CA - Harvey Weinstein trial on Sexual Harassment #metoo *Guilty in CA, NY Appeal*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Men blaming women for their actions goes all the way back to Adam and Eve.

I don't recall Anna Nicole Smith needing anyone to blame for her decision to marry a vulnerable, wealthy man for financial benefit, yet she definitely used controlling behaviour and coercive control to gain and maintain power and control over another person, as a victim, in order to subject that person to psychological, physical, sexual, or financial abuse. Likewise, men don't need anyone to blame for using money for the same ends.

I don't recall Anna Nicole Smith needing anyone to blame for her decision to marry a vulnerable, wealthy man for financial benefit, yet she definitely used controlling behaviour and coercive control to gain and maintain power and control over another person, as a victim, in order to subject that person to psychological, physical, sexual, or financial abuse. Likewise, men don't need anyone to blame for using money for the same ends.

Men often say they were seduced or tricked by women. It's not their fault she dressed like that or led them on, whatever. It's very common for women to be blamed when they've been assaulted or raped. Everyone knows this. There are examples in this very thread.

Jennifer Lawrence speaks out:

The actress said she felt “trapped” by the experience. “I let myself be treated a certain way because I felt I had to for my career,” she shared.
“I’m still learning that I don’t have to smile when a man makes me uncomfortable,” she added. “Every human being should have the power to be treated with respect because they’re human.”

The Oscar winner also said that despite the sadness that comes with sexual harassment or assault, she believes the experiences of all women have been “oddly unifying.”

http://ew.com/movies/2017/10/17/jen...ose-weight/amp/?xid=Outbrain_People_GalleryRR

Men often say they were seduced or tricked by women. It's not their fault she dressed like that or led them on, whatever. It's very common for women to be blamed when they've been assaulted or raped. Everyone knows this. There are examples in this very thread.

What? That's simply not true. This site is full of victim discussions and no one has ever suggested that a rape or murder victim is responsible for being raped. Let's keep things in perspective.

Jennifer Lawrence speaks out:

The actress said she felt “trapped” by the experience. “I let myself be treated a certain way because I felt I had to for my career,” she shared. “I’m still learning that I don’t have to smile when a man makes me uncomfortable,” she added. “Every human being should have the power to be treated with respect because they’re human.”

The Oscar winner also said that despite the sadness that comes with sexual harassment or assault, she believes the experiences of all women have been “oddly unifying.”

http://ew.com/movies/2017/10/17/jen...ose-weight/amp/?xid=Outbrain_People_GalleryRR

Why would anyone today think that they have to be sexually assaulted for a career? Where do these people come from to think like that?

I think that women do have responsibilities for how they are treated, just the same as men, and those in the identity spectrum. If a man is invited to a woman's hotel room and the woman answers the door wearing a bathrobe, what message is she communicating? Is it obvious that she wants to have a professional business meeting, or are the lines seriously blurred? If he enters the room and the woman proposes sexual activity, should he ask for money to remain silent about her invitation?

Feminism supports equality, but should that start with equal assumptions and expectations?

I think that women do have responsibilities for how they are treated, just the same as men, and those in the identity spectrum. If a man is invited to a woman's hotel room and the woman answers the door wearing a bathrobe, what message is she communicating? Is it obvious that she wants to have a professional business meeting, or are the lines seriously blurred? If he enters the room and the woman proposes sexual activity, should he ask for money to remain silent about her invitation?

Feminism supports equality, but should that start with equal assumptions and expectations?

So, are you suggesting Harvey was dressed as a woman in a bathrobe when he scheduled interviews/meetings in his hotel suite? I’m being (somewhat) facetious in response to your repeated OT, fallacious, hypothetical tu quoque arguments. Moo

[emoji202]MOO

100% of the time a woman wearing a bathrobe is not communicating the message "RAPE ME."

100% of the time a woman wearing a bathrobe is not communicating the message "RAPE ME."

Okay, but that doesn't exactly relate to my comment. My question is about a woman who invites a man to her hotel room, answers the door wearing a bathrobe, and what that communicates.

The Weinstein Company may also be held accountable given that HW had disclosed settlements during the HW recent contract negotiations. How could it be that the B of D didn't ask for more detail about the settlements?

"Lance Maerov, the board member who handled the contract negotiations, acknowledged in an interview that he had been told of settlements, but said that he had assumed they were used to cover up consensual affairs. Mr. Maerov said that his chief concern had been whether Mr. Weinstein’s behavior posed a legal liability for the business, and that after receiving assurances that no company money was used and that no complaints against Mr. Weinstein were pending, he had approved the contract." https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/11/business/weinstein-company.html

If the company did not act when they knew, I am sure the D&O insurance will not cover the liability in a lawsuit.
"In California and New York, companies can be found liable if a manager has engaged in harassment, even if others at the firm weren't aware of the inappropriate behavior, Fromholz said. Weinstein was co-chairman of his company and, with his brother Bob, owns 42%."
http://beta.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-weinstein-legal-fallout-20171010-story.html

Not sure if this has been shared yet

https://twitter.com/i/moments/927311385427451904

2be7b08242676e94b1bfc4cd0587c8c9.jpg

Okay, but that doesn't exactly relate to my comment. My question is about a woman who invites a man to her hotel room, answers the door wearing a bathrobe, and what that communicates.

Please elaborate and help me understand. Otherwise it just sounds like another tu quoque argument that deflects from the issues and topic of this thread. Imho

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque

[emoji202]MOO

It could communicate a million things.

She just got out of the shower. She is depressed. She just got out of bed. All her clothes are in the laundry and she put on a robe and rushed to the door. She is wearing something sexy underneath and hoping the man at the door will have some enjoyable sex with her.

It would be best for the man to not infer too much from her robe and rather speak to her and listen to what she says.

Maybe, just maybe, this can end all the female nudity in movies. Nine times out of ten, when I watch a movie, there's ALWAYS a naked woman - which has no place in the plot line - IMO.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-harvey-weinstein-london-20171107-story.html

Manhattan D.A. moving closer to criminal charges against Harvey Weinstein

“The Manhattan district attorney’s office is expected to begin presenting evidence to a grand jury in the coming weeks that could result in movie mogul Harvey Weinstein being indicted for sex crimes.

“Manhattan Dist. Atty. Cyrus R. Vance will begin the process of seeking the indictment against the producer in connection with the accusations, including those by an actress who said she was raped by Weinstein in 2010, according to a source familiar with ongoing criminal investigations not authorized to comment. The investigation is in the early stages.”

[emoji202]MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azouheir
Back