WA-Teen returning airsoft gun to Renton store fatally shot by off-duty guard.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So I'm gonna further take a guess - JUST SPECULATION - that in addition to being a wanna be cop who couldn't pass the psych eval, he is either a wanna be soldier who wasn't for the same reason or he is former military who was dishonorably discharged.

I can't wait to see what you all drum up from his socials. I already have an impression of who I THINK Mr. Myers might be.JMO
51 ! If I find out he was picking a 27 year old son up from jitzu I will lose my poopzu.

Though Washington does not have a stand your ground statute, the state supreme court has held that there is no duty to retreat before using force in public.2
Stand Your Ground in Washington.

When there is no reasonable ground to believe that a person is in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm, and it appears that only an ordinary battery is what's intended, and all that is what the person fears, he has a right to stand his ground and repel such threatened assault, yet he has no right to repel a threatened assault with naked hands, by the use of a deadly weapon in a deadly manner, unless he believes, and has reasonable grounds to believe, that he is in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm. See State v. Wanrow, 88 Wn.2d 221 (1977).
https://www.washingtongunlaw.com/stand-your-ground

I will be following this one. I think this situation is very simlar to the Ahmaud Arbery case in all the wrong ways :(

Though Washington does not have a stand your ground statute, the state supreme court has held that there is no duty to retreat before using force in public.2
Stand Your Ground in Washington.

When there is no reasonable ground to believe that a person is in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm, and it appears that only an ordinary battery is what's intended, and all that is what the person fears, he has a right to stand his ground and repel such threatened assault, yet he has no right to repel a threatened assault with naked hands, by the use of a deadly weapon in a deadly manner, unless he believes, and has reasonable grounds to believe, that he is in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm. See State v. Wanrow, 88 Wn.2d 221 (1977).
https://www.washingtongunlaw.com/stand-your-ground

I will be following this one. I think this situation is very simlar to the Ahmaud Arbery case in all the wrong ways :(
I don't know if you saw it in the one of the articles ,but the dill weed did say he thought the victim was reaching in his waistband. Sorry to have no words of encouragement .Zimmerman vibes as well.

Washington licenses both unarmed and armed security guards. Guards must meet eligibility and training requirements.

The Department of Licensing (DOL) also licenses professionals who operate security businesses. The primary responsible party may be termed the ‘qualifying principal’ or ‘company principal’. This may be a high level officer. In some cases, it will be an owner. In the case of partnerships, both partners must meet eligibility requirements for principals.

Washington Security Guard License Requirements | Become a Security Guard in WA - SecurityGuard-license.org

Washington licenses both unarmed and armed security guards. Guards must meet eligibility and training requirements.

The Department of Licensing (DOL) also licenses professionals who operate security businesses. The primary responsible party may be termed the ‘qualifying principal’ or ‘company principal’. This may be a high level officer. In some cases, it will be an owner. In the case of partnerships, both partners must meet eligibility requirements for principals.

Washington Security Guard License Requirements | Become a Security Guard in WA - SecurityGuard-license.org

You can look up his security guard license here: https://professions.dol.wa.gov/s/license-lookup

It shows his license as active, "Armed Principal/Qualifying Agent", with a company called Midnight Sun Operations LLC.

Searching business licenses by the company name, Aaron is the only listed person for that company. The company opened April 17, 2023.

License Number:
License Type:
Security Guard
Active
Name:
AARON BROWN MYERS
Prior Name:
Aaron Myers
First Issue Date:
November 04, 2019
Sub-status:
None
City:
Newcastle
Current Issue Date:
October 26, 2023
Disciplinary Action:
No
State:
WA
Expiration Date:
November 04, 2024
Program:
Security Guards
County:
King
Endorsements
None
List of all Associated Licensees
NameLicense NumberLicense TypeAssociation TypeLicense Status
MIDNIGHT SUN OPERATIONS LLC23011789Security Guard CompanyArmed Principal/Qualifying AgentActive

From @sasha17 's link

You can look up his security guard license here: https://professions.dol.wa.gov/s/license-lookup

It shows his license as active, "Armed Principal/Qualifying Agent", with a company called Midnight Sun Operations LLC.

Searching business licenses by the company name, Aaron is the only listed person for that company. The company opened April 17, 2023.
13 Months ago.

