (Or at least shot!)

OK, I got a little creative with the story, but the point is, he could've satisfied his compulsion to "exercise his authority", which he felt the need to only because he was carrying a gun, without resorting to murder! He ambushed them, had them at his mercy at the point of his gun, they were complying and following his orders (even though they didn't have to), and so why oh why did he have to go ahead and shoot? Shoot to kill? 7 times? As he was trying to run away? With no possibility that he was in fear for his life or under attack?

It's too late for the victim, but I can only hope that justice is served on this man who took a life and ruined his own by his hubris and foolish actions.

A Washington man charged in the murder of a 17-year-old boy shot the teen at least six times in the back and previously pursued another innocent person in 2022, telling police that he "might have to shoot," according to new details revealed in court documents obtained by USA TODAY on Tuesday.
[snip]
Myers, who says he's a licensed security guard, had been in the parking lot conducting what he said was "overwatch," something he does while his 13-year-old son goes to jujitsu class next to the Big 5. He told police he's seen numerous crimes occur there in the past and just wanted to keep his son safe.
[snip]
Hazrat begins to turn away from Myers, briefly lowering one of his raised arms in the direction of his waistband, at which point Myers opens fire, shooting the boy seven times, hitting him "once in the side and at least six times in the back," Burke wrote in the charging document.
Washington man shot teen 7 times after mistakenly suspecting him of planning robbery

his son is 13. I feel for that kid. Wonder what home life is/was like with this dad. Seems, how can I say this, er pretty tightly wound.

they confirm the matrial arts studio is next door to the Big 5 store and further confirm he not only shot the kid seven times, at least six of those were in the kids BACK.

This guy is a manace and he better never see the light of day again. My biggest fear is that some bigoted group with a larger agenda will bail him out.
How did this guy ever become licensed as a security guard? I understand people lie on application forms, but there needs to be improved back ground checks. For those who buy legally. But many buy on the black market, I know.

How did this guy ever become licensed as a security guard? I understand people lie on application forms, but there needs to be improved back ground checks. For those who buy legally. But many buy on the black market, I know.

Did this guy have anything in his past that would have shown up as a flagged on a background check? I know he had that other encounter with LE when he was following kids around in a store but it didn't sound like any criminal charges were filed in that case, unless I missed something.

Last edited:
has anyone even found so much as a photo of ABM? This many day slater I find it odd his photo hasn't been published. Might have to try to find the booking photo later if time allows.

ETA so I can find his booking info later
Booking #
Subject Lookup · Custom Portal

I find that odd, too. For someone who supposedly supports the community and is involved, to the point of being chosen to serve on a city safety committee, it baffles me that he seems to have no online presence, no social media, no photos, nothing.

Myers created his own Spokane-based security guard company, Midnight Sun Operations LLC

yep, sleuthed it a bit yesterday. Formed in 2023. He is the only employee and only director of the LLC as far as I can see. Has no physical business address, uses a mail drop location for a PO box. however the initial filing of his intent to form his corporation contains what was likely at the time his personal address. I haven't posted that single family home address because property records indicate the property is titled in the name of someone else.

Myers created his own Spokane-based security guard company, Midnight Sun Operations LLC

Northwest Registered Agent, the company that set up the LLC for him, is based in Spokane. That Spokane address is their business address. Midnight Sun Operations LLC lists an Issaquah address for the company, although the address provided is a PO box/mailing center in Issaquah.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back