From the link ,
''The teens initially complied and put their hands up. The teen who had the "gun," which ended up being an airsoft gun, tossed the weapon to the side.''

Pretend cop is just fine with abusing his gun rights ,but no one else can open carry around his children!
This guy must be extra stupid too ,but it is a sporting good store ,which often have a gun counter which often people bring guns into for repairs and certifications . Not sure this one did or not. But still.
They have one. I live about ten minutes away. This is a truly bizarre story that this man gave. Makes no sense at all. There isn’t even a dojo on that part of the strip mall. Also, the county cops were conducting training in another part of the lot. If he’s so watchful, he must have known that. MOO

They have one. I live about ten minutes away. This is a truly bizarre story that this man gave. Makes no sense at all. There isn’t even a dojo on that part of the strip mall. Also, the county cops were conducting training in another part of the lot. If he’s so watchful, he must have known that. MOO
watching what he wants, just like following someone through multiple stores because he "thought" they were armed, if they were it was just as much their right as his.... there is so much more to this story. He was probably watching the cops as he felt a kinship as a "overwatcher".

watching what he wants, just like following someone through multiple stores because he "thought" they were armed, if they were it was just as much their right as his.... there is so much more to this story. He was probably watching the cops as he felt a kinship as a "overwatcher".
Probably got himself a Big Mac from the McDonald’s in the same complex, sat there playing cop and watching people while looking for a problem. I wouldn’t have thought twice about those boys bringing a gun into that store because it’s a big 5 that sells and repairs guns. They also threw the gun to the ground and told him it wasn’t real as soon as he approached them. This really sickens me. I own guns and this sickens me. An off duty security guard, that doesn’t even work there, watching a parking lot while armed looking for a fight MOO

Probably got himself a Big Mac from the McDonald’s in the same complex, sat there playing cop and watching people while looking for a problem. I wouldn’t have thought twice about those boys bringing a gun into that store because it’s a big 5 that sells and repairs guns. They also threw the gun to the ground and told him it wasn’t real as soon as he approached them. This really sickens me. I own guns and this sickens me. An off duty security guard, that doesn’t even work there, watching a parking lot while armed looking for a fight MOO
I agree, but now darnit I want a big mac!

there is a martial arts school within the strip mall. It is located in suite H at 601 S Grady Way, so I believe he was there waiting for his son.

but every single other detail of his story is total self serving garbage. He makes a habit of looking for ways to play cop and that day he found a way to pull and use his weapon. Killing an innocent kid rightfully going about his business.

there is a martial arts school within the strip mall. It is located in suite H at 601 S Grady Way, so I believe he was there waiting for his son.

but every single other detail of his story is total self serving garbage. He makes a habit of looking for ways to play cop and that day he found a way to pull and use his weapon. Killing an innocent kid rightfully going about his business.
What’s the name of it? I googled and can’t find one. I’ve also lived here for almost all of my 50 years and have never seen one in that strip mall. I could be wrong moo
ETA I found it. You wouldn’t be able to see the school if you are in front of big 5 and vice Versa I forgot that corner place was on that side next to Starbucks.

What’s the name of it? I googled and can’t find one. I’ve also lived here for almost all of my 50 years and have never seen one in that strip mall. I could be wrong moo
ETA I found it. You wouldn’t be able to see the school if you are in front of big 5 and vice Versa I forgot that corner place was on that side next to Starbucks.

Gracie Barra Renton
5.0 (88)·Martial arts school
Closed ⋅ Opens 11:30 AM
601 South Grady Way, Renton, WA 98057

yeah if that is location, that big Mac eating just hoping to see someone he could confront and shoot seems more and more likely. Parking near the school would not seem to put him on a path to bump into the teens heading to Big 5

Last edited:

According to Google, there is a Gracie Barra Ju Jitsu location at the strip mall in unit H (in the space that used to have a clothing store called "Avenue"). The Big 5 is located directly next door.

screenshot-2024-06-12-at-9-59-01%E2%80%AFam-png.509796

Here is a street view from Google Maps. If you go to Google Maps and zoom in on the buildings, you can see the letter for each unit is written on the door. There's an H on the door of the "Avenue" store. (This photo is from 2018.)

Screenshot 2024-06-12 at 9.56.39 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-12 at 9.59.01 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-12 at 9.59.01 AM.png
    86.2 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors